Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Sam1987 10-08-2013 01:52 PM

I am Singapore Institute Technology(SIT) graduate, which partnered University Of Glasgow(UOG) for mechatronics engineering degree. I graduated with quite good results, 1st Class Honours. I am looking to work in the civil sector. My question is, whether the HR of the ministries and stat boards gives fresh graduate like mine a chance?

Unregistered 10-08-2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 40675)
Any helpful person here who knows the approximate starting pay of a fresh grad scholar, 1st class?

12k/mth, asst.dir.

rubberbus 10-08-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 41047)
12k/mth, asst.dir.

Serious not? Fresh grad with first class get 12k per mth? Any major also can?

Unregistered 11-08-2013 01:08 PM

12k for real scholars i think he meant. dunno if the figure is rght, but assit director is where they start..PSC scholars, not normal scholars

rubberbus 11-08-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 41069)
12k for real scholars i think he meant. dunno if the figure is rght, but assit director is where they start..PSC scholars, not normal scholars

orh. for scholar only.

what about normal fresh grad with first class honors? assuming EEE degree.

Unregistered 12-08-2013 12:37 AM

I think as a non-scholar with good grades in the civil service, there are a few programs which you can try to get your bosses' recommendations to attend them.

1) Postgraduate sponsorship. For those who miss out on undergraduate scholarships as an A'Level leaver.

2) High Potential Program. Though not quite on par with MA or AO scheme, it sure is the stepping stone for more things to come.

3) Senior Command and Staff course (for uniformed groups). Grooming you to become a superscale officer.

If you have all 3 in your bag, congratulations to you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rubberbus (Post 41070)
orh. for scholar only.

what about normal fresh grad with first class honors? assuming EEE degree.

Unregistered 12-08-2013 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 41094)
I think as a non-scholar with good grades in the civil service, there are a few programs which you can try to get your bosses' recommendations to attend them.

1) Postgraduate sponsorship. For those who miss out on undergraduate scholarships as an A'Level leaver.

2) High Potential Program. Though not quite on par with MA or AO scheme, it sure is the stepping stone for more things to come.

3) Senior Command and Staff course (for uniformed groups). Grooming you to become a superscale officer.

If you have all 3 in your bag, congratulations to you!

These are misguided info, esp for pt 1 and 3. My ex-superior was in pt 1 and 3, and I never did. Now, my staff grade has just surpassed him this year.

Unregistered 13-08-2013 12:01 AM

this is not misguided infor. There are many officers who benefited from them.

Would u contradict me and tell your boss "Boss, i am not keen to be on the hi-po scheme." Or, "Boss, I dont want to go for the command course".

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 41151)
These are misguided info, esp for pt 1 and 3. My ex-superior was in pt 1 and 3, and I never did. Now, my staff grade has just surpassed him this year.

Unregistered 15-08-2013 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 41154)
this is not misguided infor. There are many officers who benefited from them.

Would u contradict me and tell your boss "Boss, i am not keen to be on the hi-po scheme." Or, "Boss, I dont want to go for the command course".

Benefited in term of training but not necessarily cep n promotion

Unregistered 15-08-2013 11:35 PM

In general, the CEP will be enhanced and the progression will be faster. They do matter.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 41283)
Benefited in term of training but not necessarily cep n promotion