Compare civil service salary - Page 775 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Compare civil service salary

 Citibank Cash Back Card - up to $350 cash back* - Click to Apply Now 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #7741 (permalink)  
Old 16-04-2019, 05:51 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
just wondering..

for fellow fresh grads, if you get an offer already, do you still go for other interviews? how do you tell the current offer ministry/SB that you are awaiting for something else? :s11:
Fellow fresh grad here, in a somewhat similar situation.

I assume the "other interviews" is your first-choice? I suggest you call (if you have HR's number) or email them and ask about what the rest of the process is like and approx how long it will take. Some only have 1 round of interviews while others got like 3 rounds which will take damn long. And you should also mention that you have received other offers but you are still interested in joining them. If they really want you, they will speed up the process but if they are in not much hurry, then I guess no point bah.

But honestly, if you have not went down for at least the first interview with your first-choice, it will be too hard to stall the other offers.

Reply With Quote
  #7742 (permalink)  
Old 16-04-2019, 06:38 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Fellow fresh grad here, in a somewhat similar situation.

I assume the "other interviews" is your first-choice? I suggest you call (if you have HR's number) or email them and ask about what the rest of the process is like and approx how long it will take. Some only have 1 round of interviews while others got like 3 rounds which will take damn long. And you should also mention that you have received other offers but you are still interested in joining them. If they really want you, they will speed up the process but if they are in not much hurry, then I guess no point bah.

But honestly, if you have not went down for at least the first interview with your first-choice, it will be too hard to stall the other offers.
There are some that are still ‘processing’ the application. So i guess those are no hopes, sigh. I just dont hope that after accepting one and then the other i want comes to me. This are times when i hope the company offering takes their own sweet time. Haha.

Or be in a state when i reject and then become jobless. Haha

Reply With Quote
  #7743 (permalink)  
Old 16-04-2019, 07:37 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

On the topic of offers, do yall feel bad for rejecting an offer? I feel so guilty that i wasted the interviewer’s time.

Reply With Quote
  #7744 (permalink)  
Old 16-04-2019, 08:01 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
On the topic of offers, do yall feel bad for rejecting an offer? I feel so guilty that i wasted the interviewer’s time.
Can I ask if you have rejected the offer already? Is calling or emailing better?
I think I'm gonna have to reject one offer very soon and I don't really know how to approach it.

Rather than wasting the interviewer's time, I feel more guilty on wasting the HR person's time cos they called me a few times so the rejection feels more personal.... And also I feel guilty that by stalling for so long, another candidate who could have gotten the role will not....
Reply With Quote
  #7745 (permalink)  
Old 16-04-2019, 09:15 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can I ask if you have rejected the offer already? Is calling or emailing better?
I think I'm gonna have to reject one offer very soon and I don't really know how to approach it.

Rather than wasting the interviewer's time, I feel more guilty on wasting the HR person's time cos they called me a few times so the rejection feels more personal.... And also I feel guilty that by stalling for so long, another candidate who could have gotten the role will not....
Hello! I did it through email and wrote it in a nice manner (i guess they are used to it and probably just curse at it and then life goes on)... but still i feel bad now.

were you also waiting to hear from others before you reject one? sometimes i just feel embarrassed asking for extension because if could have spared the agony for the next best candidate.

i wished they reject me instead of me rejecting them!
Reply With Quote
  #7746 (permalink)  
Old 17-04-2019, 01:01 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello! I did it through email and wrote it in a nice manner (i guess they are used to it and probably just curse at it and then life goes on)... but still i feel bad now.

were you also waiting to hear from others before you reject one? sometimes i just feel embarrassed asking for extension because if could have spared the agony for the next best candidate.

i wished they reject me instead of me rejecting them!
Oh, I was deliberating between calling or emailing so I googled and most suggested following the usual communication method throughout the entire process. Unfortunately, the HR always call me so I guess it's beter if I just call. I honestly thought they would reject me (and quite okay with that too lol) but alas...

I asked for a week's time to decide on the provisional offer which I accepted last week and now I have to reject it cos my first choice seems to have a made a firm offer.
Reply With Quote

  #7747 (permalink)  
Old 17-04-2019, 10:33 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Oh, I was deliberating between calling or emailing so I googled and most suggested following the usual communication method throughout the entire process. Unfortunately, the HR always call me so I guess it's beter if I just call. I honestly thought they would reject me (and quite okay with that too lol) but alas...

