Compare civil service salary - Page 419 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Compare civil service salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #4181 (permalink)  
Old 24-09-2014, 10:48 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

for PB, C and C+ or C- gets same amount?

Reply With Quote
  #4182 (permalink)  
Old 24-09-2014, 04:24 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
for PB, C and C+ or C- gets same amount?
No, different amounts. It would also differ based on the MX grade which you are in. B in mx11 would get different amount from B in mx12 for example.

Reply With Quote
  #4183 (permalink)  
Old 26-09-2014, 01:25 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Might anyone have an idea of how architects or urban planners and designers fare in public sector like ura and hdb?
Are these positions in high demand, say 20 applications for 1 vacancy?
Thanks in advance**

Reply With Quote
  #4184 (permalink)  
Old 27-09-2014, 10:33 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default RE: Public sector career switch

This thread is veri insightful with lots of gd advice. I m contemplating a career switch to the public sector so appreciate some advice here.

I m male,32 yrs old, local uni-2nd upper,+ part time MBA which was recently obtained, with NS,5 yrs of pte sector engrr exp.

I applied for a SB for a policy formulation position. Any idea what job grade can I get? MX11? Kindly advise. Thks!
Reply With Quote
  #4185 (permalink)  
Old 27-09-2014, 11:29 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
This thread is veri insightful with lots of gd advice. I m contemplating a career switch to the public sector so appreciate some advice here.

I m male,32 yrs old, local uni-2nd upper,+ part time MBA which was recently obtained, with NS,5 yrs of pte sector engrr exp.

I applied for a SB for a policy formulation position. Any idea what job grade can I get? MX11? Kindly advise. Thks!
Ministry policy formulation is almost always done by AOs and scholars. You probably won't get that chance. If you are looking to move into the public sector, be prepared for a pay-cut. Where did you get your MBA from? Isn't it mostly the case that if you have a (good) MBA, you could get a better position in private sector?
Reply With Quote
  #4186 (permalink)  
Old 27-09-2014, 12:14 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Ministry policy formulation is almost always done by AOs and scholars. You probably won't get that chance. If you are looking to move into the public sector, be prepared for a pay-cut. Where did you get your MBA from? Isn't it mostly the case that if you have a (good) MBA, you could get a better position in private sector?

I think he is looking at stat board, not ministry. While it is true that AOs and scholars pretty much helm policy units, he can get into policy units too if he has the relevant industry experience. These units need farmers too!
Reply With Quote

  #4187 (permalink)  
Old 27-09-2014, 01:06 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Ministry policy formulation is almost always done by AOs and scholars. You probably won't get that chance. If you are looking to move into the public sector, be prepared for a pay-cut. Where did you get your MBA from? Isn't it mostly the case that if you have a (good) MBA, you could get a better position in private sector?
I gt my MBA frm university of strathclyde. Its supposed to be triple accredited n only 1% of business schools have this. But at the end of the day, its juz a B grade uni which cannot compare with the likes of Insead. I did ok for my mba ba. The prob is the pte sector only wants MBA with the relevant yrs of exp as well. The industry which I m currently in dun haf such opportunities. N switching to another industry is not possible as well due to a lack of working exp. Thus my decision to go public sector. U mean will tk pay cut??? I actually indicated a 20% increment frm my current annual package leh. So I can stop dreaming ar?
Reply With Quote
  #4188 (permalink)  
Old 27-09-2014, 01:11 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I think he is looking at stat board, not ministry. While it is true that AOs and scholars pretty much helm policy units, he can get into policy units too if he has the relevant industry experience. These units need farmers too!
Ya, I looking at stat board. Gt a interview coming next week. Then they ask to fill in job application form. My industry exp is not directly applicable to the job applied ba. Juz to chk: wats AO? Wats the diff? Based on my background, so I will be placed in MX scheme izzit? Haha bro. The way u put it is so depressing. Farmers. If if they pay me well to be a farmer I will do it man.
Reply With Quote
  #4189 (permalink)  
Old 27-09-2014, 09:13 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I gt my MBA frm university of strathclyde. Its supposed to be triple accredited n only 1% of business schools have this. But at the end of the day, its juz a B grade uni which cannot compare with the likes of Insead. I did ok for my mba ba. The prob is the pte sector only wants MBA with the relevant yrs of exp as well. The industry which I m currently in dun haf such opportunities. N switching to another industry is not possible as well due to a lack of working exp. Thus my decision to go public sector. U mean will tk pay cut??? I actually indicated a 20% increment frm my current annual package leh. So I can stop dreaming ar?
Unlikely they would meet your expected salary.
Reply With Quote
  #4190 (permalink)  
Old 27-09-2014, 10:33 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

People thinking of joining CS at high pay should stop dreaming. There is a 20-30% pay cut for like-for-like work, e.g. CEO of 500 employees in pte sector vs CE of stat board, midlevel manager in pte sector vs AD in ministry.
also, in CS, there are directors with Ivy league, Oxbridge degrees. MBA from strathclyde doesn't count for much.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
civil servants, civil service, government, law, lawyer, mx scale, public sector, scholar, scholarship, superscale

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Civil Service Pay - Director level curious Income and Jobs 143 07-09-2020 04:27 PM
Civil Service Bonus 2007 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 18-03-2010 12:42 PM
High Earners In Civil Service Salary.sg Income and Jobs 29 28-04-2009 10:29 AM
HK civil service salary hike Salary.sg Income and Jobs 5 21-11-2008 11:57 PM
Civil Service Bonus mid-2008 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 6 15-07-2008 01:40 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
GovTech career grade ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
181 Replies, 185,093 Views
Comp Science Frsh Grad Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
403 Replies, 12,687 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
361 Replies, 206,478 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,863 Replies, 1,243,331 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
469 Replies, 147,896 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,116 Replies, 869,376 Views
Covid-related job opportunities...
8 Replies, 507 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,021 Replies, 1,894,106 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,176 Replies, 6,228,646 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
238 Replies, 37,906 Views
Lonza Biotechnologist
1 Replies, 117 Views
Assistant Director considered as...
3 Replies, 1,127 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,700 Replies, 1,058,116 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,031 Replies, 3,350,723 Views
How long does uob get back to you... ( 1 2)
10 Replies, 1,661 Views
How much does NTUC... ( 1 2)
10 Replies, 779 Views
Low Paying Stable Job vs High...
7 Replies, 645 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,003 Replies, 1,404,916 Views
Capitaland Graduate Development... ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 16,748 Views
Starting pay for fresh uni grad... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
86 Replies, 6,785 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
441 Replies, 291,022 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,564 Replies, 2,118,942 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,308 Replies, 320,867 Views
Job offer from Apple ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
498 Replies, 118,058 Views
Standard Chartered International... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
62 Replies, 59,251 Views
How much do you earn and save? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
200 Replies, 42,737 Views
Dsta ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
881 Replies, 604,096 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
270 Replies, 242,329 Views
Mortgage Specialist Role.
3 Replies, 1,909 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
155 Replies, 37,128 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 05:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2