Compare civil service salary - Page 781 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Compare civil service salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #7801 (permalink)  
Old 27-04-2019, 08:27 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
anyone in LTA?

hows that place?
My buddy. Works 996. Review on glassdoor is realistic. Go read.

Reply With Quote
  #7802 (permalink)  
Old 27-04-2019, 02:03 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
why not tell us what you are looking for, like quote some SB that you are interested to work in which are in your opinion top-tier and provide opportunities in your field. wait hold on, it seems like you have no idea as well and you are just floating onto SB that top-tier and high paying (see your last sentence of first paragraph).

anyway, there's no truly reliable source here, because anyone can lie how much they are being offered and hence this is just for reference.

as much as we'd want to help you give some inputs, it would be good if you could identify yourself (gender, uni, degree class, status (fresh or mid career) and etc).
if i knew exactly which SB is good i wouldnt need to ask here, from what i understand, most govt coys are pretty thrashy to work for in terms of progression and what output they actually have, did an intern in a GLC before and heard from friends that did so in others before. Im just looking at 3-5 years in after fresh grad, because right now im going private first as a fresh grad.

so right now im just keeping a lookout on good "SBs" to prepare myself for the relevant skills needed if i want to jump thats all.

Reply With Quote
  #7803 (permalink)  
Old 27-04-2019, 03:29 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default for your consideration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
if i knew exactly which SB is good i wouldnt need to ask here, from what i understand, most govt coys are pretty thrashy to work for in terms of progression and what output they actually have, did an intern in a GLC before and heard from friends that did so in others before. Im just looking at 3-5 years in after fresh grad, because right now im going private first as a fresh grad.

so right now im just keeping a lookout on good "SBs" to prepare myself for the relevant skills needed if i want to jump thats all.
I admire that a youngster has the wisdom to plan a career path early on. However, if you are planning for the unpredictable future, may I suggest this question is too early?

upskill yourself accordingly. if you are in accounts, then take those ACCA, CAT, FIA, CFA & CIMA imp certs. If you are in engineering, there are project management certs..... hope you get my drift.

this is my sensing of how you analyse (maybe wrong)
1. target a good SB 2. target a department 3. find out what qualifications they value 4. now faster go take within 2-3 years

rather, I suggest you proceed this way.
1. be great in a field 2. get the important certs within 2-3 years 3. apply to a suitable SB

Many of my young friends aim to be a teacher.
In Singapore, the most sensible employer is MOE. However, MOE prefers people who studied a field - BSc Physics, Bsc Math, Ba English, .... bla bla bla. They love mid-career who are happy to take a pay cut. They don't expect people to study BA Education (Math) However, it does exist. Doing it this way (BA Ed Math) erodes the breadth of your options though.

let's say u don't believe in 996, then please steer clear of banks and tech companies. If you want quality time with family steer clear of retail, hospitality and medical.

if you want an idea of the culture of a SB, try glassssdoor. Glassssdoor at least organises the big data a lot better (to me) Glassssdoor you may have 100 reviews, here just 1 or 2...

Reply With Quote
  #7804 (permalink)  
Old 27-04-2019, 03:47 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I admire that a youngster has the wisdom to plan a career path early on. However, if you are planning for the unpredictable future, may I suggest this question is too early?

upskill yourself accordingly. if you are in accounts, then take those ACCA, CAT, FIA, CFA & CIMA imp certs. If you are in engineering, there are project management certs..... hope you get my drift.

this is my sensing of how you analyse (maybe wrong)
1. target a good SB 2. target a department 3. find out what qualifications they value 4. now faster go take within 2-3 years

rather, I suggest you proceed this way.
1. be great in a field 2. get the important certs within 2-3 years 3. apply to a suitable SB

Many of my young friends aim to be a teacher.
In Singapore, the most sensible employer is MOE. However, MOE prefers people who studied a field - BSc Physics, Bsc Math, Ba English, .... bla bla bla. They love mid-career who are happy to take a pay cut. They don't expect people to study BA Education (Math) However, it does exist. Doing it this way (BA Ed Math) erodes the breadth of your options though.

let's say u don't believe in 996, then please steer clear of banks and tech companies. If you want quality time with family steer clear of retail, hospitality and medical.

if you want an idea of the culture of a SB, try glassssdoor. Glassssdoor at least organises the big data a lot better (to me) Glassssdoor you may have 100 reviews, here just 1 or 2...
True that the future is unpredictable, and thanks for your input, however if im just gonna excel in one field without proper knowledge on whether it can be applicable to a "good" SB or any govt coy that has good progression and pay, then what if i specialise and happen to be applicable to only one of those SB that most people can agree on is not for those who are planning to chiong their career go in there to do pantry talk that kind. Then abit no point.
This is basically a backup in case i do not like it in the private sector. Im doing STEM but not looking at EMA or HDB or ST Engineering and such coz i heard really do nothing when work there.


