Compare civil service salary - Page 801 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Compare civil service salary

 Citibank Cash Back Card - up to $350 cash back* - Click to Apply Now 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #8001 (permalink)  
Old 14-05-2019, 06:42 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sounds like a 'consultant' title...
hmm.. could be deputy director? CS always give very nice title.

Reply With Quote
  #8002 (permalink)  
Old 14-05-2019, 07:27 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
possible for private uni (sim, kaplan) to get into professional services?
Donít wish to disappoint. It is not totally impossible but highly unlikely.

The civil service can be picky because they are not short of applicants. And even if you do, your salary will not be within the Ďstandardí range you read here (high 4s). If you go through the past pages, typically, SIM grads get 800-1000 lesser than a FCH student.

Reply With Quote
  #8003 (permalink)  
Old 14-05-2019, 08:14 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
possible for private uni (sim, kaplan) to get into professional services?
You're kidding aren't you? That's like asking if a SIM law grad can be called to the bar. SIM grads are rarely ever hired to fill normal MXO roles and then, even in those rare circumstances, are paid at rates like 2.8k.

Reply With Quote
  #8004 (permalink)  
Old 14-05-2019, 08:16 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Donít wish to disappoint. It is not totally impossible but highly unlikely.

The civil service can be picky because they are not short of applicants. And even if you do, your salary will not be within the Ďstandardí range you read here (high 4s). If you go through the past pages, typically, SIM grads get 800-1000 lesser than a FCH student.
I thought th CS doesnt recognise SIM degrees? I've heard of SIM grads trying to join the CS under a degree holder's scheme but was advised to go for the Diploma positions instead.
Reply With Quote
  #8005 (permalink)  
Old 14-05-2019, 08:17 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Donít wish to disappoint. It is not totally impossible but highly unlikely.

The civil service can be picky because they are not short of applicants. And even if you do, your salary will not be within the Ďstandardí range you read here (high 4s). If you go through the past pages, typically, SIM grads get 800-1000 lesser than a FCH student.
Kind of impossible. Even for NUS/NTU third classes honours holders or even 2nd lowers. Have never heard of those entering the professional services. They would be filtered out before even the first stages to begin with.


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iPhone


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #8006 (permalink)  
Old 14-05-2019, 08:46 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I thought th CS doesnt recognise SIM degrees? I've heard of SIM grads trying to join the CS under a degree holder's scheme but was advised to go for the Diploma positions instead.
I mean i donít know. What if i said no, and someone comes in to say a yes..? So i already hint highly unlikely.

Again, or maybe the question poster has some experience? So letís not burst the balloon.

That why i told them to refer to previous pages. If they read the thread enough they would know it is hard to get in mainstream civil service role (not impossible).
Reply With Quote

  #8007 (permalink)  
Old 14-05-2019, 08:48 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Kind of impossible. Even for NUS/NTU third classes honours holders or even 2nd lowers. Have never heard of those entering the professional services. They would be filtered out before even the first stages to begin with.
Give some hopes. Donít make it like the world is ending if they want join professional service.

That why i also highlighted Pro service can be very picky.
Reply With Quote
  #8008 (permalink)  
Old 14-05-2019, 09:05 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Give some hopes. Donít make it like the world is ending if they want join professional service.

That why i also highlighted Pro service can be very picky.
I mean to give hope is akin to saying a poly diploma who somehow did biz law can be a lawyer. It's just not going to happen. Better to give a realistic assessment than false hopes.
Reply With Quote
  #8009 (permalink)  
Old 14-05-2019, 09:08 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I mean i donít know. What if i said no, and someone comes in to say a yes..? So i already hint highly unlikely.

Again, or maybe the question poster has some experience? So letís not burst the balloon.

That why i told them to refer to previous pages. If they read the thread enough they would know it is hard to get in mainstream civil service role (not impossible).
Normal MXO is rarely possible (as shown earlier in this thread) albeit at a far lower payscale about $800-1000 less in the same role as an NUS/NTU graduate.
Reply With Quote
  #8010 (permalink)  
Old 14-05-2019, 09:10 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Give some hopes. Donít make it like the world is ending if they want join professional service.

That why i also highlighted Pro service can be very picky.
You do know the people they would be competing against are basically Oxbridge / Ivy grads, our top local graduates (FCH in NUS/NTU and who are likely local scholars) as well as graduants of other top tier foreign universities.

If even conventional NUS/NTU graduates (even 2nd Uppers would be very unlikely to enter) have little chance, I shudder to think what would happen to an SIM applicant.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
civil servants, civil service, government, law, lawyer, mx scale, public sector, scholar, scholarship, superscale

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Civil Service Pay - Director level curious Income and Jobs 140 06-07-2017 02:14 PM
Civil Service Bonus 2007 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 18-03-2010 12:42 PM
High Earners In Civil Service Salary.sg Income and Jobs 29 28-04-2009 10:29 AM
HK civil service salary hike Salary.sg Income and Jobs 5 21-11-2008 11:57 PM
Civil Service Bonus mid-2008 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 6 15-07-2008 01:40 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
How much do you earn and save? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
119 Replies, 18,988 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,372 Replies, 5,691,360 Views
Corporate Banking Analyst
9 Replies, 963 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,088 Replies, 1,299,675 Views
Cybersecurity/Info security career ( 1 2)
10 Replies, 879 Views
Aircraft Maintenance License and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
622 Replies, 462,749 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,355 Replies, 2,771,716 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
106 Replies, 19,630 Views
NEC job
0 Replies, 80 Views
UBS Financial Services Industry...
4 Replies, 502 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
733 Replies, 223,305 Views
Third Party Contract From... ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 1,253 Views
Retiring in Taiwan
9 Replies, 616 Views
How much does a nurse earn ? ( 1 2)
11 Replies, 20,080 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,354 Replies, 1,941,882 Views
Pay for digital marketing agencies ( 1 2)
11 Replies, 2,653 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,738 Replies, 1,654,429 Views
Top paying companies in SG for... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
80 Replies, 98,522 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,310 Replies, 1,014,314 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
209 Replies, 90,233 Views
All about Management Executive... ( 1 2 3)
28 Replies, 21,291 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,324 Replies, 927,951 Views
Is restructuring the same as...
1 Replies, 258 Views
I need honest advice. Jump to... ( 1 2 3)
27 Replies, 3,159 Views
ITE lecturer ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
124 Replies, 122,131 Views
DBS Management Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,833 Replies, 285,671 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,957 Replies, 3,764,285 Views
Working in SMRT ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 18,487 Views
Income from casino
6 Replies, 932 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 12:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2