Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 03-05-2015 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 66193)
May 2012 - Graduated from NTU (First Class Honours)
Jun 2012 - MX13 = 3800 (Joined Ministry, Non-Scholar)
Mar 2013 - MX13 = 2.5 mth Performance Bonus (Grade B)
Jun 2013 - MX12 = 4300 (Promoted)
Feb 2014 - Placed on Permanent Establishment
Mar 2014 - MX12 = 3.0 mth Performance Bonus (Grade A)
Mar 2014 - MX12 = 4755 (Merit Increment)
Apr 2014 - MX11 = 5025 (Promoted)
Aug 2014 - MX11 = 5275 (Salary Adjustment)
Mar 2015 - MX11 = 2.5 mth Performance Bonus (Grade C+)
Mar 2015 - MX11 = 5640 (Merit Increment)


Wow, your progression is fast. Glad to know non-scholar can strike gold too.

Seems like this person is faking. In my whole fcuking career in civil service aka MOE, I have yet to see anyone getting Grade A performance.

There are only one or two grade Bs in every school.

Heard that Grade A ranking is mainly to gloss over the scholars.

Generally it is possible for above average to hit 5k in 5 years. In 3 years, not impossible but this guy must be kinda high flyer.

A lot of fcukers in this forum posting fake adviser, selling the idea that as long as you work hard, you will succeed in Singapore. Dream long long.

Unregistered 03-05-2015 07:49 PM

will i be blacklisted for rejecting a job offer from civil / public service? offered pay package was below what i had asked for when i applied for the job...

Unregistered 03-05-2015 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 66241)
Seems like this person is faking. In my whole fcuking career in civil service aka MOE, I have yet to see anyone getting Grade A performance.

There are only one or two grade Bs in every school.

Heard that Grade A ranking is mainly to gloss over the scholars.

Generally it is possible for above average to hit 5k in 5 years. In 3 years, not impossible but this guy must be kinda high flyer.

A lot of fcukers in this forum posting fake adviser, selling the idea that as long as you work hard, you will succeed in Singapore. Dream long long.

Sounds like another of those cannot-make-it frog-in-well underachieving loser who is disgruntled in life and refuses to believe that others can do well, only because he himself sucks and he thinks everyone else sucks just like him.

Laughable. But it's ok, he can wallow in his own pitiful existence while others work hard and reap their due reward. Dream long long for him indeed. :)

Unregistered 03-05-2015 10:42 PM

168
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 66249)
Sounds like another of those cannot-make-it frog-in-well underachieving loser who is disgruntled in life and refuses to believe that others can do well, only because he himself sucks and he thinks everyone else sucks just like him.

Laughable. But it's ok, he can wallow in his own pitiful existence while others work hard and reap their due reward. Dream long long for him indeed. :)

You are both right and wrong. I failed miserably in civil service but now I am drawing close to 100k per annum in private sector, just 7 years after I quit.

I am here to debunk lies of phoney adviser.

NTU 1st class - top 5%
Civil service Grade A performance - No scholar no talk, maybe only 1%.

In short even if you are as clever as Einstein, you would not make it if all your colleagues are all smarter than you. You need to stab one another, stepping on their dead bodies to make sure you are the top.

There are outliers in the Bell Curve but 99% of you are not going to be one of them.

Be prepared to live miserably and stooge in civil service, and learn how to suc coc. Be a eunuch or bitch for your entire fcuking pathetic life.

Unregistered 03-05-2015 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 66251)
You are both right and wrong. I failed miserably in civil service but now I am drawing close to 100k per annum in private sector, just 7 years after I quit.

I am here to debunk lies of phoney adviser.

NTU 1st class - top 5%
Civil service Grade A performance - No scholar no talk, maybe only 1%.

In short even if you are as clever as Einstein, you would not make it if all your colleagues are all smarter than you. You need to stab one another, stepping on their dead bodies to make sure you are the top.

There are outliers in the Bell Curve but 99% of you are not going to be one of them.

Be prepared to live miserably and stooge in civil service, and learn how to suc coc. Be a eunuch or bitch for your entire fcuking pathetic life.

joke... been to moe only (assuming you are that poster) but talk like you know how the entire civil service work.

are you aware that there are certain department in ministry/sb that takes in little or no scholars?

Unregistered 03-05-2015 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 66251)
You are both right and wrong. I failed miserably in civil service but now I am drawing close to 100k per annum in private sector, just 7 years after I quit.

I am here to debunk lies of phoney adviser.

NTU 1st class - top 5%
Civil service Grade A performance - No scholar no talk, maybe only 1%.

In short even if you are as clever as Einstein, you would not make it if all your colleagues are all smarter than you. You need to stab one another, stepping on their dead bodies to make sure you are the top.

There are outliers in the Bell Curve but 99% of you are not going to be one of them.

Be prepared to live miserably and stooge in civil service, and learn how to suc coc. Be a eunuch or bitch for your entire fcuking pathetic life.

Lol. Making "close to 100k" and think it's something to scream about? Really typical frog-in-well. I crossed the 100k mark years ago, and is now waaaaay past that. Haha.

Unregistered 03-05-2015 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 66254)
Lol. Making "close to 100k" and think it's something to scream about? Really typical frog-in-well. I crossed the 100k mark years ago, and is now waaaaay past that. Haha.

Of course that is nothing to scream about. For you guys in civil service, its really easy as you get 16 month of salary, for living an entire life skimming rents from the honest Singaporeans, like a parasite. Also easy if you are in Shylock industries.

This is just the beginning for me, and the sky is my limit. Will keep you update.

Unregistered 03-05-2015 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 66252)
joke... been to moe only (assuming you are that poster) but talk like you know how the entire civil service work.

are you aware that there are certain department in ministry/sb that takes in little or no scholars?

Go and ask around who else get an A ranking other than scholar. Not impossible but sorry, I have never seen, never heard such things from friends, myself and relative.

You guys dont use 1% outlier in the Bell Curve to make a show out of it to prove that "hard work make you successful".

Unregistered 04-05-2015 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 66258)
Of course that is nothing to scream about. For you guys in civil service, its really easy as you get 16 month of salary, for living an entire life skimming rents from the honest Singaporeans, like a parasite. Also easy if you are in Shylock industries.

This is just the beginning for me, and the sky is my limit. Will keep you update.

Yeah... 7 years after quitting CS and it is JUST the beginning. SLOW and steady wins the race. That's the spirit.

Unregistered 04-05-2015 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 66258)
For you guys in civil service, its really easy as you get 16 month of salary, for living an entire life skimming rents from the honest Singaporeans, like a parasite. Also easy if you are in Shylock industries.

Sour grapes?


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 01:10 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2