Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

wern 01-07-2012 09:44 PM

RP is a stat board but don't expect glamourous civil-service level of salary because RP is famous for being the lowest paid poly in Singapore as they're the only ones willing to hire fresh grads while the other polys only hire ex-industry professionals. Apparantly fresh bachelor's holders get as low as 2.4k/mth.

lmaohaha 01-07-2012 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wern (Post 26287)
RP is a stat board but don't expect glamourous civil-service level of salary because RP is famous for being the lowest paid poly in Singapore as they're the only ones willing to hire fresh grads while the other polys only hire ex-industry professionals. Apparantly fresh bachelor's holders get as low as 2.4k/mth.

wad abt nyp and sim for a fresh grad wif ns 2nd upper (provided they accept fresh grad)?

Unregistered 02-07-2012 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 26285)
hi. it appears i have cleared the interviews at repblic poly. HR has asked me to quote salary ? can someone suggest what is the norm for academic staff ?
i dont have industry experience. hold beng and meng from nus. just worked part time here and there for 2 years.

without industry experience or at least a PhD you are not much use to a poly.
so probably 2k+? masters and bachelors are almost the same in this day and age.

Unregistered 05-07-2012 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 26280)
which statboard haven announce the salary adjustment ??

LTA/PUB/NEA/DSTA ??????

Heard from a friend it was MPA until recently. Even so it was ambiguously worded.

Unregistered 05-07-2012 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 26328)
without industry experience or at least a PhD you are not much use to a poly.
so probably 2k+? masters and bachelors are almost the same in this day and age.

part time work oso not count?

Unregistered 05-07-2012 11:52 PM

Letter of Appointment

signing my first LOA soon. what should i take note before signing the LOA? and what kind of questions should i ask? thanks!

Unregistered 06-07-2012 10:21 AM

Does Pmo also use the mx scheme? I presumed they did but saw some online post somewhere that hinted otherwise. Confusing....

Unregistered 06-07-2012 10:41 AM

and unghin

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 26401)
Does Pmo also use the mx scheme? I presumed they did but saw some online post somewhere that hinted otherwise. Confusing....

pmo is a ministry. of cos they follow the mx scheme.

Malix 06-07-2012 03:24 PM

I am having an interview with Republic Poly for the role of Senior Academic staff.

I read somewhere online that RP pay for Academic is ard 5-7k. If they ask me for pay expectation I'm thinking of quoting 7.5k since the job I apply for is Senior Academic staff.

Anyone can advise is this reasonable?

Unregistered 06-07-2012 11:36 PM

All has taken except LTA, morale is super low.