Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 23-02-2013 06:27 PM

If you have a local degree (e.g. NUS, NTU), it is not difficult to get a job in Singapore, especially in the engineering sector. I was earning around 4k when I first started out as a semi-conductor engineer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 33444)
I want to work in Singapore with 3k-ish earning. It is insanely high compared to fresh graduate earning here in Indonesia.

How to do that?

Thank you.

Unregistered 24-02-2013 02:32 PM

I have a degree from NUS and I have no job. is there something wrong with me? farked

Unregistered 24-02-2013 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 33448)
So i can't begin with 3k?

That is only for 2 types of graduates: Male Singaporeans who completed National Service or those who graduated with scholarships.

Unless you are PR, you cannot even join stat boards, let alone Civil Service.

Unregistered 24-02-2013 04:49 PM

just wondering whether the civil service will ask 'low performing' directors to go?

I have one director who used to be from the private sector, but I think has since been confirmed. He leaves office punctually at 6pm and if s/he attends external meeting, s/he will not return back to office for any meeting ending after 4.30pm. When I get recognition from others, s/he tries to put me down or admonishes me for not informing him/her of what I’m doing. When I do send him/her e-mails, s/he frequently need me to remind him to respond or misses my emails totally.

I think s/he is affecting my productivity and speed of delivering results. How? S/he is probably semi-retirement but I do not want to slack leh because I haven't reach CEP. I still want my MI and PB leh

Unregistered 24-02-2013 05:12 PM

Any insights on EDB organisational structure, pay scale etc?

Unregistered 24-02-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 33327)
I have never come across anyone getting a D grade in cs. Unless you are under investigation for some serious cock up.

there definitely are d graders. don't know where you get your info from. fyi, every dept is graded on the curve. if your boss don't like you, that's it. D.

Unregistered 24-02-2013 05:31 PM

another note. one of my gf old pals just got offer to join moe stat board, non teaching ie admin staff. however, this guy is gay. the fool is thinking of coming clean with HR re his orientation. !! i told my gf to tell him not to mention this to anyone! i know i'm right but just want bros confirmation here to prove to my gf that i'm not in the minority.

Unregistered 24-02-2013 08:30 PM

And not forgetting the foreign graduates too. Singapore is a haven for foreign graduates because there is minimal discrimination. 3K? I was looking for at least 4K when I first graduated from NUS, an amount which is easily attainable in the engineering sector with overtime. I had a technician who got his PR quite a few years back. Recently, he renounced his PR status and got back a hefty sum from his CPF. Thereafter, he went back to his country and live like a king!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 33486)
That is only for 2 types of graduates: Male Singaporeans who completed National Service or those who graduated with scholarships.

Unless you are PR, you cannot even join stat boards, let alone Civil Service.

Unregistered 25-02-2013 07:25 AM

I meant to say, foreigners who graduate from NUS/NTU.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 33497)
And not forgetting the foreign graduates too. Singapore is a haven for foreign graduates because there is minimal discrimination. 3K? I was looking for at least 4K when I first graduated from NUS, an amount which is easily attainable in the engineering sector with overtime. I had a technician who got his PR quite a few years back. Recently, he renounced his PR status and got back a hefty sum from his CPF. Thereafter, he went back to his country and live like a king!

Unregistered 25-02-2013 09:46 AM

I agree...

Quite easy for foreigners like us to make a living here. Shall share an old trick here. I intentionally tendered my resignation when my colleague is away on a 3 week reservist training stint, knowing very well that my boss will in turn offer me a better remuneration package. But I got more than what I had bargained for... a promotion! The guys in my company always grumble about their reservist liabilities, but I am not complaining :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 33501)
I meant to say, foreigners who graduate from NUS/NTU.