Compare civil service salary - Page 866 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Compare civil service salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #8651 (permalink)  
Old 06-10-2019, 03:31 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm a 30 year old male with NS working at a SB drawing about $4600. The ceiling of my pay scale is approx $5600, which means I am on a mx12 equivalent pay scale? Am I doing in line with the average?
Should be average. Depends on your class of honours.

Reply With Quote
  #8652 (permalink)  
Old 07-10-2019, 09:23 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 3
simpl3pl4n is on a distinguished road
Default

hi, first time applying to govt, clueless here. need you guys' help to understand what should be my expected salary in the civil svc.

i'm female, first class hons, overseas grad (not world top uni but good recognised uni), no ns. graduated in 2017 but spent 2017-2019 completing my bar exams and pupillage (full-time). i did a law degree but do not wish to practice now.

i went for IRAS panel interview last wk for a tax officer position (job posting states "open to any degree but law degree preferred"). 3 hours after interview, HR called me and said interview successful and that panel would like to offer. HR also asked me what's my expected salary but did not tell me how much i would be offered.

can someone tell me what should my expected salary be like for IRAS? am i regarded as a fresh grad or will my pupillage be regarded as working experience?

thank you so much in advance for your help!

Reply With Quote
  #8653 (permalink)  
Old 07-10-2019, 09:42 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpl3pl4n View Post
hi, first time applying to govt, clueless here. need you guys' help to understand what should be my expected salary in the civil svc.

i'm female, first class hons, overseas grad (not world top uni but good recognised uni), no ns. graduated in 2017 but spent 2017-2019 completing my bar exams and pupillage (full-time). i did a law degree but do not wish to practice now.

i went for IRAS panel interview last wk for a tax officer position (job posting states "open to any degree but law degree preferred"). 3 hours after interview, HR called me and said interview successful and that panel would like to offer. HR also asked me what's my expected salary but did not tell me how much i would be offered.

can someone tell me what should my expected salary be like for IRAS? am i regarded as a fresh grad or will my pupillage be regarded as working experience?

thank you so much in advance for your help!
Female LSOs at your level should be earning around SGD4500 or so. If the position is on the LSO scheme then you can state that amount. If its not then probably SGD3800-4100 might be a safe bet. I doubt it matters what you say any way as they'll offer you whatever is their internal standard, as you're very junior.



SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iPhone


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #8654 (permalink)  
Old 07-10-2019, 11:08 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpl3pl4n View Post
hi, first time applying to govt, clueless here. need you guys' help to understand what should be my expected salary in the civil svc.

i'm female, first class hons, overseas grad (not world top uni but good recognised uni), no ns. graduated in 2017 but spent 2017-2019 completing my bar exams and pupillage (full-time). i did a law degree but do not wish to practice now.

i went for IRAS panel interview last wk for a tax officer position (job posting states "open to any degree but law degree preferred"). 3 hours after interview, HR called me and said interview successful and that panel would like to offer. HR also asked me what's my expected salary but did not tell me how much i would be offered.

can someone tell me what should my expected salary be like for IRAS? am i regarded as a fresh grad or will my pupillage be regarded as working experience?

thank you so much in advance for your help!
Hi I was in a very similar position to yours, save that I am male, I did not get a FCH, I joined another Stat board.

I got the sense that they did not regard my 2 years of pupillage as working experience, though they did not state it explicitly. I was offered $3.7k as a starting salary. With my NS included I feel I should have pushed for $4k starting but I did not do so out of ignorance at the time.

Given that you have a FCH, but have not done NS. I would ask for $4k or a little bit more if I were you. Good luck!
Reply With Quote
  #8655 (permalink)  
Old 07-10-2019, 12:30 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Agree with the 2 posters above. Private practice can earn in upwards of $4600 so you should push for $4000 and above. If they have any reservations then ask if they can share the range and increment quantum within the scheme. Show them that you know stuff could make them share more with you.
Reply With Quote
  #8656 (permalink)  
Old 07-10-2019, 02:29 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi I was in a very similar position to yours, save that I am male, I did not get a FCH, I joined another Stat board.

I got the sense that they did not regard my 2 years of pupillage as working experience, though they did not state it explicitly. I was offered $3.7k as a starting salary. With my NS included I feel I should have pushed for $4k starting but I did not do so out of ignorance at the time.

