Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 31-05-2011 10:21 PM

I have been in civil service for 5+yrs. Pay 4K. I look at HODs and their range is anything from 5-8k. Is that considered low or normal? Coz i think its super low. Very demoralising... no light at end of the tunnel.....

Unregistered 31-05-2011 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 12799)
I have been in civil service for 5+yrs. Pay 4K. I look at HODs and their range is anything from 5-8k. Is that considered low or normal? Coz i think its super low. Very demoralising... no light at end of the tunnel.....

u male or female
NS or no NS
1st class, 2nd upper, 2nd lower, 3rd class, pass with merit, or pass?which one
what is your starting pay when you 1st join civil service?
how many promotion in civil service?
you MX12 or MX11 now?

you join civil service since fresh grad? or have some private sector exp then join civil service?

Unregistered 01-06-2011 11:30 PM

Male, 2nd lower. First job. 2promos. Looking at my route of advancement, no high flyer so unlikely reach anything more than a HOD at best when i hit 40yrs. So till i retire pay will never touch 5digits..... sad

[email protected] 02-06-2011 12:23 AM

Unemployed

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 5852)
Wow...you must be a high flyer to have such good starting pay and to have such high pay increments as well including a whopping nearly 16% increment from 2009 to 2010. Even the 2009 recession did not affect your pay. I contragulate you on your success!

In general, civil servant is the most well paid people in Singapore. For 4 to 5k monthly salary, they can go home almost everyday at 6pm; in private sector, for the same salary, one have to work like **** from 8:00am to after 8:00pm or even longer hours at times, and yet they do not get the year end bonus plus up to 8 months of so called Performance Bonus even if they are up to par.

Therefore, in Singapore, civil servants by all means are overpaid for the kinds of jobs they have done.

Unregistered 02-06-2011 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 12845)
Male, 2nd lower. First job. 2promos. Looking at my route of advancement, no high flyer so unlikely reach anything more than a HOD at best when i hit 40yrs. So till i retire pay will never touch 5digits..... sad

summary

Male with NS
2nd lower
Join civil service since fresh grad
5 years exp

MX13 = what starting pay ??

since you got 2 promotion = now you are MX11 = $4000/mth

Unregistered 02-06-2011 06:48 PM

promotion after nearing salary cap

Hi,

just got a promotion this year and noticed that my PI + MI is lower than my confirmation increment last year, despite my grade being better than last year's. HR told me that it is because my salary before promotion is near the cap for my grade, hence no /little MI portion this year.

will anyone be able to advise if what my HR said is usually the case for all civil service? or just something that is practiced at certain govt bodies?

many thanks in advance.

Dilemma 02-06-2011 11:40 PM

Need advise

Hi, im workin in stat board for the past 13 yrs(diploma position) drawing 4.2/mth. I was offered a post in a ministry under MX12 on 2yr contract at 4.4/mth(degree post). I'm a bit skeptical as my current post is perm and contract is unchartered territory. I need to confirm w them by Monday whether i'm taking the offer. Really not sure whether to take the offer althou the HR claim contract renewable or can emplaced(convert perm) depending on work performance.

Unregistered 03-06-2011 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 12871)
Hi,

just got a promotion this year and noticed that my PI + MI is lower than my confirmation increment last year, despite my grade being better than last year's. HR told me that it is because my salary before promotion is near the cap for my grade, hence no /little MI portion this year.

will anyone be able to advise if what my HR said is usually the case for all civil service? or just something that is practiced at certain govt bodies?

many thanks in advance.

sounds weird. if before promotion u near cap for your grade, then no/little MI is correct. but if u promoted means new grade , then u r in the next salary band.

Unregistered 03-06-2011 08:24 AM

Public Service Division just announced that civil servants will get a mid-year bonus of 0.5month+$250. Was wondering if Stat Boards like Nanyang Polytechnic (NYP) will also give such variable bonus....

Unregistered 03-06-2011 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 12871)
Hi,

many thanks in advance.

Question to ask!

Is PI = promotional increment? Is it you only get the PI when you get promoted (let say from MX12 to MX11)? If otherwise, in normal year where you do not get promoted, you only just get the MI (merit increment)??

Is MI(merit increment = annual increment)?