Compare civil service salary - Page 256 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Compare civil service salary

 Citibank Cash Back Card - up to $350 cash back* - Click to Apply Now 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #2551 (permalink)  
Old 28-02-2013, 03:30 PM
amelia
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

they post it under MX13 ... so i guess it wont be too high, right?? what is the workign culture like huh?? will it to be always OT?

Reply With Quote
  #2552 (permalink)  
Old 28-02-2013, 03:41 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amelia View Post
they post it under MX13 ... so i guess it wont be too high, right?? what is the workign culture like huh?? will it to be always OT?
That would be a fresh grad position. If you're very experienced, they may not take u in. Not because you can't do the job but they may deem you as "over-qualified" or perceive you as someone not willing to take the pay-scale. If you really like the job, make it known that you don't mind starting afresh. Best is to call them up and inquire more. Share your exp with us.

Reply With Quote
  #2553 (permalink)  
Old 28-02-2013, 03:59 PM
amelia
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
That would be a fresh grad position. If you're very experienced, they may not take u in. Not because you can't do the job but they may deem you as "over-qualified" or perceive you as someone not willing to take the pay-scale. If you really like the job, make it known that you don't mind starting afresh. Best is to call them up and inquire more. Share your exp with us.
I set up a new branch at KL for 2 years before I transfer back to HQ . What they required is 2 yrs experience with degree. What I do now, is really like what they are requiring . I dont mind start as fresh is just that cant be too low le .. Call them?? means after the 1st interview or when submit the application?

Reply With Quote
  #2554 (permalink)  
Old 28-02-2013, 04:18 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amelia View Post
I set up a new branch at KL for 2 years before I transfer back to HQ . What they required is 2 yrs experience with degree. What I do now, is really like what they are requiring . I dont mind start as fresh is just that cant be too low le .. Call them?? means after the 1st interview or when submit the application?
Calling them before interviews might give you an advantage during actual interviews i.e. showing that you're prepared can actually score some points. Ask the right questions to get more inside knowledge. If got friends inside, better still. I've never tried this - another possible way is to use facebook to link up the insiders to find out more.
Reply With Quote
  #2555 (permalink)  
Old 28-02-2013, 10:32 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 68
wern is on a distinguished road
Default

AM is a very dead end job. My guess is that you didn't go through the local education system and probably don't know what an AM does nor have seen one in action.

The title is overrated/inflated/overly flowery imo.
Reply With Quote
  #2556 (permalink)  
Old 28-02-2013, 10:43 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Are you NITEC/diploma only? All deg fresh grads join as Manager or Assistant Director.
No. I'm actually a fresh grad. Thought stated in the site that AD normally needs experience. I an looking at position for a particular cluster under HQ. Any one roughly know the job role that I will be facing as AM?
Reply With Quote

  #2557 (permalink)  
Old 02-03-2013, 10:45 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 82
lmaohaha is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wern View Post
AM is a very dead end job. My guess is that you didn't go through the local education system and probably don't know what an AM does nor have seen one in action.

The title is overrated/inflated/overly flowery imo.
how do u define dead end? I was actually quite interested in this position previously. Care to share more?
Reply With Quote
  #2558 (permalink)  
Old 02-03-2013, 12:50 PM
Super Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 260
jobhunter1234 is on a distinguished road
Default

I have a question. I have 2 friends working in PA; one of them graduated with a local deg while the other joined with a diploma and later gotten a private deg. Will the progression be the same for both of them since both are considered as deg holders? I know the friend with private deg started with a slightly lower salary.
Reply With Quote
  #2559 (permalink)  
Old 02-03-2013, 03:27 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2
bottles86 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobhunter1234 View Post
I have a question. I have 2 friends working in PA; one of them graduated with a local deg while the other joined with a diploma and later gotten a private deg. Will the progression be the same for both of them since both are considered as deg holders? I know the friend with private deg started with a slightly lower salary.
Definitely no. Degree itself is kind vague. A degree from Harvard and one from NUS, they are both degree but recognized differently.

You will realize that if there are opportunities for AM course, the local degree holder will get to go for it first.
Reply With Quote
  #2560 (permalink)  
Old 02-03-2013, 08:52 PM
Super Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 231
cslee is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobhunter1234 View Post
I have a question. I have 2 friends working in PA; one of them graduated with a local deg while the other joined with a diploma and later gotten a private deg. Will the progression be the same for both of them since both are considered as deg holders? I know the friend with private deg started with a slightly lower salary.
In general, degree determines your starting point and initial CEP. Once you're in, no one would remember which uni or what class u get.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
civil servants, civil service, government, law, lawyer, mx scale, public sector, scholar, scholarship, superscale

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Civil Service Pay - Director level curious Income and Jobs 140 06-07-2017 02:14 PM
Civil Service Bonus 2007 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 18-03-2010 12:42 PM
High Earners In Civil Service Salary.sg Income and Jobs 29 28-04-2009 10:29 AM
HK civil service salary hike Salary.sg Income and Jobs 5 21-11-2008 11:57 PM
Civil Service Bonus mid-2008 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 6 15-07-2008 01:40 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,230 Replies, 2,746,630 Views
Constituency Manager (People... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
864 Replies, 448,107 Views
What course should I undertake?
9 Replies, 4,376 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,734 Replies, 1,648,264 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
990 Replies, 771,431 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
724 Replies, 221,260 Views
How much do you earn and save? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
113 Replies, 17,215 Views
Advantages
2 Replies, 988 Views
MAS : Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
209 Replies, 120,882 Views
Retiring in Taiwan
7 Replies, 443 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,343 Replies, 5,675,888 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,289 Replies, 1,006,517 Views
DBS Management Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,832 Replies, 283,747 Views
Enterprise Singapore hiriing... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
114 Replies, 34,598 Views
I need honest advice. Jump to... ( 1 2 3)
22 Replies, 2,623 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,953 Replies, 3,760,226 Views
Band 4 and Band 5 in Standard... ( 1 2 3)
20 Replies, 3,004 Views
Aircraft Maintenance License and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
618 Replies, 462,107 Views
How useful is CMFAS in improving... ( 1 2 3)
21 Replies, 27,364 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,346 Replies, 1,936,430 Views
anyone working at NCS ? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
410 Replies, 296,114 Views
Why does Singapore not have a...
9 Replies, 4,965 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,947 Replies, 1,103,979 Views
Job offer from Apple ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
471 Replies, 92,002 Views
Entry requirements to get into...
3 Replies, 557 Views
Anyone worked in singhealth/nhg? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
49 Replies, 71,482 Views
How To Find Rich & Elite In...
2 Replies, 348 Views
Working in HDB ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
345 Replies, 268,710 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 12:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2