Compare civil service salary - Page 701 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Compare civil service salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #7001 (permalink)  
Old 23-05-2018, 05:05 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Scholars like you damn chee bye. If you have cash lying around to break bond then obviously you don't need a scholarship. Deprive people of chance then now break bond. If not clear what you want then take up scholarship for what?

People like you will go far because you are chee bye enough. But at the end of the day you will just be a rich chee bye. Got money so what, chee bye is still chee bye.

I'm not some envious person who can't get scholarship. I'm a bond-free scholarship recipient. And unlike you, I'm not a chee bye.
I think you misunderstand.

When I took up the scholarship, my family was having financial difficulties and I didn't really have any other means of ensuring I could go to university. At that point in time, the rational thing for me to do (without putting a burden on my family) was to ensure that I could go to university by taking up the scholarship. However, after NS and a few years in University, things have started looking up and I have also saved enough of my own money (through tutoring, working, around 20-25 hours a week on top of school etc.) to be able to break the bond on my own with a small loan if need be. Right now I am merely contemplating the opportunity cost of staying in SIA, where my earning potential may be limited my false ceilings etc. and came to the forum to get an idea of what I can expect. I am in no hurry or rush to break the bond, but rather am just asking to explore and find out more about potential paths I may take. Sorry if that may have seemed offensive or as though I am depriving someone else of an opportunity.

Also I'd just like to say that at the point in time when I applied for the scholarship, I was very taken by the prospect of working in SIA and being at the forefront of one of the premier airlines in the world, but after having gone in and seen the operations in SIA, the lack of challenging work, hearing about slow progression and the very political office place, I am not too sure if this is the right fit for me anymore.

Ultimately you're still entitled to your own opinion of me, but I just wanted to clarify that sometimes being able to get a scholarship and wanting to break your bond doesn't necessarily mean that I have a choice and planned for this to happen.

That being said, hope someone can shed some light for me about all of this because I really am quite lost as to how to move forward from here. Any thoughts about the progression, potential avenues to leave out of etc. would be of great help!

Thanks guys

Reply With Quote
  #7002 (permalink)  
Old 23-05-2018, 06:20 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Anyone knows the salary band for mx11?

Reply With Quote
  #7003 (permalink)  
Old 01-06-2018, 09:29 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I just joined CS in jan this year. Is it likely I'll get a C as my default grade for appraisal? Or will I be assessed according to my 9 mths of work (since appraisal is done in sep)



SG BusLeh mobile app
SG BusLeh - the best bus app - available on iPhone and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #7004 (permalink)  
Old 01-06-2018, 10:01 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I think you misunderstand.

When I took up the scholarship, my family was having financial difficulties and I didn't really have any other means of ensuring I could go to university. At that point in time, the rational thing for me to do (without putting a burden on my family) was to ensure that I could go to university by taking up the scholarship. However, after NS and a few years in University, things have started looking up and I have also saved enough of my own money (through tutoring, working, around 20-25 hours a week on top of school etc.) to be able to break the bond on my own with a small loan if need be. Right now I am merely contemplating the opportunity cost of staying in SIA, where my earning potential may be limited my false ceilings etc. and came to the forum to get an idea of what I can expect. I am in no hurry or rush to break the bond, but rather am just asking to explore and find out more about potential paths I may take. Sorry if that may have seemed offensive or as though I am depriving someone else of an opportunity.

Also I'd just like to say that at the point in time when I applied for the scholarship, I was very taken by the prospect of working in SIA and being at the forefront of one of the premier airlines in the world, but after having gone in and seen the operations in SIA, the lack of challenging work, hearing about slow progression and the very political office place, I am not too sure if this is the right fit for me anymore.

Ultimately you're still entitled to your own opinion of me, but I just wanted to clarify that sometimes being able to get a scholarship and wanting to break your bond doesn't necessarily mean that I have a choice and planned for this to happen.

That being said, hope someone can shed some light for me about all of this because I really am quite lost as to how to move forward from here. Any thoughts about the progression, potential avenues to leave out of etc. would be of great help!

Thanks guys
I do agreed with the OP that you should finish the bond and not break it. The moment that you took up a scholarship (whether is financial difficulties or whatsoever), you are in deed already deprived another person the chance of getting one. I dont think the reason of saving up or limited earning ceiling should/or is the reason for you to break.

End of the day, the truth is everyone just need a helper or booster in life for a good start. and since you already took on this scholarship, you should just give back and leave after you finished the bond. There are many people in the society that really need the scholarship and a stable job.
Reply With Quote
  #7005 (permalink)  
Old 02-06-2018, 11:14 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I do agreed with the OP that you should finish the bond and not break it. The moment that you took up a scholarship (whether is financial difficulties or whatsoever), you are in deed already deprived another person the chance of getting one. I dont think the reason of saving up or limited earning ceiling should/or is the reason for you to break.

