Compare civil service salary - Page 266 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Compare civil service salary

 Citibank Cash Back Card - up to $350 cash back* - Click to Apply Now 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #2651 (permalink)  
Old 26-03-2013, 05:01 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

you are probably a non-scholar....virtually impossible to get an A.

Good choice to move on, before you hentak kaki.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
<2.5yrs

got B twice

disappted i didnt get A....oh well

Reply With Quote
  #2652 (permalink)  
Old 26-03-2013, 12:15 PM
Super Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 260
jobhunter1234 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
you are probably a non-scholar....virtually impossible to get an A.

Good choice to move on, before you hentak kaki.
I have always been thinking if it is really that bad to hentak kaki at a relatively decent salary. I know there is a salary ceiling for average local uni grad around probably a good 7-8k? Govt also pays reasonable bonus like 3-4 months. If one were to venture into private sector would it possible for everyone to hit that 7-8k mark that easily?

Hoping to listen to other opinions. TIA

Reply With Quote
  #2653 (permalink)  
Old 26-03-2013, 04:45 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobhunter1234 View Post
I have always been thinking if it is really that bad to hentak kaki at a relatively decent salary. I know there is a salary ceiling for average local uni grad around probably a good 7-8k? Govt also pays reasonable bonus like 3-4 months. If one were to venture into private sector would it possible for everyone to hit that 7-8k mark that easily?

Hoping to listen to other opinions. TIA
haha im a non-scholar farmer

making close to 7k

haters gonna hate

Reply With Quote
  #2654 (permalink)  
Old 26-03-2013, 04:53 PM
Super Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 260
jobhunter1234 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
haha im a non-scholar farmer

making close to 7k

haters gonna hate
age? starting salary?
Reply With Quote
  #2655 (permalink)  
Old 26-03-2013, 05:49 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobhunter1234 View Post
age? starting salary?
dun wanna reveal too much

<35
Reply With Quote
  #2656 (permalink)  
Old 26-03-2013, 07:56 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
haha im a non-scholar farmer

making close to 7k

haters gonna hate
If a farmer can get so much, a scholar must get 10k and more.


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iPhone


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote

  #2657 (permalink)  
Old 26-03-2013, 07:57 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If a farmer can get so much, a scholar must get 10k and more.

Depends on how old the "close to 7k" person is.... If you are a decent worker, no reason why you wont hit 7k eventually...
Reply With Quote
  #2658 (permalink)  
Old 26-03-2013, 08:01 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

i see...then just stay at where u are and hentak kaki lor...haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
dun wanna reveal too much

<35
Reply With Quote
  #2659 (permalink)  
Old 27-03-2013, 11:05 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default how much should I expect

I am 28 this year. Have a degree (hons, 2nd upper) from a local university.
Been working in private sector all along for 5 years. Starting pay 2.2k, now earning 3.4k (no other bonus except 13th month bonus.
If I am applying to stat board/civil service (for a position for which I have relevant 3 years of experience), how much should I be expecting? If I ask for too low a salary in my applications, will the HR just give me what I ask for? Or they will give me what is the 'standard' in the service?
Reply With Quote
  #2660 (permalink)  
Old 27-03-2013, 11:40 AM
Super Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 260
jobhunter1234 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am 28 this year. Have a degree (hons, 2nd upper) from a local university.
Been working in private sector all along for 5 years. Starting pay 2.2k, now earning 3.4k (no other bonus except 13th month bonus.
If I am applying to stat board/civil service (for a position for which I have relevant 3 years of experience), how much should I be expecting? If I ask for too low a salary in my applications, will the HR just give me what I ask for? Or they will give me what is the 'standard' in the service?
Just curious why you nv job hop for a better salary? I think they will offer you standard salary package.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
civil servants, civil service, government, law, lawyer, mx scale, public sector, scholar, scholarship, superscale

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Civil Service Pay - Director level curious Income and Jobs 140 06-07-2017 02:14 PM
Civil Service Bonus 2007 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 18-03-2010 12:42 PM
High Earners In Civil Service Salary.sg Income and Jobs 29 28-04-2009 10:29 AM
HK civil service salary hike Salary.sg Income and Jobs 5 21-11-2008 11:57 PM
Civil Service Bonus mid-2008 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 6 15-07-2008 01:40 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
Aircraft Maintenance License and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
617 Replies, 462,011 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,339 Replies, 5,673,146 Views
I need honest advice. Jump to... ( 1 2 3)
21 Replies, 2,459 Views
Band 4 and Band 5 in Standard... ( 1 2)
18 Replies, 2,712 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,212 Replies, 2,742,409 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,730 Replies, 1,646,649 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,952 Replies, 3,759,582 Views
DBS Management Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,828 Replies, 283,314 Views
Retiring in Taiwan
6 Replies, 379 Views
How useful is CMFAS in improving... ( 1 2 3)
21 Replies, 27,280 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,346 Replies, 1,935,819 Views
anyone working at NCS ? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
410 Replies, 295,757 Views
Why does Singapore not have a...
9 Replies, 4,912 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,947 Replies, 1,103,527 Views
Job offer from Apple ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
471 Replies, 91,877 Views
Entry requirements to get into...
3 Replies, 508 Views
Enterprise Singapore hiriing... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
113 Replies, 34,319 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,284 Replies, 1,005,230 Views
Anyone worked in singhealth/nhg? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
49 Replies, 71,418 Views
How To Find Rich & Elite In...
2 Replies, 321 Views
Working in HDB ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
345 Replies, 268,551 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
102 Replies, 18,759 Views
Pay grade at CSA ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
110 Replies, 28,995 Views
need some info on CNB ( 1 2)
16 Replies, 1,275 Views
Citibank Technology Analyst Program
9 Replies, 4,068 Views
Advantages
1 Replies, 927 Views
Private Banking Salaries ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
77 Replies, 101,598 Views
Mid-Year Civil Servant Bonus 2019 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,654 Replies, 791,050 Views
Ntu sociology degree ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
57 Replies, 47,710 Views
Corporate Banking Analyst
7 Replies, 764 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 09:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2