Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 02-12-2019 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 126725)
Hi, we all know the "economy has weakened". Will it affect the amount of merit increment and performance bonus next year?

Yes. Why not?

For top performers, they may pay 4 months this year. Next year, they may scale down by 0.5 months for everyone. There is nothing stopping the PSD from doing so.

Unregistered 03-12-2019 08:14 AM

HTX in the news. The place-to-be for engineering talents. Very competitive packages for the engineers and scientists with deep skills.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 124514)
Unofficial one, yes.

MAS, EDB, HTX are in the top tier. (Ask Google if you are thinking of conveniently asking what is this and what is that)

A*STAR is definitely in the bottom tier. They run on funds and research grants, without which they restructure and ask staff to leave.

Unregistered 03-12-2019 09:12 AM

The forumers here are quite ignorant and outdated. They kept circling around stale topics (e.g. asking about pay of the same old agencies) and didnt have the foresight to look out for exciting developments on the horizon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 126738)
HTX in the news. The place-to-be for engineering talents. Very competitive packages for the engineers and scientists with deep skills.

Unregistered 04-12-2019 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 126597)
32 this year. Non-MX scheme grade 11. Just below 8k monthly. Annual about 18.5 months not counting AVC. I'm a farmer here. Not happy because scholars paid even more but do same ****. Quitting soon. Kthxbye.

oh my god! you should quit.
i am also a farmer in CS but i am earning more than you at the age of 28. And i am just average among my peers.

Unregistered 04-12-2019 02:04 PM

Provisional Offer

Might be off-topic. After accepting the provisional offer from a stat board, does it mean that I must accept/sign the offer? Can I still consider offers from other companies?

Unregistered 04-12-2019 02:27 PM

Will DDs on superscale grades lose out to Directors of the same grade during ranking exercise?

Unregistered 05-12-2019 08:51 AM

Hi, my plan is to chiong outside pte sector and earn as much as I can. When I hit 40s then join CS and focus on family don't need to work so hard. Good plan?

Unregistered 05-12-2019 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 126859)
Hi, my plan is to chiong outside pte sector and earn as much as I can. When I hit 40s then join CS and focus on family don't need to work so hard. Good plan?

Good plan, except that "dont need to work so hard" is a complete misconception. Take it from someone who came from the private sector to CS.

What you do get vs the private sector is much better job security.

Unregistered 05-12-2019 09:53 AM

Thanks, and apologises for the "don't need to work so hard" comment. I'm really just after the job security aspects that CS offers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 126861)
Good plan, except that "dont need to work so hard" is a complete misconception. Take it from someone who came from the private sector to CS.

What you do get vs the private sector is much better job security.

Unregistered 05-12-2019 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 126825)
Will DDs on superscale grades lose out to Directors of the same grade during ranking exercise?

Very likely. But if you're a DD on superscale means you will likely take on Director role sooner or later.