Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 09-04-2016 02:31 PM

i notice my salary got increase a bit because of mvc... what is that?

Unregistered 09-04-2016 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 83174)
i notice my salary got increase a bit because of mvc... what is that?

MVC is monthly variable component

Unregistered 09-04-2016 10:56 PM

Comparing is aimless and endless if everyone and our opportunities are different over time. When I graduated in 92, my first monthly pay was $1400 (I was in private sector, MNC) then, it was compatible with the cs. 12months later, I had a pay hike of $1000. Back then it was really worthy to sing about...out of 600 applications only 4 eventually were chosen. That was 23 years ago. But seriously, now hearing all these talk and expression of earnings, where are we heading? What's the purpose? I learn meaningful use of money for self and others and comfort in lifestyle is just what it takes to live a satisfactory life.

Unregistered 10-04-2016 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 83175)
MVC is monthly variable component

whats that and how it works in layman terms?

Unregistered 10-04-2016 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 83200)
Comparing is aimless and endless if everyone and our opportunities are different over time. When I graduated in 92, my first monthly pay was $1400 (I was in private sector, MNC) then, it was compatible with the cs. 12months later, I had a pay hike of $1000. Back then it was really worthy to sing about...out of 600 applications only 4 eventually were chosen. That was 23 years ago. But seriously, now hearing all these talk and expression of earnings, where are we heading? What's the purpose? I learn meaningful use of money for self and others and comfort in lifestyle is just what it takes to live a satisfactory life.

People are curious where they stand and they like to compare to their peers, or that they want to know how much they will be getting before the official news.

By the way, you are given a choice to read or not to read. If it does not suit your taste, read somewhere else.

Unregistered 10-04-2016 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 83208)
People are curious where they stand and they like to compare to their peers, or that they want to know how much they will be getting before the official news.

By the way, you are given a choice to read or not to read. If it does not suit your taste, read somewhere else.

agree with you. We come to this forum to verify if we are short changed in various industry with respective experience.

Unregistered 10-04-2016 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 83149)
Ok but not great. I earned the same as you at 32, and by then my wife and i already owned a d11 condo fully paid up and had $400K in cash (due to some earlier astute investment). I'm still in my 30s but my earning last year was $240K basic plus close to $100K bonus. We work in banking and finance.

You are great but not fantastic. I earned the same as you in my 30s, and by then i already singly owned a d11 bangalow fully paid up and had $800K in cash (due to alot of earlier astute investments). I'm just past my 30s but my earning last year was $480K basic plus close to $200K bonus. I don't even work in banking and finance.

Yes, you did not ask me for comparison. Neither did the fellow you compared yourself to.

Unregistered 10-04-2016 02:11 PM

some salary figures at MOH, MX scheme:

female pass: 2960
female 2nd lower: 3160
female 2nd upper: 3260
male w NS pass: 3297
male w NS 2nd lower: 3497
male w NS 2nd upper: 3597

HI THERE! ANYONE KNOWS IF THIS IS ACCURATE???

Unregistered 10-04-2016 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 83208)

Chill, just stating my opinion, like most here. Because someone had posted earlier he or she was depressed on reading the many posts of people doing very well. Do be empathetic, less critical more open-minded

Unregistered 11-04-2016 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 83241)
Chill, just stating my opinion, like most here. Because someone had posted earlier he or she was depressed on reading the many posts of people doing very well. Do be empathetic, less critical more open-minded

No need to be depressed. If one wants to get rich, civil service is not one avenue to go to, unless you are set for life to become high ranking officer like DS, PS.. You won't be poor, but rich either in CS. Comfortable but probably not luxurious living.