Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 02-07-2019 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121153)
Are employees in stat board given mid year bonus, end year bonus, special variable bonus just like those in ministries in top of those corporate bonus, aws and performance bonus?

Different place different practices, thats why you should always negotiate based on total package (incl what is fixed and what is variable) so as to get a better picture than just looking at monthly salary..

Unregistered 02-07-2019 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121136)
How many years of work experience do you have when you leave IMDA?

You mean when I joined IMDA? 6+ years.

Unregistered 03-07-2019 10:36 PM

Anyone know if new staff under LTA only offered contract rather than perm?

Unregistered 04-07-2019 12:30 AM

Contract offer from ministry

Hi guys, I am likely to be offered a 2 year contract from a ministry. They said it will be pegged to the same MX scheme. Do you know if the performance bonus and other bonuses for such a role will be same as perm staff? They also said that along the way, if perm vacancies open up I can be considered, or if at the end of 2 years the project brings value, then contract may get renewed. But no definite guarantees. Is this becoming a norm in public service? Pretty interesting job description though.

Unregistered 04-07-2019 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121218)
Hi guys, I am likely to be offered a 2 year contract from a ministry. They said it will be pegged to the same MX scheme. Do you know if the performance bonus and other bonuses for such a role will be same as perm staff? They also said that along the way, if perm vacancies open up I can be considered, or if at the end of 2 years the project brings value, then contract may get renewed. But no definite guarantees. Is this becoming a norm in public service? Pretty interesting job description though.

your headcount is probably tie to project, it really depends on vacancies and your performance (need luck as well) to be transfer to a perm role..

how old are you?

if the offer is good and it is what you want to do and learn.. i suggest you go ahead.. afterall, worse case is to find another job 2 yrs later.

Unregistered 04-07-2019 12:38 PM

As I have been given a offer of 40% base salary increament from switching to this new company in the civil service. Anyone know if I can still negotiate further? What is the max that civil service can give per jump? Appreciate if anyone can help enlighten

Unregistered 04-07-2019 06:15 PM

Hi guys, the HR from a stat board called me after interview with director and shared that they are doing reference checks with the relevant parties now. E.g. Past employers and referees.

What are my chances of being offered?

Unregistered 04-07-2019 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121244)
Hi guys, the HR from a stat board called me after interview with director and shared that they are doing reference checks with the relevant parties now. E.g. Past employers and referees.

What are my chances of being offered?

actually you can just ask the HR, usually will tell you.

Unregistered 04-07-2019 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121218)

How much did they offer you? How many years of experience you have?

Unregistered 04-07-2019 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121246)
actually you can just ask the HR, usually will tell you.

HR says interviewers keened to proceed with my application and asked for contacts of my past employers and referees. HR also advise to consider other job applications while waiting.

Based on this, what's your sensing?