Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 08-04-2011 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackswan (Post 11031)
well i was just using military as an analogy.
Using your example as analogy, AO is like commando non-AO infantry.
Commando do different work as infantry so they paid differently is ok.
But supposed a commando colonel wants to be commander of OCS and another infantry colonel also wants to be commander of OCS. Would they be paid differently as commander OCS although do same work just bcos of vocation diff?

Superscale can be AO or non-AO.
My point is a ministry director of a particular division can be either AO or non-AO, so their work is similar. Unless some key divisions are reserved for AO directors only as the work is more impt /harder. Even then shd a more impt division director be paid 100k more than a less impt division director ?

i know AOs have additional duties like community attachments etc, again does it justify the huge difference in salary compared to a similar grade non-AO?

I use SAF as an example

1 SAF overseas cum president scholar(should be under AO scheme) at age 32 rank LTC earn (SR9) $398000/year or $18240/mth with 9.3mths bonus(incl aws)

another SAF merit scholar(under normal SAVER scheme) at age 32 rank LTC earn maybe 11000/mth??

prov 09-04-2011 12:23 AM

hi,

is pay increment dependent on the scheme you are on? so degree holders will have a higher salary ceiling than poly holders? and what if you are a div I on a poly scheme? follow div 2 pay ceiling?

btw i'm confused by the term "mso" pple use here. mso = poly scheme but it's also the medical benefit scheme also? LOL

blackswan 09-04-2011 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 11094)
I use SAF as an example

1 SAF overseas cum president scholar(should be under AO scheme) at age 32 rank LTC earn (SR9) $398000/year or $18240/mth with 9.3mths bonus(incl aws)

another SAF merit scholar(under normal SAVER scheme) at age 32 rank LTC earn maybe 11000/mth??

yea that is what i meant along those lines... in fact it is possible tt the SAFOS LTC might 28 or 29 since they rise faster than SMS scholars.

of cos some SAFOS might think it's fair bcos they r high potential etc... but personally i dont think so esp if they are already promoted faster than the rest.

Unregistered 09-04-2011 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackswan (Post 11092)
Also your failure to understand the basic rule of no personal attacks in public forum really shows your IQ is that of 3 year old.

Aren't you making personal attacks yourself?

Duh.

Unregistered 09-04-2011 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackswan (Post 11091)
what a joke. u dont know me and u say i am low status? LOL
from your manners u r of even lower status.

anyway i nv say they need to be paid the same. The key point is they are paid vastly different. This will not be tolerated in private sector without justifications. You don't pay a person so much more than another when both got hold similar positions just because you think he/she got "long term value/innate talent" . Pay for performance not potential. Potential is a separate issue whereby u can fast track high potential officers or give them A BIT more.
Variables like qualifications and experience are fair justifications of pay differentials too but do not cause huge differentials.

I am just expressing my viewpoints if you cant accept it and start making personal attacks, then you must be some low self-esteem loser. :rolleyes:
A worshipper of AOs dreaming to be one? LOL
Wish u good luck but doubt u can make it with that low EQ of yours. :D

Does the above not include personal attacks too?

Double-duh.

Unregistered 09-04-2011 02:01 AM

My peformance rating? Need enlightment. Thks =)

hi, i was converted to a perm in a stat board and was given an increment of 15%. received my 1st anniversary performance bonus - 2 months (including 1 month growth bonus). may I know is anyone able to enlighten me on my performance rating based on my increment and performance bonus? I was formerly fr pte sector where we were appraised and shown our rating, however, in govt sector after they did our appraisal interview, they do no reveal one's performance rating (e.g A, B, C) at all.

would be glad if someone could point me on what kind of worker am I in my boss's eyes. I wana to know whether i'm being appreciated or underappreciated for my efforts. u may say, why don't I check with my boss directly on my performance rating submitted, and to be frank, i don't have the courage to.

Thanks.

blackswan 09-04-2011 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 11100)
Does the above not include personal attacks too?

Double-duh.

Heard of the idiom : A Taste Of Your Own Medicine ? :rolleyes:

Unregistered 09-04-2011 02:21 AM

Quote:

what a joke. u dont know me and u say i am low status? LOL
from your manners u r of even lower status.

anyway i nv say they need to be paid the same. The key point is they are paid vastly different. This will not be tolerated in private sector without justifications. You don't pay a person so much more than another when both got hold similar positions just because you think he/she got "long term value/innate talent" . Pay for performance not potential. Potential is a separate issue whereby u can fast track high potential officers or give them A BIT more.
Variables like qualifications and experience are fair justifications of pay differentials too but do not cause huge differentials.

I am just expressing my viewpoints if you cant accept it and start making personal attacks, then you must be some low self-esteem loser. :rolleyes:
A worshipper of AOs dreaming to be one? LOL

you can indeed smell a retard from a mile away. this is a basic human resource development principle, something which a farmer like you cannot grasp because you have no helicopter quality and is unable to see past your immediate status. it's hilarious you think it doesn't happen in the private sector when it in fact happens MORE often. before this i was prepared to give you the benefit of the doubt and say maybe you didn't understand because you don't work in the public sector, but it's obvious to all now that either you're a rank-and-file wannabe-highflyer, stuck in some dead end job, ignored by superiors and HR and so left out of the loop about these management strategies.

and to top it off, you think you're smarter than some of the smartest people in Singapore combined - we're talking about people with genius-level IQs, who have run a country like clockwork, for whom leading and thinking strategically is like second nature - while you've resorted to asking for job advice in an online forum called salary.sg, and complaining about how people above you are reaping the rewards of their brilliance xD please know your place.

Unregistered 09-04-2011 02:24 AM

Quote:

If I had low EQ, how did I just put you on the defensive and make you look like a whiner in front of everybody? So sorry I made you cry. You're amazingly oblivious to the situation.

blackswan 09-04-2011 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 11104)
If I had low EQ, how did I just put you on the defensive and make you look like a whiner in front of everybody? So sorry I made you cry. You're amazingly oblivious to the situation.

again u are making some baseless speculations. talking rubbish from a retard
sorry to tell u i dint cry no nor whine ...
:D