Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 30-11-2014 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 59492)
Anyone knows if Senior Manager in NEA is roughly equal to Dy Director in a ministry? I am now a SM in NEA with total 15 years work experience, thinking of applying for a DD opening in MTI, not sure whether they can match my experience in terms of job scope and pay.

Thanks in advance.

Errr....what's your current pay and the pay ceiling for this grade? Otherwise how can anybody advise?

Unregistered 30-11-2014 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 59496)
Errr....what's your current pay and the pay ceiling for this grade? Otherwise how can anybody advise?

simple. Junior DD pay is about 8.5 K and typical DD is just touching 10K. if you are paid that much that can get MX10. But of course, it depends on relevant experience, etc too.

Unregistered 30-11-2014 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 59491)
mind u, Manchester, Edinburgh and Bristol are big names. FYI, DPM Teo went to Manchester & Edinburgh is the top Uni in Scotland.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 59457)
Yes they care about it. If you went to a well-known degree mill then it counts for little. Look at the university's international ranking. If within top 200 should be fine.

Recognised yes, but I'd think that past a certain point, it can still be recognised but also looked upon less favourably than NUS/NTU/SMU. It's like how private unis are also recognised and accepted, by right.

Unregistered 30-11-2014 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 59491)
mind u, Manchester, Edinburgh and Bristol are big names. FYI, DPM Teo went to Manchester & Edinburgh is the top Uni in Scotland.

Times change bro. Bristol is okay. But seems like anybody can get into Manchester these days. I got a friend who flunked his entire A-levels getting Us and Es for H2 but still getting into Manchester.

Unregistered 30-11-2014 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 59510)
Times change bro. Bristol is okay. But seems like anybody can get into Manchester these days. I got a friend who flunked his entire A-levels getting Us and Es for H2 but still getting into Manchester.

Depends on what course also leh.

Unregistered 01-12-2014 07:59 AM

Seems like your knowledge is all based on hearsay. U ought to do more research.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 59510)

Unregistered 01-12-2014 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 59492)
Anyone knows if Senior Manager in NEA is roughly equal to Dy Director in a ministry? I am now a SM in NEA with total 15 years work experience, thinking of applying for a DD opening in MTI, not sure whether they can match my experience in terms of job scope and pay.

Thanks in advance.

NEA has AD position right? I presume SM is below AD?
what's the ceiling for SM?

This will determine whether SM is equivalent to AD (usually MX11A or MX10, depends on ministry), SAD (usually MX10) or DD (MX10) in ministry.

Unregistered 01-12-2014 09:19 PM

does anyone knows the working culture in MDA procurement? how is the remuneration package there?

Unregistered 02-12-2014 05:48 PM

Those who emplaned to mx11a will the AD title be automated given to them? Assuming currently is a sm

Unregistered 02-12-2014 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 59578)
Those who emplaned to mx11a will the AD title be automated given to them? Assuming currently is a sm

No, nope, nopez