Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 25-04-2015 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 65805)
Hi all,

How do I fare? Got a feeling that I will be a farmer, but still, I'm contented with my pay.

June 2013 3400++ (joined as fresh grad, MX13)
June 2014 3700++ B (promoted to MX12)
April 2015 4000++ B (still MX12)

Male, in a ministry.

same progression as me. Salary figures are about the same (+/- $50) but in stat board and getting C/C+ all the way. Got a feeling my sb's PB figures seem to be different.

Unregistered 25-04-2015 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 65943)
Cos this person over here is blowing his or her own trumpet. haha

He may be boasting but I don't think he is lying or exaggerating.

Been in CS >8 years. Gross monthly (excl bonuses) CAGR 14% pa. Probably many out there like me or better.

Unregistered 25-04-2015 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 65948)
He may be boasting but I don't think he is lying or exaggerating.

Been in CS >8 years. Gross monthly (excl bonuses) CAGR 14% pa. Probably many out there like me or better.

wat is CAGR 14% pa??

Unregistered 26-04-2015 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 65943)
Cos this person over here is blowing his or her own trumpet. haha

The more people think it's unbelievable, the more shiok that person must be feeling.
People with high CEP naturally progress faster (in rank + salary) especially if their performance are equally good.
There are also a few such high performers in my division as well.
Only losers remain in denial and refuse to accept other people being better.

Unregistered 26-04-2015 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 65875)
Y CS increment is like more than 8% every year? i got friends working in CS and they all said C/C+ is 3-4%, B is like 5% at max and only A grade is like 8%, promotion maybe got 10% but this only like >10% every yr?

and no lah, unless scholar, most wouldn't be promoted to MX11 within 2 years, even scholars take 3-4 years to go MX11 because many many people going to retire at MX11 or MX10.

I had a B this year and received $300 MI. My current range got 2 sub-grade, Assoc I - (Cap $6300) and Assoc II (Cap $7300).

Anyone can advise about which MX grade equivalent I am in?

By the way, I joined a statboard in Aug 13 with a $3850 starting salary, currently drawing $4900 after confirmation, promotion and the latest MI. 26 years old.

Unregistered 26-04-2015 01:18 PM

I have second upper honours from local uni.

Looking for a civil service job as I want work-life balance (minimal OT, no weekend or shift work) and more relaxed work environment. Am currently in the media industry where I hardly have a life.

I don't mind farming a normal salary, not aiming to get rich or rise very high in the hierarchy.

Can anyone in the know recommend a sb or ministry that has this kind of culture?

Unregistered 26-04-2015 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 65949)
wat is CAGR 14% pa??

Compound annual growth rate 14% per annum

Unregistered 26-04-2015 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 65961)
The more people think it's unbelievable, the more shiok that person must be feeling.
People with high CEP naturally progress faster (in rank + salary) especially if their performance are equally good.
There are also a few such high performers in my division as well.
Only losers remain in denial and refuse to accept other people being better.

Yeah, most people think they are above average, and cannot accept that there are those who progress faster than they do. They are sadly limited by their own narrow view of the world.

Unregistered 28-04-2015 09:44 PM

Hi i know this has been answered before but i would like to get some advice. I joined this CS at MX12, on contract basis for a year, subjected to renewal or emplacement to perm scheme after 1yr, thing is i just started work and my colleagues are telling me that no one is irreplacable in the dept and people dont get emplaced to perm status but got their contract renewed for an additional yr instead, some are actually asked to leave (ok only 1 i know). I am wondering does anyone know the percentage of officers converted to perm scheme after a year?

They say it all depends on headcount and sometimes they dont have headcount, previously i was told by Hr normally will get auto emplacement, now i am abit wary...

Unregistered 29-04-2015 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 66044)
Hi i know this has been answered before but i would like to get some advice. I joined this CS at MX12, on contract basis for a year, subjected to renewal or emplacement to perm scheme after 1yr, thing is i just started work and my colleagues are telling me that no one is irreplacable in the dept and people dont get emplaced to perm status but got their contract renewed for an additional yr instead, some are actually asked to leave (ok only 1 i know). I am wondering does anyone know the percentage of officers converted to perm scheme after a year?

They say it all depends on headcount and sometimes they dont have headcount, previously i was told by Hr normally will get auto emplacement, now i am abit wary...

omg u are scaring me, i also same case 1 year contract. hr warn me that grading is on bell curve and around 5%-10% of new hires will not get renewal. the lack of security is bothering me greatly also, although i have yet to start...