Given that you have a FCH, but have not done NS. I would ask for $4k or a little bit more if I were you. Good luck!
you'll be better off salary-wise applying for legal roles in stat boards while in practice
doing so when you're NQ/1 PQE works
Reply With Quote

  #8657 (permalink)  
Old 07-10-2019, 02:55 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 3
simpl3pl4n is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi I was in a very similar position to yours, save that I am male, I did not get a FCH, I joined another Stat board.

I got the sense that they did not regard my 2 years of pupillage as working experience, though they did not state it explicitly. I was offered $3.7k as a starting salary. With my NS included I feel I should have pushed for $4k starting but I did not do so out of ignorance at the time.

Given that you have a FCH, but have not done NS. I would ask for $4k or a little bit more if I were you. Good luck!
Thanks for your reply! very helpful
May I ask $3.7k is inclusive of NS? And which year was this?

Last edited by simpl3pl4n; 07-10-2019 at 03:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #8658 (permalink)  
Old 07-10-2019, 02:59 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 3
simpl3pl4n is on a distinguished road
Default

Thanks all for your replies! really helpful else I was rather lost haha.
I just spoke to the HR officer, she said they’re looking at 3.5-3.6k range and she explained that for IRAS it’s a 15 months package, so she said based on that it’s a higher monthly quantum. Hmmm....
She said they’re submitting for approval and will email me formal offer by end of this week or early next week.
Reply With Quote
  #8659 (permalink)  
Old 07-10-2019, 03:05 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpl3pl4n View Post
Thanks for your reply! very helpful
May I ask $3.7k is inclusive of NS? And which year was this?
This was in 2017, inclusive of NS.
Reply With Quote
  #8660 (permalink)  
Old 07-10-2019, 03:35 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpl3pl4n View Post
Thanks all for your replies! really helpful else I was rather lost haha.
I just spoke to the HR officer, she said they’re looking at 3.5-3.6k range and she explained that for IRAS it’s a 15 months package, so she said based on that it’s a higher monthly quantum. Hmmm....
She said they’re submitting for approval and will email me formal offer by end of this week or early next week.
that's rather vague

i assume '15 months package' includes all variable bonuses?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
civil servants, civil service, government, law, lawyer, mx scale, public sector, scholar, scholarship, superscale

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Civil Service Pay - Director level curious Income and Jobs 140 06-07-2017 02:14 PM
Civil Service Bonus 2007 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 18-03-2010 12:42 PM
High Earners In Civil Service Salary.sg Income and Jobs 29 28-04-2009 10:29 AM
HK civil service salary hike Salary.sg Income and Jobs 5 21-11-2008 11:57 PM
Civil Service Bonus mid-2008 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 6 15-07-2008 01:40 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,990 Replies, 921,114 Views
Mid-Year Civil Servant Bonus 2019 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,476 Replies, 748,824 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
330 Replies, 240,937 Views
Q: Management Associate at SGX ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
87 Replies, 12,202 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
929 Replies, 741,023 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
123 Replies, 64,664 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,684 Replies, 1,254,893 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,724 Replies, 2,391,898 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,742 Replies, 5,458,566 Views
Marsh Graduate Development Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
57 Replies, 4,994 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,837 Replies, 1,059,945 Views
Officer Role in Bank of Tokyo -... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
178 Replies, 143,123 Views
Dsta ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
816 Replies, 535,086 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,221 Replies, 1,862,035 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,571 Replies, 1,554,624 Views
Local Uni Class of 2020 - COVID19... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
251 Replies, 47,822 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
71 Replies, 110,504 Views
Diploma in Digital Marketing at...
3 Replies, 1,087 Views
anyone working at NCS ? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
355 Replies, 275,332 Views
Whats your net worth ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,711 Replies, 780,947 Views
DBS Management Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,308 Replies, 236,281 Views
Pay grade at CSA ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
104 Replies, 23,935 Views
Cold calls/emails to HR ( 1 2)
13 Replies, 1,304 Views
Insurance Agent to Bancassurance...
7 Replies, 5,162 Views
ITE lecturer ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
121 Replies, 114,118 Views
Insurance Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
60 Replies, 16,419 Views
Mask price discount in cb period
0 Replies, 117 Views
All about Home Affairs Senior... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
168 Replies, 169,442 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,156 Replies, 881,078 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 01:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2