Compare civil service salary - Page 859 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Compare civil service salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #8581 (permalink)  
Old 10-09-2019, 10:31 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

anyone here working at Enterprise Singapore? How's the culture like in ESG Innovation & Enterprise Global Innovation Network division?

Reply With Quote
  #8582 (permalink)  
Old 10-09-2019, 12:09 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If you have a good past record, you should go for a transfer of service because your past records and CEP gets transferred over. You also get to keep you years in service (get long service award faster, get additional 3 days of leave when you hit 10 years in service). More importantly, at the yearly ranking, HR and your bosses at the new place needs to take into account your previous work experiences and track record when they do your ranking and decide whether to promote you a not.

The only reason you should resign instead of a transfer of service is when you have a very bad record in your previous place (i.e. C-s and Ds or worse kena discipline case; Cs are not cosnidered bad grades in civil service, just normal) OR the new place offers you a huge jump in your salary from your previous place (at least 20% increase).

Note that to do a transfer of service, you need to be in the same generic civil service scheme. (e.g. MX to MX). Specialist schemes like DXO, FSO, IO, GEO, you will need to resign even when you are moving to another part of the civil service. Public services like stat boards are not on the same civil service schemes.

Source: direct experience of doing a transfer of service
Does it mean that Stat board cannot transfer to ministry and vice versa?

Reply With Quote
  #8583 (permalink)  
Old 10-09-2019, 03:59 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
This is accurate. The previous poster only saw or heard the glam. Where there really isn't any. At least not until yous reach a rather high rank. Even scholars do such menial task as booking hotels and planning itinerary. And setting up tables for meals.

And the starting pay shared above is accurate for non-scholars.
Serving FSO here. Actually you are very much empowered even from the lowest ranks. Some even come in with several direct reports under them (the fsas).

There’s lot of glam (albeit not all the time). More often than not, extremely gruelling, but I guess you have to find meaning out of it.

Reply With Quote
  #8584 (permalink)  
Old 10-09-2019, 11:46 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
This is accurate. The previous poster only saw or heard the glam. Where there really isn't any. At least not until yous reach a rather high rank. Even scholars do such menial task as booking hotels and planning itinerary. And setting up tables for meals.

And the starting pay shared above is accurate for non-scholars.
I feel this is simplifying FSOs responsibilities too much. I worked for a rather high profile agency which MFA has to work with when there are official visits. A lot of planning and decisions depended on the officer's sense of the political climate, countries' relationship, etc. to design a cohérent visit programme to engineer deeper G2G relations or develop collaborations. This also means working closely with other ministries/agencies with their inputs and recommend a suitable visit programme.

Table setting and meal planning concern protocol where one has to be trained and understand the proper order of proceedings. Agree with the above poster, it is whether you find meaning in doing what you do as an FSO. I personally learned a lot from the FSOs I worked with previously and have respect for them. The granularity of details FSOs can spot or drill down into are not what any other Gov setup can offer.

Try it, if it's not your cup of tea, leave. And you definitely leave with value add in your CV.
Reply With Quote
  #8585 (permalink)  
Old 11-09-2019, 10:50 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I feel this is simplifying FSOs responsibilities too much. I worked for a rather high profile agency which MFA has to work with when there are official visits. A lot of planning and decisions depended on the officer's sense of the political climate, countries' relationship, etc. to design a cohérent visit programme to engineer deeper G2G relations or develop collaborations. This also means working closely with other ministries/agencies with their inputs and recommend a suitable visit programme.

Table setting and meal planning concern protocol where one has to be trained and understand the proper order of proceedings. Agree with the above poster, it is whether you find meaning in doing what you do as an FSO. I personally learned a lot from the FSOs I worked with previously and have respect for them. The granularity of details FSOs can spot or drill down into are not what any other Gov setup can offer.

Try it, if it's not your cup of tea, leave. And you definitely leave with value add in your CV.
They are the cream of the crop civil service wide so even when they leave, they are amongst the most highly desired people across industries like consulting, even banking (for their connections).
Reply With Quote
  #8586 (permalink)  
Old 11-09-2019, 10:53 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

anyone can advise what is the salary range for an AD in MTI? How's the culture like in MTI?
Reply With Quote

  #8587 (permalink)  
Old 11-09-2019, 02:13 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
anyone can advise what is the salary range for an AD in MTI? How's the culture like in MTI?
MTI entry level designation is AD. MX12
Reply With Quote
  #8588 (permalink)  
Old 11-09-2019, 02:16 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

120k pa as a 30yo male in the public sector

is that considered above average?
Reply With Quote
  #8589 (permalink)  
Old 11-09-2019, 03:52 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
120k pa as a 30yo male in the public sector

is that considered above average?
Of course. Do you even need to ask?


SG BusLeh mobile app
SG BusLeh - the best bus app - available on iPhone and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #8590 (permalink)  
Old 11-09-2019, 03:54 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Of course. Do you even need to ask?
He needs you to "confirm" it so uplift his ego :P
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
civil servants, civil service, government, law, lawyer, mx scale, public sector, scholar, scholarship, superscale

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Civil Service Pay - Director level curious Income and Jobs 140 06-07-2017 03:14 PM
Civil Service Bonus 2007 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 18-03-2010 01:42 PM
High Earners In Civil Service Salary.sg Income and Jobs 29 28-04-2009 11:29 AM
HK civil service salary hike Salary.sg Income and Jobs 5 21-11-2008 11:57 PM
Civil Service Bonus mid-2008 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 6 15-07-2008 02:40 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,589 Replies, 964,115 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
361 Replies, 163,269 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,242 Replies, 1,000,602 Views
career at astar pays so low? ( 1 2 3)
21 Replies, 34,692 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,990 Replies, 1,350,823 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,842 Replies, 2,056,582 Views
Constituency Manager (People... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
807 Replies, 409,831 Views
NCS Salary range and Promotion...
1 Replies, 331 Views
anyone working at NCS ? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
332 Replies, 252,886 Views
Need career advice
3 Replies, 546 Views
HSBC Career ( 1 2 3)
20 Replies, 35,546 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,906 Replies, 5,108,517 Views
MINDEF enlistment inspector
2 Replies, 274 Views
ITE lecturer ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
88 Replies, 100,189 Views
International Relations Careers
0 Replies, 112 Views
Job offer from Apple ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
285 Replies, 46,502 Views
SPF (Direct-Entry Inspector)
5 Replies, 453 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,682 Replies, 476,562 Views
Heineken APAC Graduate Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
271 Replies, 110,350 Views
I am getting promoted in Jan 2020... ( 1 2)
17 Replies, 3,126 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
285 Replies, 222,558 Views
Anyone from Bank of America... ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 2,342 Views
Salary increment on contract...
1 Replies, 308 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,755 Replies, 815,248 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,848 Replies, 1,718,922 Views
MAS : Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
103 Replies, 86,444 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,005 Replies, 799,861 Views
Senior Lab officer @ IMRE
8 Replies, 4,091 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
35 Replies, 40,742 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,063 Replies, 469,743 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 12:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2