Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

mid-life crisis 13-12-2010 06:42 PM

Ok, which means I am offered below the range. No that's my basic, and that's why they are selling me the idea of the fat bonus. I just hope they can counter close to my current. Thanks will keep you posted.

Unregistered 13-12-2010 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 8187)
Averaged about 11% increment per year over 3 years in DSTA.

do you mean anyone from dsta (average performer) will get ""Averaged about 11% increment per year over 3 years in DSTA"" since 1st join dsta as fresh grad ??

mean 2nd lower (fresh grad) with starting pay $3280 will get 11% increment every year, and after 3 years in dsta, he will get $3280 x 1.11 x 1.11 x 1.11 = $4485

and 2nd upper will get abt $4896???

Unregistered 13-12-2010 11:46 PM

Ask not what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country.

Pilz 14-12-2010 08:44 PM

just got offered a position at a ministry.

HR told me that my medical benefits are full medisave. what does full medisave mean?

Unregistered 15-12-2010 04:53 AM

Sad pay

Salary range sometimes does not tally with years of experience. In the company that I am working in, new hires' pays are higher than those having 2 to 4 yrs of experience. Eg new hires' pay range 3200 to 3800, but old birds' pay range from 3000 to 3500...

Unregistered 15-12-2010 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pilz (Post 8225)
just got offered a position at a ministry.

HR told me that my medical benefits are full medisave. what does full medisave mean?

doesn't matter.... not much use anyway

Unregistered 15-12-2010 11:20 AM

Deputy Directors are not superscale. Even some junior directors are not super scales. Only Divisional directors with some years holding their positions are.

Superscales officers are paid about >$14.

For a ministry, the DD cap is about $11K. I am not sure about stat boards DD, some of them are very old. However, I believe they are not paid as well as ministry's staff because staff eg directors from ministries, when seconded to stat boards, become Assistant Chief executives instead of directors/senior directors.

AD pay is about $4-$6K, but in good times, maybe slightly more.

Unregistered 15-12-2010 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 8242)
Deputy Directors are not superscale. Even some junior directors are not super scales. Only Divisional directors with some years holding their positions are.

Superscales officers are paid about >$14.

For a ministry, the DD cap is about $11K. I am not sure about stat boards DD, some of them are very old. However, I believe they are not paid as well as ministry's staff because staff eg directors from ministries, when seconded to stat boards, become Assistant Chief executives instead of directors/senior directors.

AD pay is about $4-$6K, but in good times, maybe slightly more.

every ministry and stat board titles mean different things.
Cant compare like this.
a director from my parent ministry seconded to be director in my stat board.
and AD for some ministries like MTI is entry grade(fresh grad) so shd follow the fresh grad pay of MX scheme.

I57 onander 16-12-2010 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 8206)
do you mean anyone from dsta (average performer) will get ""Averaged about 11% increment per year over 3 years in DSTA"" since 1st join dsta as fresh grad ??

mean 2nd lower (fresh grad) with starting pay $3280 will get 11% increment every year, and after 3 years in dsta, he will get $3280 x 1.11 x 1.11 x 1.11 = $4485

and 2nd upper will get abt $4896???

Nope. An average performer at DSTA will not get that. But getting to the top ain't like climbing a mountain.
Trust me; DSTA is a very good place to start your career as an engineer.

Unregistered 18-12-2010 12:44 AM

Hi i have just been offered a 1 yr contract with a stat board...just want to know what are the chances of converting to perm? Normally what happens after 1 yr when contract is up?
Lastly, for a non local uni deg. working in stat board, will promotion and chances be limited?
Look forward to all your advises... :)