Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 20-04-2015 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 65723)
Clearly FAKE. Let's play a game of "How do I spot a fake?". I could tell by line3. anyone knows why?

First year where got grade B one? all default c grade

MI and promo increment also give within the same month one mah. where got Mar give MI and apr give promo increment one?

Unregistered 21-04-2015 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 65725)

MI and promo increment also give within the same month one mah. where got Mar give MI and apr give promo increment one?

People with first class honours are usually given a high CEP. This means that they are usually promoted very quickly. It is possible to get a B rating in the first year but it's not common.

And yes, civil servants are given PB in end Mar. Increment is in Apr.

I'm with a ministry but not so high flying as original poster.

Unregistered 21-04-2015 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 65725)

I put Mar for merit increment because performance grade (which determines merit increment) is given in Mar. So in that same mth, if you click on "current salary and range" in pac@gov, you should be able to see the updated salary liao. I put promotion increment in Apr because I was only notified in Apr.

First year I really got grade B. Second year I chionged and submitted my own work review (other than PRAISE form) to branch head then got Grade A and promoted to MX11. But third year slowed down the pace (due to marriage) and dropped to C+ liao.

And yup, my figures are base salary. If include bonus, now about 90k per year.

Unregistered 21-04-2015 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ingenieur (Post 65698)
looks legit.
but took you close to 2 years to make the permanent personnel list!
is that the norm nowadays?

Now civil servants start off with a 2-year contract. If ok, they will give perm close to the end of 2nd year. If not ok, they will extend contract by another 2 years. If by end of 4th year still haven't got perm then must leave the ministry liao.

Yup, my salary includes NS.

Unregistered 21-04-2015 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 65730)
I put Mar for merit increment because performance grade (which determines merit increment) is given in Mar. So in that same mth, if you click on "current salary and range" in pac@gov, you should be able to see the updated salary liao. I put promotion increment in Apr because I was only notified in Apr.

First year I really got grade B. Second year I chionged and submitted my own work review (other than PRAISE form) to branch head then got Grade A and promoted to MX11. But third year slowed down the pace (due to marriage) and dropped to C+ liao.

Are you from MOE? You mentioned the PRAISE form.

Unregistered 21-04-2015 03:03 PM

Basic Starting for fresh Grad 2L

Hi all,

what is the current Statboard/Ministry/GIC starting Salary for male with NS with 2L?
Is it 3200 or 3400?

Appreciate any constructive inputs
Thanks

Unregistered 21-04-2015 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 65730)

wow, a 48% increase in salary in less than 3 years is remarkable. out in the pte sector it took me at least 7-8 years to get to 90+k.

civil service is really rewarding. really can't understand who they are pegging to in the pte sector.

Unregistered 21-04-2015 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 65753)
wow, a 48% increase in salary in less than 3 years is remarkable. out in the pte sector it took me at least 7-8 years to get to 90+k.

civil service is really rewarding. really can't understand who they are pegging to in the pte sector.

Is there an increment after confirmation? Assuming the contract is 1yr before converting to permanent status?

Unregistered 21-04-2015 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 65723)
Clearly FAKE. Let's play a game of "How do I spot a fake?". I could tell by line3. anyone knows why?

I LOL. You can't doesn't mean everyone cannot.

Who says you can't get a B int he first year?

Unregistered 21-04-2015 06:17 PM

Is it possible for a male with normal degree to join a stat board fresh from Uni and be promoted to Deputy Director in SB after 6 years of service?