Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 28-03-2020 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131095)
For local uni graduates, does the civil service on average pay better than most private sector jobs? This is excluding lawyers/doctors/bankers, of course.

subjective, quite common for local grad to earn 120k p.a at 35 year old. you judge for yourself

Unregistered 29-03-2020 12:36 AM

How much does mfa fso pay for fch female? how about fch male?

Unregistered 29-03-2020 12:53 AM

MX10 drawing $9300 gross. 38 yr old male. local grad.

Been at MX10 for past two years. Would like to crowdsource from those who hit MX9. how long did you take to get to MX9? Request to also state your age, gender and whether you are PSLP/farmer. =) Thanks in advance to all those willing to share such confi info.

Unregistered 29-03-2020 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131109)

Been at MX10 for past two years. Would like to crowdsource from those who hit MX9. how long did you take to get to MX9? Request to also state your age, gender and whether you are PSLP/farmer. =) Thanks in advance to all those willing to share such confi info.

i think you won't have alot of luck here.. dont think there is much mx9 surf this page.
i am a mx10, but much junior than you, just promoted last year.

based on your pay, i think if you performer is very good, you have a chance next year (if not this year)

Unregistered 29-03-2020 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131121)
i think you won't have alot of luck here.. dont think there is much mx9 surf this page.
i am a mx10, but much junior than you, just promoted last year.

based on your pay, i think if you performer is very good, you have a chance next year (if not this year)

How old are you and what is your basic?
Is it confirmed that once you reach a certain salary at MX10, you will be promoted to MX9?

Unregistered 29-03-2020 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131124)
How old are you and what is your basic?
Is it confirmed that once you reach a certain salary at MX10, you will be promoted to MX9?

what you mean by basic? i am drawing 8k monthly (exclude bonus).. 35 this year.. increment coming next week, but i duno how much yet.. got a B

Unregistered 29-03-2020 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131108)
How much does mfa fso pay for fch female? how about fch male?

Should be 4800 onwards. Male in civil service has around 150-200 more for NS.

Unregistered 29-03-2020 03:43 PM

hi friends, not sure if this is the right forum but i need your help!!

i'm quite new to the forums here but i wanted to find out if MAS or EDB is a better place to work in as a fresh grad. i have offers from both and they're very good roles with decent starting pay. the job nature is different, but both can lead to great career progression and exit opportunities. it's tough for me to pick. how should i decide?

Unregistered 29-03-2020 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131158)
hi friends, not sure if this is the right forum but i need your help!!

i'm quite new to the forums here but i wanted to find out if MAS or EDB is a better place to work in as a fresh grad. i have offers from both and they're very good roles with decent starting pay. the job nature is different, but both can lead to great career progression and exit opportunities. it's tough for me to pick. how should i decide?

You have to decide urself. And 10 years down the road you look back, you only have yourself to blame for choosing the right when you should have went left.

Unregistered 29-03-2020 04:58 PM

I am at the equivalent of your grade in a stat board. I am a farmer and one year older than you are. Can't foresee when i will hit superscale, though my CEP is 8.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131109)