Compare civil service salary - Page 584 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Compare civil service salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #5831 (permalink)  
Old 02-03-2016, 10:53 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 4
mhakkinen is on a distinguished road
Default

Got a quick question here. I joined my ministry in Feb 2015 on a 2-year contract. I understand you don't get any merit increments in your 1st year. I am not emplaced yet (my ministry typically emplace people around 18th month mark).

I would like to know if this means 1. will I get any PB this year (pro-rated from Feb to Dec 2015) and 2. merit increment in April 2016?

Reply With Quote
  #5832 (permalink)  
Old 03-03-2016, 12:10 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Private to Public/CS

Hi All.

Im currently working in the Private sector. 9 yrs experience. Current gross is 4.3 k. Annual 60k.

NUS. Basic Degree. No Hons

Question is if i move to Public / CS, will they match my pay ? Or can i ask for more, say about 5.5 k ?

As i know, Public / CS pay for Asst Manager is about 15 mth pay is a norm = 82.5 k.

Should i lower down to 5 k ? to get about 75 k Annual ?

Thanks in advance

Reply With Quote
  #5833 (permalink)  
Old 03-03-2016, 01:35 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhakkinen View Post
Got a quick question here. I joined my ministry in Feb 2015 on a 2-year contract. I understand you don't get any merit increments in your 1st year. I am not emplaced yet (my ministry typically emplace people around 18th month mark).

I would like to know if this means 1. will I get any PB this year (pro-rated from Feb to Dec 2015) and 2. merit increment in April 2016?
You should get your pro-rated bonuses and increment like you said.

Reply With Quote
  #5834 (permalink)  
Old 03-03-2016, 01:36 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi All.

Im currently working in the Private sector. 9 yrs experience. Current gross is 4.3 k. Annual 60k.

NUS. Basic Degree. No Hons

Question is if i move to Public / CS, will they match my pay ? Or can i ask for more, say about 5.5 k ?

As i know, Public / CS pay for Asst Manager is about 15 mth pay is a norm = 82.5 k.

Should i lower down to 5 k ? to get about 75 k Annual ?

Thanks in advance
I recommend you aim higher instead of lower. Try to aim for 5.3k, if they want to decrease then let it be. Else, you gained extra 300.
Reply With Quote
  #5835 (permalink)  
Old 03-03-2016, 03:20 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I've been to at least 5 different ministries / stat boards for interviews. All mentioned the same thing: we can only offer you the same pay (lateral transfer across agency) or marginal increase ($100/$200).

Any HR folks here pls help to explain this stingy policy?
Reply With Quote
  #5836 (permalink)  
Old 03-03-2016, 04:45 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I've been to at least 5 different ministries / stat boards for interviews. All mentioned the same thing: we can only offer you the same pay (lateral transfer across agency) or marginal increase ($100/$200).

Any HR folks here pls help to explain this stingy policy?
Means you have nothing to offer beyond just another warm body filling up a job. Why should any ministry offer you big increases if you have nothing exciting to add? If they are throwing tax payer money anyhow then I will have problem with their generosity.
Reply With Quote

  #5837 (permalink)  
Old 03-03-2016, 05:23 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi All.

Im currently working in the Private sector. 9 yrs experience. Current gross is 4.3 k. Annual 60k.

NUS. Basic Degree. No Hons

Question is if i move to Public / CS, will they match my pay ? Or can i ask for more, say about 5.5 k ?

As i know, Public / CS pay for Asst Manager is about 15 mth pay is a norm = 82.5 k.

Should i lower down to 5 k ? to get about 75 k Annual ?

Thanks in advance
Is abit difficult but you can try, i have 13years direct job related experience, now drawing 4.2K and just signed employment agreement with CS, pay cut to 3.9K
Reply With Quote
  #5838 (permalink)  
Old 03-03-2016, 05:34 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is abit difficult but you can try, i have 13years direct job related experience, now drawing 4.2K and just signed employment agreement with CS, pay cut to 3.9K
lol, fresh grads can get that for 0 years experience
Reply With Quote
  #5839 (permalink)  
Old 03-03-2016, 05:35 PM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 16
boomZ is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I've been to at least 5 different ministries / stat boards for interviews. All mentioned the same thing: we can only offer you the same pay (lateral transfer across agency) or marginal increase ($100/$200).

Any HR folks here pls help to explain this stingy policy?
Wow, does it mean you have reached the final negotiation stage of salary discussion? 5 successful interviews?

Thats really impressive.


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iPhone


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #5840 (permalink)  
Old 03-03-2016, 05:41 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomZ View Post
Wow, does it mean you have reached the final negotiation stage of salary discussion? 5 successful interviews?

Thats really impressive.
whats so impressive? 1 offer with 10% increment more impressive than 5 offers with no increment.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
civil servants, civil service, government, law, lawyer, mx scale, public sector, scholar, scholarship, superscale

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Civil Service Pay - Director level curious Income and Jobs 140 06-07-2017 02:14 PM
Civil Service Bonus 2007 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 18-03-2010 12:42 PM
High Earners In Civil Service Salary.sg Income and Jobs 29 28-04-2009 10:29 AM
HK civil service salary hike Salary.sg Income and Jobs 5 21-11-2008 11:57 PM
Civil Service Bonus mid-2008 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 6 15-07-2008 01:40 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,005 Replies, 1,805,850 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
668 Replies, 326,973 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,445 Replies, 1,492,138 Views
Local Uni Class of 2020 - COVID19... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
56 Replies, 9,867 Views
Marsh Graduate Development Program ( 1 2 3)
20 Replies, 1,694 Views
Big 4 firm rescind offers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
63 Replies, 17,033 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,029 Replies, 2,199,797 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,855 Replies, 872,506 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,720 Replies, 1,018,452 Views
Anybody starting/started new job... ( 1 2)
11 Replies, 1,322 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,181 Replies, 5,301,286 Views
Job offer from Apple ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
429 Replies, 73,102 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,584 Replies, 1,231,873 Views
Insurance Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
32 Replies, 12,629 Views
Constituency Manager (People... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
855 Replies, 430,584 Views
Career advice
3 Replies, 968 Views
career dilemma in 30s ( 1 2)
11 Replies, 2,643 Views
What course should I undertake?
9 Replies, 3,230 Views
All about Home Affairs Senior... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
163 Replies, 165,874 Views
SPF (Direct-Entry Inspector) ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 2,243 Views
Please advise on my career path... ( 1 2)
15 Replies, 12,209 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,082 Replies, 846,917 Views
What are your Job benefits ( 1 2)
15 Replies, 7,334 Views
Casino Regulatory Authority
1 Replies, 4,423 Views
Relocating to Singapore, is... ( 1 2 3)
28 Replies, 29,488 Views
Summer Internships 2020 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
39 Replies, 2,194 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
879 Replies, 719,220 Views
MAS : Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
123 Replies, 96,197 Views
Life as a ICA Senior Officer ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
104 Replies, 121,815 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 02:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2