Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 14-07-2015 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 69818)
MX11 at 33++ here, and I am projecting slightly more than 120K for my annual income this year. Should be quite accurate now that more than half the year is gone. Just an ordinary peasant with an average engineering degree from NUS. Am doing considerably better than my peers who become engineers, and probably on par with those who are teaching. But compared to teachers, I think there is more room for salary increment at my side. Should have the potential to tip 11K by mid to late 40s at my current rate.
Realistically, I am nowhere near doctors, lawyers and bankers but the money i am drawing is sufficient to lead a comfortable life - staying in a well-renovated HDB flat, driving a sedan and raising a small family.

mid year 0.5 months
end year 1 + 0.8 months
pb take as 2.5 months (lower end)

total months salary = 12 + 4.8 = 16.8 months

monthly salary = 7,142

Not bad for farmer. 7k at 33 is pretty attainable if you are in the right ministry. Some places pay more than others for the same grade. How is the increment? If able to get $250/year, my friend will be at 7k by age 33.

Unregistered 15-07-2015 12:27 AM

I am the poster of the original post. If one looks at the breakdown of 120K, it is very much achievable and realistic. Nothing to shout about.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 69939)
you believe everything people write here??? 120k pa at age 33++. yeah right. note the ++. 120k is doable for degree holder, no need to stretch. bonus is about 4 months for average grader. but the age is not 33++. more likely closer to 43.

Unregistered 15-07-2015 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 69956)
I am the poster of the original post. If one looks at the breakdown of 120K, it is very much achievable and realistic. Nothing to shout about.

Are you 34 in 2015? Ns?

If you started in CS right after grad, then 7k is attainable at 34 for non-scholar. 7k per month works out to be 120k plus annually.

Unregistered 15-07-2015 12:22 PM

Acceptable?

Hi all, i'm a female fresh grad from ntu with first class honours.

MSF quoted 3.4k as starting salary. Is that standard? Can i negotiate?

Otherwise i also received an offer from a special education school but salary quoted was 3.2k. I prefer the special education job, but i'm trying to save for my Masters program, so thought that it will be better to earn more for now.

What do you all seniors think? Is a 3.4k salary acceptable?

Unregistered 15-07-2015 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 69966)

Otherwise i also received an offer from a special education school but salary quoted was 3.2k. I prefer the special education job, but i'm trying to save for my Masters program, so thought that it will be better to earn more for now.

I think there is no room for negotiation as you are a fresh grad. What they are offering you is based on your academic qualifications.

Unregistered 15-07-2015 06:11 PM

Working in stat board.
5 yrs exp before joining in 2014. Job scope kinda of different.
Now doing more of PM role.
Current salary ard $5.2K

How am I doing?

Unregistered 15-07-2015 06:42 PM

Quote:

What kind of role is the job which MSF offered?

Unregistered 15-07-2015 08:34 PM

Quote:

not negotiable. salary is fixed for all fresh graduate depending on ministry/sb, with NS or not, and class of hons.

Unregistered 15-07-2015 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 69939)
you believe everything people write here??? 120k pa at age 33++. yeah right. note the ++. 120k is doable for degree holder, no need to stretch. bonus is about 4 months for average grader. but the age is not 33++. more likely closer to 43.

it's believable

my tax return shows that i made 120k last year and im only in my early 30s. non-scholar too

Unregistered 15-07-2015 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 69979)
Working in stat board.
5 yrs exp before joining in 2014. Job scope kinda of different.
Now doing more of PM role.
Current salary ard $5.2K

How am I doing?

What's your age? NS?