Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 05-09-2014 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 55946)
Sounds like a nominal AD title. In some agencies (usually MTI ones) fresh grad already start at AD. That salary range sounds like a senior exec role only. whats your years of exp?

Yep, from what I read, seems like anyone from MX12 to MX10 can be an AD...
I have 9 years experience from private sector. Never been in civil service/stat boards before ...

Unregistered 05-09-2014 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 55964)
8.5k is the ceiling of mx11a. Mx10 is AD or DD position in ministry, actual designation depending on ministry.

Thanks! Does that mean my pay will be stuck and I won't get any pay increases because any increase means "auto promote" to MX10? Actually my stat board doesn't follow the MX naming so technically I have no idea if I am on MX11a or MX10. I assume perhaps they don't follow the same MX salary range ...

Unregistered 05-09-2014 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 55976)
Thanks! Does that mean my pay will be stuck and I won't get any pay increases because any increase means "auto promote" to MX10? Actually my stat board doesn't follow the MX naming so technically I have no idea if I am on MX11a or MX10. I assume perhaps they don't follow the same MX salary range ...

Will you be managing a team? You can ask the stat board HR for the pay range of the specific grade which they are appointing you in. I believe they can share it.

Unregistered 05-09-2014 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 55944)
From reading the pages here, it seems like AD ceiling is high 7k. I was offered 8.5k but as an AD in a stat board. So... I am confused. Am I an AD on DD grade then? Or should I have been given DD? It seems to me there are many job grades for AD so an AD could be a high or lower ranking AD?

What's your background? How many years of working experience? NS?

Unregistered 05-09-2014 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 55976)

It's not likely that they would offer you a salary which already hits the ceiling. I've heard that they usually offer a salary which is at least two increments away from the ceiling.

Could you share your background, number of years of working experience, NS or no NS, and whether you would be leading a team?

Unregistered 05-09-2014 10:39 AM

If anybody has the updated salary scales of the MX grades, do share. Thanks!

Unregistered 05-09-2014 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 55966)
Is there a Senior Staff Officer schemes in Singapore civil service? If yes, are they under MX scheme? I tried to search online but can't find any for such position in Sg.

SSO is an appointment. It's under the MX scheme.

Unregistered 05-09-2014 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 55983)
SSO is an appointment. It's under the MX scheme.

If a person is appointed with such position, normally he or she will be under MX what?

Unregistered 05-09-2014 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 56000)
If a person is appointed with such position, normally he or she will be under MX what?

I guess it should be MX12

ShareWithMe 07-09-2014 08:41 AM

Does ministry offer 2 yr contract n then sign you up as permanent subsequently?
Will the person be eligible for increment during these 2 yrs?

Does Anybody knows whats the pay range for Grade 12 n Grade 11 in ministry?