Compare civil service salary - Page 472 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Compare civil service salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #4711 (permalink)  
Old 21-02-2015, 08:08 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
3rd class is usually around 3k or less. That is IF you can even get a public service job with 3rd class. 3rd class damn hard to get a job in civil/public service unless sign on.
what's the difference between civil service and public service? or are they referring to the same thing.. stat board is public service?

Reply With Quote
  #4712 (permalink)  
Old 22-02-2015, 01:01 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
a normal degree that doesn't offer honors might be better den a 3rd class in some cases...
Yea. That's why I rather not even take up hons if its gg to be low hons. Govt gives more recognition to 2nd upper & first class.

Reply With Quote
  #4713 (permalink)  
Old 22-02-2015, 01:03 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
what's the difference between civil service and public service? or are they referring to the same thing.. stat board is public service?
Civil servants are those working directly under the Ministry. Public service includes Ministry AND Stat boards.

Reply With Quote
  #4714 (permalink)  
Old 22-02-2015, 06:53 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

is anyone able to advise if Management Executives are on a different scheme?
Reply With Quote
  #4715 (permalink)  
Old 22-02-2015, 10:10 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Advice on job offer

I'm currently with an economic stat board, Senior Manager position with about 5 years of working exp in the public service (stat boards that don't use the MX scheme). I received a verbal offer from a ministry but it comes with a $700 pay cut, and I was told this is the best offer and every other ministry will offer the same salary for a similar job scope. Does anyone have info on whether this is true? Is there a policy that caps the salary across all ministries, and is it really true that social/community sector ministries pay so much less than economic stat boards? The drop is quite steep even though I am very interested in the job scope; wondering whether merit increments in a ministry will be able to make up for a $700 drop in a few years' time..
Reply With Quote
  #4716 (permalink)  
Old 22-02-2015, 10:18 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm currently with an economic stat board, Senior Manager position with about 5 years of working exp in the public service (stat boards that don't use the MX scheme). I received a verbal offer from a ministry but it comes with a $700 pay cut, and I was told this is the best offer and every other ministry will offer the same salary for a similar job scope. Does anyone have info on whether this is true? Is there a policy that caps the salary across all ministries, and is it really true that social/community sector ministries pay so much less than economic stat boards? The drop is quite steep even though I am very interested in the job scope; wondering whether merit increments in a ministry will be able to make up for a $700 drop in a few years' time..
yeah.. it will be the same for all ministries. 5 years probably MX11. Max is 6K roughly for offer. they don't pay as well. engineer a secondment . stat broad pay. ministry job.
Reply With Quote

  #4717 (permalink)  
Old 22-02-2015, 10:37 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
yeah.. it will be the same for all ministries. 5 years probably MX11. Max is 6K roughly for offer. they don't pay as well. engineer a secondment . stat broad pay. ministry job.
Thanks for the quick response! The offer was 5K and I know a secondment is out. Hmm seems like too drastic a cut, but rejecting this offer essentially cancels out the entire civil service from my job hunt...
Reply With Quote
  #4718 (permalink)  
Old 22-02-2015, 11:24 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thanks for the quick response! The offer was 5K and I know a secondment is out. Hmm seems like too drastic a cut, but rejecting this offer essentially cancels out the entire civil service from my job hunt...
look at the annual package instead. civil service annual package is around 17months if you are above avg performer. compare it to your current package.
Reply With Quote
  #4719 (permalink)  
Old 22-02-2015, 11:29 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

guys, for LTA stat board.

have Performance bonus ,AWS(13 month bonus ,year end bonus?

but do they have mid year bonus? or mid year bonus only for civil service like ministry?
Reply With Quote
  #4720 (permalink)  
Old 22-02-2015, 11:30 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
yeah.. it will be the same for all ministries. 5 years probably MX11. Max is 6K roughly for offer. they don't pay as well. engineer a secondment . stat broad pay. ministry job.
Gotta ask urself why u are switching. And if the new job scope is less demanding, why would they be paying U the same.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
civil servants, civil service, government, law, lawyer, mx scale, public sector, scholar, scholarship, superscale

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Civil Service Pay - Director level curious Income and Jobs 143 07-09-2020 04:27 PM
Civil Service Bonus 2007 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 18-03-2010 12:42 PM
High Earners In Civil Service Salary.sg Income and Jobs 29 28-04-2009 10:29 AM
HK civil service salary hike Salary.sg Income and Jobs 5 21-11-2008 11:57 PM
Civil Service Bonus mid-2008 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 6 15-07-2008 01:40 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
Comp Science Frsh Grad Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
151 Replies, 6,586 Views
How long does uob get back to you...
8 Replies, 1,319 Views
Mortgage Specialist Role.
3 Replies, 1,822 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,154 Replies, 6,213,650 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,000 Replies, 3,337,172 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,848 Replies, 1,238,635 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,106 Replies, 865,906 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
436 Replies, 144,608 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
349 Replies, 204,223 Views
GovTech career grade ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
173 Replies, 183,424 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,301 Replies, 318,564 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
155 Replies, 36,633 Views
How much do you earn and save? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
194 Replies, 40,712 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
180 Replies, 104,343 Views
Starting pay for fresh uni grad... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
67 Replies, 5,816 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,941 Replies, 1,400,266 Views
Lonza Biotechnologist
0 Replies, 49 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,013 Replies, 1,888,694 Views
MOH Graduate Studies Scholarship ( 1 2)
15 Replies, 16,136 Views
Third Class Honours/Second Lower... ( 1 2 3)
29 Replies, 27,304 Views
SEA Limited
6 Replies, 1,529 Views
Audit DGS
0 Replies, 70 Views
Starting new employment while...
6 Replies, 299 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
269 Replies, 241,461 Views
Big4 Tax Career Prospect
4 Replies, 2,290 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,560 Replies, 2,115,021 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,692 Replies, 1,054,553 Views
Personal Assistant
0 Replies, 86 Views
Working at Changi Business Park ( 1 2)
18 Replies, 3,655 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 08:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2