End of the day, the truth is everyone just need a helper or booster in life for a good start. and since you already took on this scholarship, you should just give back and leave after you finished the bond. There are many people in the society that really need the scholarship and a stable job.
If u are alr not interested in serving, then breaking bond is a better idea! The liquidated damages can pay for other scholars.

Rather than u serve half heartedly, must as well do your organisation a service by leaving early and your monetary compensation will be helpful to them.

Also do yourself a favour, since u might want to explore the outside when you are younger.

So Definitely win win situation.
You get to explore a few years earlier.
The organisation has one less interested employee. Organisation gets more $$$ to recruit interested employee or scholars.


If enough scholars leave early, then perhaps it is the problem of selection. And selection comittee need to review their processes.

Traditional view say serve till you finish bond. But a truly loyal employee knows that early departure may be good for both employer and himself.
Reply With Quote
  #7006 (permalink)  
Old 04-06-2018, 07:34 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hi,
I'm currently MX12 drawing 4.7k. Any prospect of going to MX11 next year with ~5 yrs of CS exp? 2nd upper no NS
Reply With Quote

  #7007 (permalink)  
Old 04-06-2018, 12:18 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Just joined a ministry and noticed in the Pay advice there is "Bar 1", "Bar 2"..."Bar 5". May I know what do these mean? As of now, no data in the fields..
Reply With Quote
  #7008 (permalink)  
Old 04-06-2018, 04:00 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Received a letter of offer from a statutory board.

The pay grade state "Grade 5"

how come this is different from the previous MX scheme?

anyone can share the new progression scheme. thanks
Reply With Quote
  #7009 (permalink)  
Old 04-06-2018, 09:34 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I just joined CS in jan this year. Is it likely I'll get a C as my default grade for appraisal? Or will I be assessed according to my 9 mths of work (since appraisal is done in sep)
According to your work but if you just did your job well, it will be a C. If you did extras...e.g. committee work or carried out some value adding project, you may even get B. Don't buy the standard C in the first year BS. B grade in the first year do happen but only to those who stand out.
Reply With Quote
  #7010 (permalink)  
Old 04-06-2018, 09:49 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Received a letter of offer from a statutory board.

The pay grade state "Grade 5"

how come this is different from the previous MX scheme?

anyone can share the new progression scheme. thanks
Most stat boards have their own salary scheme, so this is technically not new.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
civil servants, civil service, government, law, lawyer, mx scale, public sector, scholar, scholarship, superscale

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Civil Service Pay - Director level curious Income and Jobs 140 06-07-2017 02:14 PM
Civil Service Bonus 2007 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 18-03-2010 12:42 PM
High Earners In Civil Service Salary.sg Income and Jobs 29 28-04-2009 10:29 AM
HK civil service salary hike Salary.sg Income and Jobs 5 21-11-2008 10:57 PM
Civil Service Bonus mid-2008 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 6 15-07-2008 01:40 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,961 Replies, 1,200,870 Views
Breaking the Letter Of Commitment... ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 5,087 Views
Freight Forwarding industry --...
1 Replies, 168 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,177 Replies, 3,917,987 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,506 Replies, 1,092,365 Views
Constituency Manager (People... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
580 Replies, 285,005 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,020 Replies, 461,088 Views
NUS working environment and pay... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
46 Replies, 29,100 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,821 Replies, 623,489 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,224 Replies, 363,864 Views
ExxonMobil...
3 Replies, 876 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,324 Replies, 285,897 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,236 Replies, 999,320 Views
Changi Airport Group ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
346 Replies, 227,026 Views
Has anyone heard of KSB Singapore?
0 Replies, 145 Views
Micron fresh grad salary
2 Replies, 1,492 Views
Advice needed (Career change)
5 Replies, 552 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
161 Replies, 128,984 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
180 Replies, 71,865 Views
Signed contract, but pending...
0 Replies, 297 Views
how to handle one offer and...
2 Replies, 425 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
885 Replies, 323,263 Views
Ministry of Transport Queries
2 Replies, 277 Views
Capitaland Graduate Development...
8 Replies, 11,129 Views
Siemens engineering graduate...
2 Replies, 602 Views
Direct Contract vs External...
3 Replies, 321 Views
JP Morgan ( 1 2)
16 Replies, 7,933 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,157 Replies, 825,906 Views
N/O Level Holder ( 1 2 3)
29 Replies, 12,690 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
736 Replies, 473,022 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 03:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2