I asked for a week's time to decide on the provisional offer which I accepted last week and now I have to reject it cos my first choice seems to have a made a firm offer.
congrats to you getting ur first choice.
Reply With Quote
  #7748 (permalink)  
Old 17-04-2019, 03:09 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hi everyone, just to ask when a company extends you an verbal offer and asks if you are interested to proceed with the application so that they can get the management to approve and compute you salary - it doesnt mean that I would get the job right?

So if i get such a thing, can i say yes and change my mind later once the final salary is out etc?
Reply With Quote
  #7749 (permalink)  
Old 17-04-2019, 03:28 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi everyone, just to ask when a company extends you an verbal offer and asks if you are interested to proceed with the application so that they can get the management to approve and compute you salary - it doesnt mean that I would get the job right?

So if i get such a thing, can i say yes and change my mind later once the final salary is out etc?
I am in the same situation as you. I read through this forum and I accepted cos someone said nothing is confirmed till you sign the contract. Verbal offers probably means we are 90% confirmed but there's still a chance that it gets retracted. We don't lose anything by accepting it. So yeah, you can change your mind as long as you didn't sign anything. Just that the HR will probably get irritated later.
Reply With Quote
  #7750 (permalink)  
Old 17-04-2019, 03:41 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am in the same situation as you. I read through this forum and I accepted cos someone said nothing is confirmed till you sign the contract. Verbal offers probably means we are 90% confirmed but there's still a chance that it gets retracted. We don't lose anything by accepting it. So yeah, you can change your mind as long as you didn't sign anything. Just that the HR will probably get irritated later.
oh i'm scared that after saying yes on the phone i'm legally bind to the organisation; just got my first offer and they quoted me an expected package and asked if i was interested. thanks for helping a fellow freshie. so now not sure if i should look for other jobs or wait for other companies to interview me.

anyway i also said yes after reading the forum that 'verbal offers can be retracted or fail', and i thought it seems stupid if i say yes without knowing the actual pay. just wanted to be sure that i won't be sued later on or something haha.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
civil servants, civil service, government, law, lawyer, mx scale, public sector, scholar, scholarship, superscale

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Civil Service Pay - Director level curious Income and Jobs 140 06-07-2017 02:14 PM
Civil Service Bonus 2007 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 18-03-2010 12:42 PM
High Earners In Civil Service Salary.sg Income and Jobs 29 28-04-2009 10:29 AM
HK civil service salary hike Salary.sg Income and Jobs 5 21-11-2008 11:57 PM
Civil Service Bonus mid-2008 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 6 15-07-2008 01:40 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,694 Replies, 2,629,637 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,094 Replies, 501,996 Views
How much do you earn and save? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
111 Replies, 15,556 Views
Third Party Contract From...
4 Replies, 215 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,137 Replies, 5,598,540 Views
Should I switch to a higher paying... ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 734 Views
Starting Pay for CS/Ministries... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
100 Replies, 20,079 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
328 Replies, 99,833 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,930 Replies, 1,088,691 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
172 Replies, 78,518 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,076 Replies, 1,288,231 Views
Mid-Year Civil Servant Bonus 2019 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,638 Replies, 785,275 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,681 Replies, 1,613,007 Views
GovTech career grade ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
115 Replies, 136,820 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,300 Replies, 1,912,726 Views
Can anyone enlighten me on the... ( 1 2)
10 Replies, 17,898 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,300 Replies, 910,886 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,201 Replies, 975,957 Views
Anyone being hired during covid... ( 1 2 3)
28 Replies, 2,597 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
72 Replies, 113,026 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
394 Replies, 252,050 Views
Lendlease Graduate Program 2021...
0 Replies, 138 Views
Credit Risk Salary
0 Replies, 109 Views
DBS Management Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,797 Replies, 274,713 Views
Mortgage Specialist Role.
2 Replies, 1,493 Views
Possible to earn passive income... ( 1 2)
18 Replies, 4,436 Views
Anyone work for Casino (RWS/MBS) ?... ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 8,903 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
690 Replies, 213,101 Views
What's the graduate officer... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
56 Replies, 13,600 Views
Tax ( 1 2)
15 Replies, 3,705 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 01:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2