Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 03-09-2010 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 7193)
Im a male (NS) 2nd lower fresh grad and on 3.2k salary in govt. I think those with first class or 2nd upper should try to aim for more. 3.5k for 1st class eng is alright i guess but i think still can negotiate for maybe close to 3.6?

err your government job is refer to in the ministry or in the stat board?

ministry and stat board are two totally different scheme

Unregistered 03-09-2010 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 7193)
Im a male (NS) 2nd lower fresh grad and on 3.2k salary in govt. I think those with first class or 2nd upper should try to aim for more. 3.5k for 1st class eng is alright i guess but i think still can negotiate for maybe close to 3.6?

The starting pay for dsta first class honors is already 3.7k to 3.8k without even negotiating for it this year

Unregistered 04-09-2010 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 7195)
err your government job is refer to in the ministry or in the stat board?

ministry and stat board are two totally different scheme

ministry. Im just stating my salary so those that decide to join a govt agency know what is the normal range of salary to look out for. Im saying this cause I have a friend who draws a 3k salary as a first class honours, which i think is underpaid

Unregistered 04-09-2010 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 7196)
The starting pay for dsta first class honors is already 3.7k to 3.8k without even negotiating for it this year

Think that could be due to them holding engineering jobs? so tat would be higher than those management jobs. government jobs can negotiate pay?

Unregistered 05-09-2010 09:50 PM

I am going to graduate this sem. Have a degree in economics without honours. Is it advisable to join the civil service w/o hons? Whats the starting pay like? How about room for promotion?

Unregistered 05-09-2010 11:23 PM

Hi, I have just started working in one of the big 4s. With a degree from ntu accountancy. If i were to leave the big 4 after a year for the civil service, what will the pay be like? which sector will be a good area for me to go to? please advise. thankyou.

Unregistered 06-09-2010 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 7203)
I am going to graduate this sem. Have a degree in economics without honours. Is it advisable to join the civil service w/o hons? Whats the starting pay like? How about room for promotion?

no room...

Unregistered 06-09-2010 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 7204)
Hi, I have just started working in one of the big 4s. With a degree from ntu accountancy. If i were to leave the big 4 after a year for the civil service, what will the pay be like? which sector will be a good area for me to go to? please advise. thankyou.

if you stay for only one year your future employers will wonder why you left so soon

Unregistered 06-09-2010 12:16 AM

religned aisouis

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 7198)
Think that could be due to them holding engineering jobs? so tat would be higher than those management jobs. government jobs can negotiate pay?

some stat boards are giving crap pay for management execs too. this is really a misnomer since most of these management execs will never hit director scale

Unregistered 06-09-2010 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 7189)
I am 33 yo, NUS (2nd lower grad), no NS. I have just received an offer from a stat board of $4.9k. How does this offer sound? Would you take it?

sounds low to me... people under 30 are already getting 4.9K in some govt agencies