Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 10-02-2011 12:00 AM

hello any one with any idea for wat to ask for position at singhealth local uni 2nd lower bus deg?

Unregistered 11-02-2011 10:02 AM

Be Realistic and true

Hello all, i work as a recruitment manager in an MNC. From the many past interviews i have conducted, i realized that many fresh graduates and poly upgraders are asking for unrealistic salaries. One of them actually told me he "benchmarked" the salary on this forum. I read through all the 600+ posts and have to agree that most of these salaries are inflated agressively just like the BoBo member have mentioned. eg. noway i will believe that an ITE graduate can up his / her salary by 3k+ with just a simple job hop. It REALLY ridicules and insults the majority of people who spend time. money and effort in getting an education.

And before someone else posts " that is not true as my uncle, auntie, dog, cat, friend from some ailen planet earns $$$$$$ etc" These are just a minority of the populationconsidering that this might even be true. Yes i agree that there are always the exceptions but from the looks of the posts on this forum, almost everyone gets these kind of salaries which is unrealistic!

So to all fresh graduates and poly upgraders, do be realistic about your salary expectation or else you will find yourself posting more on this virtual forum just to keep your hopes high.

Unregistered 11-02-2011 11:12 AM

just wondering, does ministry or stat board offer higher pay??

Unregistered 11-02-2011 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 9487)
Hello all, i work as a recruitment manager in an MNC. From the many past interviews i have conducted, i realized that many fresh graduates and poly upgraders are asking for unrealistic salaries. One of them actually told me he "benchmarked" the salary on this forum. I read through all the 600+ posts and have to agree that most of these salaries are inflated agressively just like the BoBo member have mentioned. eg. noway i will believe that an ITE graduate can up his / her salary by 3k+ with just a simple job hop. It REALLY ridicules and insults the majority of people who spend time. money and effort in getting an education.

And before someone else posts " that is not true as my uncle, auntie, dog, cat, friend from some ailen planet earns $$$$$$ etc" These are just a minority of the populationconsidering that this might even be true. Yes i agree that there are always the exceptions but from the looks of the posts on this forum, almost everyone gets these kind of salaries which is unrealistic!

So to all fresh graduates and poly upgraders, do be realistic about your salary expectation or else you will find yourself posting more on this virtual forum just to keep your hopes high.

Let's help bring everyone back to earth. Can you help by giving a realistic benchmark?

Unregistered 12-02-2011 11:49 PM

last i heard, for freshgrads, mindef is offering 2nd lower grads 3.3k, while 2nd upper can get abt 3.5k.. 1st class, RSAF WSO can get 4.9k.

Unregistered 13-02-2011 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 9525)
last i heard, for freshgrads, mindef is offering 2nd lower grads 3.3k, while 2nd upper can get abt 3.5k.. 1st class, RSAF WSO can get 4.9k.

i do agree with you, one of my colleague university friend, grad is 2008. 2nd upper NTU, join DXO getting $3.5k in 2008

Can I ask you if someone with 3+ years of engineering exp private sector (GLC) , join DXO, 2nd lower NTU, how much can he expect of his salary? (currently annual salary mid-50K)

SG Pauper 14-02-2011 12:10 AM

2.5 month bonus

Not every civil servants got the 2.5 month bonus.
After the announcement of the 2.5 months bonus, MOF issued a meno to various stat boards stating that the 2.5 month bonus is just a guideline only.

So civil servants working for PA only got a month bonus.

blackswan 14-02-2011 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SG Pauper (Post 9543)
After the announcement of the 2.5 months bonus, MOF issued a meno to various stat boards stating that the 2.5 month bonus is just a guideline only.

Ppl working in stat boards are not civil servants.
They are called public servants. Only ministries ppl are civil servants.
Stat boards can have their own HR policies and pay scales.

Unregistered 14-02-2011 08:31 AM

who cares whether they are called public servants or civil servants. most of them don't do much "public" or "civil" work anyway. raise GST to help the poor! hahaha

Unregistered 14-02-2011 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SG Pauper (Post 9543)

we all know few years ago, a town council was giving 9 months bonus to selected few