Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 20-03-2014 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 49517)
Maybe it'll also be useful if you could share the years of experience (both private and public) upon graduation. It'll give us a better idea as to how much you can ask for.

Previously I wking in non govt engineer role...totally nt relevant. However when I joined govt till now, a gd 6 solid years of direct experience

Unregistered 20-03-2014 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 49536)
most degree people in ministries at 35 is only AD. better performer maybe senior AD. very small % hit DD, but i never hear got mid career external hire in at full D level so young. esp ur exp is not even top mnc, but just some glc.

I noe MTI hires fresh degree holders at age 25 n gives them AD appointment.....after 3-4 years, age 29/30 give them SAD appointment aldy......but only the appointment sound damm fantastic for them at their age, but pay is still pegged to MX13 entry or MX 12 after 1yr!

Unregistered 20-03-2014 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 49535)
When you accept the new position then they will contact ur company about the "transfer". HR very busy one leh, if you never accept their position, they wont bother to do anything for you.

ummm so i should inform the new company upon acceptance not to view the case as a transfer, but a fresh hire? at which point should i throw letter to reduce complications?

Unregistered 20-03-2014 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fina_W (Post 49533)
Yes, I am applying for a AD position there.

Also looking at applying another job in Ministry of Manpower. I am 35 with 10 years work experience in GLCs.

Can I ask if assuming I am applying for a job directly relevant to what I am doing will they accept me at as Director level?

It is possible for you to apply for an AD position with 10 years of relevant experience. Sad to say, it is impossible to apply for a Dir position with only 10 years, much lest having no experience working in the public sector.

People who are Dir level are usually superscale officers, meaning government scholars or those who've slogged out in the public service for more than 30 years. Even retired LTC from the armed forces only get transferred to agencies as DD level and not Dir level; the only exception is if you're Col and above. But if you are, it'll mean you're a scholar to begin with, so normal circumstances do not apply.

Unregistered 20-03-2014 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 49552)
ummm so i should inform the new company upon acceptance not to view the case as a transfer, but a fresh hire? at which point should i throw letter to reduce complications?

Transfer implies that you will be keeping all your current benefits, length of service, accumulated leaves, CEP, and grade etc. Having said that, you will not see any difference in salary.

I personally think that you should indicate to your new employer that you will resign from the current job, and see if they will offer you a fresh package as a new candidate (which you can then negotiate for salary). After securing the new job (i.e. signing the offer letter), then resign with immediate effect (giving 1 mth notice).

Unregistered 20-03-2014 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 49548)
Ok....thks for the info.....statboard i am looking at is nt under current ministry I am in......there goes my years of service if i join, nt to mention year end AWS and variable!

I heard for statboards, they do not give out any variable bonuses......anybody in statboard can confirm tat?

Different stat boards have different scheme; some adhere to Ministry's way of paying, some don't. I know of some that do away with variable bonuses and accumulate them all into one PB at the end of your appraisal. So they only have AWS and PB in one FY. Their PB will usually be better than that of a Ministry's (maybe 3-4 mths for a C grade).

jalanjalan 20-03-2014 10:37 AM

Quote:

Also looking at applying another job in Ministry of Manpower. I am 35 with 10 years work experience in GLCs.

Can I ask if assuming I am applying for a job directly relevant to what I am doing will they accept me at as Director level?

$6.5-$7k package at EDB for AD position with 10 years experience seems pretty decent. Bear in mind that the bonuses are very good there, I hear commonly above 6 months at least.

Unregistered 20-03-2014 11:23 PM

Quote:

Hi there.fr wat i noe, there is no AD post in EDB. Only SO,AH,H AND D...do u mean AH???

Unregistered 21-03-2014 12:21 AM

male 2010 grad.
in stat board since 2010.
$4684. is it the norm?

Puff 21-03-2014 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 49587)
Hi there.fr wat i noe, there is no AD post in EDB. Only SO,AH,H AND D...do u mean AH???

No, they do have AD position. Must bear in mind that EDB has many roles and thus requires different title to cater to the customer they'll be facing. CS has the position of AD.

But yes, the AD title probably is equivalent to a Hd position. Having said that, it is always more important to look at the scheme, grade, and salary they are offering you.