Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 09-06-2015 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 67876)
I think you have some misconception of working as a comms officer in a ministry. The job is mostly procedural on specific areas, not sure what your liking reading global and local affairs news has got anything to do with it.

I actually hope to get into a SB/Ministry where the job is somewhat related to those areas. But it's going to be a pretty long shot I would guess, considering that its probably in the MHA/MFA/MTI. Doesn't have to be a comms position.

Unregistered 09-06-2015 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 67865)
Hmmm one of the reasons I was looking at CS is because I enjoy keeping up with the news, reading up on global and local affairs. More interesting to me, honestly, than trying to get media publicity for clients in extremely technical industries.

Is this your prepared speech for the interview? Shouldn't u be more concern about the salary, the bonuses? oh ya, July bonus coming. Should be guessing how much it will be or will there be a mid year bonus this year.

Unregistered 09-06-2015 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 67878)
I actually hope to get into a SB/Ministry where the job is somewhat related to those areas. But it's going to be a pretty long shot I would guess, considering that its probably in the MHA/MFA/MTI. Doesn't have to be a comms position.

not sure about mha, but with a private deg, u can forget about mti or mfa... local uni grads and overseas ivy uni grads are queuing up to join them.

Unregistered 09-06-2015 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 67879)
Is this your prepared speech for the interview? Shouldn't u be more concern about the salary, the bonuses? oh ya, July bonus coming. Should be guessing how much it will be or will there be a mid year bonus this year.

No mid yr bonus!?

Unregistered 14-06-2015 08:00 PM

Moving back to SB

I started off career in SB. Was there for 2 yr+. Did well in my performance reviews, was promoted once but left to try out pte sector

Now I'm 35 and a friend who is a director is recommending me a job in his SB (not reporting to him though). Title is AD. Managing just 2 other managers.

Thinking about it for job stability and lesser traveling commitments

I'm on $8.3k pm now. Bonus + AWS around 5 mths or more depending on company profit.

Do you think it is possible to ask for 15%-20% increment? my pte sector exp is relevant to the role. In addition I also have some exp in the paper writing etc required in SB.

Unregistered 14-06-2015 08:41 PM

AD? ask yourself if you were to stay in SB without leaving for private coy, will you become AD at age 35? think chances are, no, maybe you might be a senior mgr? As for the salary, it depends on your negotiation since you might be treated as a talent. I also hope i have such a friend to pull me up, to give my career a boost.

Unregistered 15-06-2015 10:48 AM

Passed toplimb

Title to me is not impt, as long as my base pay goes up
Snr mgr, AD, Dd, dir doesn't matter

Anyone here moved to SB from pte sector? At around 10 yr exp

Managed to get 15% to 20% jump?

Unregistered 15-06-2015 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 68196)
I started off career in SB. Was there for 2 yr+. Did well in my performance reviews, was promoted once but left to try out pte sector

Now I'm 35 and a friend who is a director is recommending me a job in his SB (not reporting to him though). Title is AD. Managing just 2 other managers.

Thinking about it for job stability and lesser traveling commitments

I'm on $8.3k pm now. Bonus + AWS around 5 mths or more depending on company profit.

Do you think it is possible to ask for 15%-20% increment? my pte sector exp is relevant to the role. In addition I also have some exp in the paper writing etc required in SB.

Give your asking salary to them and see what they say. No point asking here, we are not working in HR.

Unregistered 15-06-2015 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 68233)
Title to me is not impt, as long as my base pay goes up
Snr mgr, AD, Dd, dir doesn't matter

Anyone here moved to SB from pte sector? At around 10 yr exp

Managed to get 15% to 20% jump?

from what i understand. how it works is that, based on the years on experience you have e.g 10 yrs , the HR will discount based on relevance to the job scope (assume 20% discount)

then based on 8 yrs experience, they will benchmark the salary to the median of staffs in the grade with similar yrs of experience.

the offer will be based on benchmark + your current salary based on some formula.

typically 5-10% up nia. dun expect too much.

Unregistered 17-06-2015 12:59 AM

are there people who jump to stat board after 1 or 2 year in ministry? can share experience? heard stat board pay better...