Compare civil service salary - Page 666 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Compare civil service salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #6651 (permalink)  
Old 11-10-2017, 06:52 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

If this is the first time you are looking for the next job after working for a few months in the current one, it is acceptable and no harm trying. Been there before and done with it. However it also depend on the hr filtering the applications and hiring manager of the agency you are applying to. Nowadays govt agencies can afford to be more choosy than before since they have limited or freeze headcount and knowing that job seekers are more desperate to land a job in current economical climate.

Reply With Quote
  #6652 (permalink)  
Old 11-10-2017, 08:10 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If this is the first time you are looking for the next job after working for a few months in the current one, it is acceptable and no harm trying. Been there before and done with it. However it also depend on the hr filtering the applications and hiring manager of the agency you are applying to. Nowadays govt agencies can afford to be more choosy than before since they have limited or freeze headcount and knowing that job seekers are more desperate to land a job in current economical climate.
Thanks for the prompt response. Then can I ask if you succeeded in securing an offer from another gov agency after disclosing that you've only worked for a couple of months at your previous job? And what was the reason you gave? Thank you

Reply With Quote
  #6653 (permalink)  
Old 11-10-2017, 08:47 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I am 43 and I am MX11. Earning $6500. Is my growth and pay very slow? I joined when I was 38 at MX12. I only got promoted once last year, to MX11.

Reply With Quote
  #6654 (permalink)  
Old 12-10-2017, 09:11 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thanks for the prompt response. Then can I ask if you succeeded in securing an offer from another gov agency after disclosing that you've only worked for a couple of months at your previous job? And what was the reason you gave? Thank you
Anybody able to provide more advice? Will I be blacklisted or will HR communicate between themselves?

Gov normally takes a while to response so I'd thought it'll be alright to start applying now for positions that I'm interested in.
Reply With Quote
  #6655 (permalink)  
Old 12-10-2017, 02:58 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Iím a graduate just got selected for hire by MHA for HTSS post. However, I have an existing condition for past few years and when I went for pre employment medical check up, doctor say my condition donít meet MHA hiring standard. The issue here is Iím ex MHA staff and now in another ministry. Could anyone advise if MHA hires staff with pre existing condition? I understand that thereís no longer A95 scheme.
can anyone advise on this? the wait for phone call is really painful....
Reply With Quote
  #6656 (permalink)  
Old 15-10-2017, 09:18 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
can anyone advise on this? the wait for phone call is really painful....
What position is this? forensics under cid?
Reply With Quote

  #6657 (permalink)  
Old 16-10-2017, 11:10 AM
JukuSei
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Can advise?
Am current jobseeker, Singaporean but grew up in Tokyo. Graduating next year with top score from top japanese uni (Todai/Waseda/Kyoto)

Got offer already for a foreign investment bank (FO but not IB position, pay around 6k)

Have received call to interview with MFA and EDB. What should I expect? If I join these organisations, will I still be able to progress as a non-scholar?

GF is also Japanese, will marrying a foreigner affect my career?
Reply With Quote
  #6658 (permalink)  
Old 18-10-2017, 03:53 AM
mentor
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Pay history

Hi this is my pay history - 35 yr old male. Am I under or overpaid?

2007 - $2800 (Join Engineer private sector)
2008 - $3200 (Engineer Private Sector - Increment)
2009 - $3700 (Join Govt Stat Board)
2010 - $3700 (Join Consultating Company - Govt owned)
2011 - $4000 (Join Govt Stat Board - Increment)
2012 - $4600 (Govt Stat Board - Salary adjustment + Increment)
2013 - $4900 (Govt Stat Board - Increment)
2014 - $5500 (Join Govt Ministry - DXO scheme adjustment)
2015 - $5700 (Govt Ministry - DXO scheme Increment)
2016 - $6000(Govt Ministry - DXO scheme Increment)
2017 - $6300 (Govt Ministry DXO scheme Increment)
Reply With Quote
  #6659 (permalink)  
Old 18-10-2017, 09:43 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mentor View Post
Hi this is my pay history - 35 yr old male. Am I under or overpaid?

2007 - $2800 (Join Engineer private sector)
2008 - $3200 (Engineer Private Sector - Increment)
2009 - $3700 (Join Govt Stat Board)
2010 - $3700 (Join Consultating Company - Govt owned)
2011 - $4000 (Join Govt Stat Board - Increment)
2012 - $4600 (Govt Stat Board - Salary adjustment + Increment)
2013 - $4900 (Govt Stat Board - Increment)
2014 - $5500 (Join Govt Ministry - DXO scheme adjustment)
2015 - $5700 (Govt Ministry - DXO scheme Increment)
2016 - $6000(Govt Ministry - DXO scheme Increment)
2017 - $6300 (Govt Ministry DXO scheme Increment)
imo if you are drawing 4-6 months bonus (4 months for avg performer) with work life balance, i think it is reasonable.

*Work life balance definition to me on average can leave office by 7pm. With exception of 4 OT's past 7pm for a month (Avg 1 OT/week).
Reply With Quote
  #6660 (permalink)  
Old 18-10-2017, 12:23 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Can I tender my resignation the day after receiving 13th month bonus in December (serve 1 month notice and leave in Jan) or do I have to tender 1 month after receiving the bonus?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
civil servants, civil service, government, law, lawyer, mx scale, public sector, scholar, scholarship, superscale

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Civil Service Pay - Director level curious Income and Jobs 140 06-07-2017 02:14 PM
Civil Service Bonus 2007 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 18-03-2010 12:42 PM
High Earners In Civil Service Salary.sg Income and Jobs 29 28-04-2009 10:29 AM
HK civil service salary hike Salary.sg Income and Jobs 5 21-11-2008 11:57 PM
Civil Service Bonus mid-2008 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 6 15-07-2008 01:40 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,573 Replies, 1,555,048 Views
How much do you earn and save? ( 1 2)
10 Replies, 232 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,999 Replies, 921,964 Views
Q: Management Associate at SGX ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
89 Replies, 12,300 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
133 Replies, 65,199 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
931 Replies, 741,308 Views
Officer Role in Bank of Tokyo -... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
179 Replies, 143,166 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,689 Replies, 1,255,479 Views
For local U grads, how well are...
3 Replies, 311 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,839 Replies, 1,060,411 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,731 Replies, 2,393,551 Views
Local Uni Class of 2020 - COVID19... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
256 Replies, 48,282 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,746 Replies, 5,459,959 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,160 Replies, 881,469 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
331 Replies, 241,172 Views
Marsh Graduate Development Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
58 Replies, 5,130 Views
Constituency Manager (People... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
861 Replies, 439,271 Views
Mid-Year Civil Servant Bonus 2019 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,478 Replies, 749,398 Views
Dsta ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
817 Replies, 535,310 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,221 Replies, 1,862,665 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
71 Replies, 110,569 Views
Diploma in Digital Marketing at...
3 Replies, 1,101 Views
anyone working at NCS ? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
355 Replies, 275,478 Views
Whats your net worth ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,711 Replies, 781,109 Views
DBS Management Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,308 Replies, 236,417 Views
Pay grade at CSA ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
104 Replies, 23,969 Views
Cold calls/emails to HR ( 1 2)
13 Replies, 1,324 Views
Insurance Agent to Bancassurance...
7 Replies, 5,167 Views
ITE lecturer ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
121 Replies, 114,180 Views
Insurance Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
60 Replies, 16,457 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 05:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2