SG BusLeh mobile app
SG BusLeh - the best bus app - available on iPhone and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #7805 (permalink)  
Old 28-04-2019, 02:13 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
anyone in LTA?

hows that place?

Nth exciting about it. A lot of oldies who clock in/out for the paycheck.
Reply With Quote
  #7806 (permalink)  
Old 28-04-2019, 02:16 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
if i knew exactly which SB is good i wouldnt need to ask here, from what i understand, most govt coys are pretty thrashy to work for in terms of progression and what output they actually have, did an intern in a GLC before and heard from friends that did so in others before. Im just looking at 3-5 years in after fresh grad, because right now im going private first as a fresh grad.

so right now im just keeping a lookout on good "SBs" to prepare myself for the relevant skills needed if i want to jump thats all.
Erm. You confident that you’re not thrashy yourself?
Reply With Quote

  #7807 (permalink)  
Old 28-04-2019, 11:43 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Wink Lta

Hi,
Current undergraduate here. Seems like there are a lot of people here who knows about/ interested in LTA so I would appreciate if anyone can shed light on the starting pay of a FCH Mechanical Engineering Male (With NS, non scholar) in LTA’s engineering department?

And what’s the annual package and career progression like? Can I expect 16mth annual package and hit about 150k pa in 10 years?

TIA!
Reply With Quote
  #7808 (permalink)  
Old 29-04-2019, 10:11 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,
Current undergraduate here. Seems like there are a lot of people here who knows about/ interested in LTA so I would appreciate if anyone can shed light on the starting pay of a FCH Mechanical Engineering Male (With NS, non scholar) in LTA’s engineering department?

And what’s the annual package and career progression like? Can I expect 16mth annual package and hit about 150k pa in 10 years?

TIA!
hi.. FCH w NS can fetch you about 4k plus, depending on the role you interview and your "performance" in the interview. annual package in a engineering role will be about 16mths+ for avg performer.

possible to reach 150k per annum if you can reach SM/DD position by then.. that will translate to very good performance for every year.. and if you does reach means your CEP is at least a director, maybe a group director.
Reply With Quote
  #7809 (permalink)  
Old 29-04-2019, 05:14 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi.. FCH w NS can fetch you about 4k plus, depending on the role you interview and your "performance" in the interview. annual package in a engineering role will be about 16mths+ for avg performer.

possible to reach 150k per annum if you can reach SM/DD position by then.. that will translate to very good performance for every year.. and if you does reach means your CEP is at least a director, maybe a group director.
Wow “performance” at interview affects the pay too?
Reply With Quote
  #7810 (permalink)  
Old 29-04-2019, 06:44 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Wow “performance” at interview affects the pay too?
Doubt the authenticity of this interview performance..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
civil servants, civil service, government, law, lawyer, mx scale, public sector, scholar, scholarship, superscale

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Civil Service Pay - Director level curious Income and Jobs 140 06-07-2017 03:14 PM
Civil Service Bonus 2007 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 18-03-2010 01:42 PM
High Earners In Civil Service Salary.sg Income and Jobs 29 28-04-2009 11:29 AM
HK civil service salary hike Salary.sg Income and Jobs 5 21-11-2008 11:57 PM
Civil Service Bonus mid-2008 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 6 15-07-2008 02:40 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,913 Replies, 5,119,652 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,854 Replies, 1,723,547 Views
SPF (Direct-Entry Inspector)
8 Replies, 739 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
371 Replies, 165,506 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,547 Replies, 1,213,207 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
609 Replies, 306,381 Views
GovTech career grade ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
83 Replies, 104,549 Views
aerospace engineer (rolls royce) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
36 Replies, 57,128 Views
is it crazy to give up a 100k P.A... ( 1 2 3)
25 Replies, 20,340 Views
Shell TDP ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
142 Replies, 42,267 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
148 Replies, 50,131 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,008 Replies, 1,358,047 Views
Schneider Electric - EGP (Grad... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
33 Replies, 12,577 Views
Job offer from Apple ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
290 Replies, 48,322 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
114 Replies, 74,919 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,688 Replies, 478,273 Views
Constituency Manager (People... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
810 Replies, 411,373 Views
DBS Management Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,138 Replies, 195,315 Views
Career advice
0 Replies, 119 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
238 Replies, 148,576 Views
anyone working at NCS ? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
333 Replies, 254,193 Views
OCBC Young Bankers Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
95 Replies, 70,189 Views
Govtech bonus ( 1 2 3)
27 Replies, 11,430 Views
Civil/Public Sector -... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
384 Replies, 193,992 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,843 Replies, 2,067,195 Views
Monetary Authority of Singapore...
1 Replies, 342 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,368 Replies, 532,884 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
36 Replies, 41,965 Views
NCS Salary range and Promotion...
2 Replies, 590 Views
Senior Lab officer @ IMRE
9 Replies, 4,192 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 05:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2