Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 23-10-2010 09:06 PM

I'm hoping for 3 month bonus year-end :)

Unregistered 24-10-2010 06:11 PM

3mths yr end bonus?! that has nv happen before!

with the civil service focusing more and more on performance based bonus, i don tink that yr end bonus will be so much... maybe they put more into your PB instead??

sianz... the stat board that i am joining told me that i will not be eligibilbe for the upcoming PB in march, cos i join them too late and missed out on the appraisal...

Unregistered 25-10-2010 03:17 AM

depends.

I get an average of 16 months a year usually.

(12 salaried) + (1x13 month) + (1 month mid year (this year is half + $200)) + (2 month PB)

sometimes get more.. sometimes less.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 7680)
3mths yr end bonus?! that has nv happen before!

with the civil service focusing more and more on performance based bonus, i don tink that yr end bonus will be so much... maybe they put more into your PB instead??

sianz... the stat board that i am joining told me that i will not be eligibilbe for the upcoming PB in march, cos i join them too late and missed out on the appraisal...

smallfry 25-10-2010 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 7682)
depends.

I get an average of 16 months a year usually.

(12 salaried) + (1x13 month) + (1 month mid year (this year is half + $200)) + (2 month PB)

sometimes get more.. sometimes less.

Just to understand, if this is at a stat board or something. Or is it ok to reveal the name of the stat board or which area its in?

I can see that we get very mixed reviews on pay progression, with some seemingly close to 10% year on year averaged out, or we get really bad things like almost no movement for 4 to 5 years?

Cause Im one of the many many scholars at a biz stat board, not sure if salary wise its that bad..

smallfry 25-10-2010 01:29 PM

May I also understand, if bonus are subjected to cpf contribution? Income tax? I suppose income tax will be, but cpf?

Unregistered 25-10-2010 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smallfry (Post 7686)
May I also understand, if bonus are subjected to cpf contribution? Income tax? I suppose income tax will be, but cpf?

Bonuses are subject to both CPF contributions and income tax.

Unregistered 25-10-2010 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 7634)
is it faster to gain promotions at a ministry or at its stat boards?
now i'm stuck at a level where there appears to be a glass ceiling. not sure whether it would be easier if i change my career path

I would say, hard to say one way or another.

Are you stuck at a level where most people in your organisation cannot break through? If the answer is no, then it has to do with your CEP and not with any glass ceiling.

lye 25-10-2010 03:27 PM

I'm a fresh grad from NTU with 2nd lower, have just been offered 2.8k (no ns) at a stat board (1yr contract)

Sounds kinda okay to me, since it's my first job after all and I was actually expecting lower with a 2:2..

I am a little surprised at being placed at MX12 though, after browsing this forum and realising that freshies normally get in at grade 13. All I did in the past were temp jobs (1-3 months)..

So..does it mean that at MX12, I'll have to take on more responsibilities at work?

Would be glad for some input :)

Unregistered 25-10-2010 05:17 PM

Both MX 13/12 are entry/junior level grades so the responsibilities should be the same. Be happy with what they offer you :)

Unregistered 25-10-2010 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lye (Post 7690)
I'm a fresh grad from NTU with 2nd lower, have just been offered 2.8k (no ns) at a stat board (1yr contract)

Sounds kinda okay to me, since it's my first job after all and I was actually expecting lower with a 2:2..

I am a little surprised at being placed at MX12 though, after browsing this forum and realising that freshies normally get in at grade 13. All I did in the past were temp jobs (1-3 months)..

So..does it mean that at MX12, I'll have to take on more responsibilities at work?

Would be glad for some input :)

w/o NS = u female

Question

1.) Why working in stat board is under MX scheme? I thought MX scheme only applicable to those working in Ministry? Why your statboard is under MX scheme?? Statboard should have their own scheme right.

2.) Are you sure you are in Stat board, not Ministry??