Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 23-08-2015 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71864)
Anyone knows what the starting salary for a MX13 fresh grad guy with pass degree? Most agencies have removed the salary info, I see that a MX13 fresh grad girl gets 2,960.

Yea many remove the salary info. I want to ask is it a given that males will receive NS extra for starting pay? I'm offered 3.6k from a min, my female classmate will confirm get lesser?

Unregistered 23-08-2015 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71882)
Yea many remove the salary info. I want to ask is it a given that males will receive NS extra for starting pay? I'm offered 3.6k from a min, my female classmate will confirm get lesser?

yea, confirm.

Unregistered 24-08-2015 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71883)
yea, confirm.

Wanna ask the bros here. I ask HR how the NS difference is calculated then the admin girl simply say "2 years lor". I sensed her bochapness so didn't pressed on with my question. What exactly does she mean? NS stint is recognised as 2 years of experience? Therefore my female classmate will match my starting pay after 2 years, not withstanding bonus and performance? Personally I really want to know how my NS stint is compensated in monetary terms when I enter civil service.

Unregistered 24-08-2015 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71881)
Anyone else thinking it is a little too optimistic to be aiming for 5-6k for diploma holder in civil service? I don't think I have come across a MSO grade officer being paid that much. It is rare even in uniform group I think!

Any comment?

agree wit you 5-6k is a fallacy if refering to diploma graduates i dont think can earn so much maybe max only 5k at the end of your career, if can match degree pay then the degree students sure will make noise do more work but paid lesser,

i remember my encik in unit a wo3 earn 4k++ after more than 30 year service so I say 3-4k is the reasonable pay maximum for diploma students, if want more have to get degree only

Unregistered 24-08-2015 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71893)
Wanna ask the bros here. I ask HR how the NS difference is calculated then the admin girl simply say "2 years lor". I sensed her bochapness so didn't pressed on with my question. What exactly does she mean? NS stint is recognised as 2 years of experience? Therefore my female classmate will match my starting pay after 2 years, not withstanding bonus and performance? Personally I really want to know how my NS stint is compensated in monetary terms when I enter civil service.

NS last time got 2.5 yrs. Now is 2 yrs. So depending on the number of years you serve, you NS increment is different.

NS is typically +200 to +300 more.

It is not 2 years of experience. Because salary increments are a percentage of current salary and also dependent on performance grade.

Unregistered 24-08-2015 03:39 PM

I am currently an MSO in a Ministry. I have recently earned an Australian degree albeit from a private education institution. My question is, should I submit my degree to HR and put it on record? Will there be any advantage for me; faster promotion, pay increment etc? Thanks in advance.

Unregistered 24-08-2015 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71893)
Wanna ask the bros here. I ask HR how the NS difference is calculated then the admin girl simply say "2 years lor". I sensed her bochapness so didn't pressed on with my question. What exactly does she mean? NS stint is recognised as 2 years of experience? Therefore my female classmate will match my starting pay after 2 years, not withstanding bonus and performance? Personally I really want to know how my NS stint is compensated in monetary terms when I enter civil service.

same as my ministry. the difference in pay is roughly 2 years worth of increment.

but i dunno y you are so interested in how ur pay compares with your female counterparts... if they dont pay much more than female u r not going to join the service?

Unregistered 24-08-2015 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71909)
I am currently an MSO in a Ministry. I have recently earned an Australian degree albeit from a private education institution. My question is, should I submit my degree to HR and put it on record? Will there be any advantage for me; faster promotion, pay increment etc? Thanks in advance.

This one you have to ask HR, diff org diff policy. Some org they will promote you faster but within same scheme (like SCDF), some will convert you to MXO scheme, some will increase your pay, some will do nothing.

Unregistered 25-08-2015 08:33 PM

schemes and salaries
 
Does anyone have the latest salaries for the various scales? Also, would anyone have the civil service structure? does the MX encompass all positions below the Superscale / AO schemes?

Unregistered 25-08-2015 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 71987)
Does anyone have the latest salaries for the various scales? Also, would anyone have the civil service structure? does the MX encompass all positions below the Superscale / AO schemes?

No. There are various professional schemes which pay higher than MX scheme


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 01:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2