Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 27-08-2010 06:05 PM

:)

Quote:

Where is your masters from?

Hello,

From the NUS. :)

Unregistered 28-08-2010 01:04 PM

How do you fare?

Funny how pple keep asking how they are doing, just plug in your figure at the salary benchmark calculator lah. No need to brag on one hand or wonder if what you are getting is dismal on the other...

Run your own race!

Benchmark Your Monthly Pay By Age & Gender 2009 | Salary.sg - Your Salary in Singapore

Unregistered 28-08-2010 09:53 PM

Not that i want to argue with you. But such benchmarks only provides quantitative feedbacks. Sometimes people prefer a little more qualitative input you see. No harm asking around and being well-informed about the job market.

Of course, run your own race and take every input with a pinch of salt. After all, salary is not the only reward you get out of a job.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 7119)
Funny how pple keep asking how they are doing, just plug in your figure at the salary benchmark calculator lah. No need to brag on one hand or wonder if what you are getting is dismal on the other...

Run your own race!

Benchmark Your Monthly Pay By Age & Gender 2009 | Salary.sg - Your Salary in Singapore

schade 29-08-2010 12:09 AM

hi, does anyone know what's the jobscope and salary range like for language analysts in MHA? i've also been reading a few pages of this thread and noticed that there seem to be different salary tracks for different ministries (or is it positions?). can someone explain more?

Unregistered 29-08-2010 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered-9090 (Post 7083)
u need to wait for 1 month before any government reply you a yes or a no.

Not really. 1 day later (actually less than 24h), they called me to tell me I got in.

Unregistered 29-08-2010 04:26 PM

anyone knows whats the highest paying stat board/ministry?
(Excluding uniformed groups like SAF,SPF,ICA etc.)

Is DSTA the highest?

Unregistered 30-08-2010 10:13 PM

Agree with you. From the previous inputs, I believe I can get more out from this forum which is why I asked. Not flaunting about anything.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 7123)
Not that i want to argue with you. But such benchmarks only provides quantitative feedbacks. Sometimes people prefer a little more qualitative input you see. No harm asking around and being well-informed about the job market.

Of course, run your own race and take every input with a pinch of salt. After all, salary is not the only reward you get out of a job.

Unregistered 30-08-2010 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vel81 (Post 7091)
i am 29 years old. my pay is now $4.6k gross mthtly. Not on professional scheme.
and i am only holding a degree with no hons.

Care to share your scope? Are you on management executive scheme? $4.6k at 29 year old for a degree with no hons in the public service is quite good.

Unregistered 31-08-2010 02:20 PM

Salary reasonable?

Hi,

can i check with you guys? I have a degree from the UK and graduated with a second class lower. With that, I worked in the Stat Board for about 2 years with a starting of $2.7K and ending at $3.3K before I left for further studies.

Now graduated with a Masters, I am returning back to the Civil Service, EDB to be specific. I am offered a starting salary of $3.6k now and I am not sure if this is reasonable or not. It is relatively lower than I expected and it is just $300 more for the 2 years I spent attaining the Masters.

To what I understand, $3.6k is usually a fresh masters pay but I have job experience which was considered.

Can anyone tell me if this is reasonable or I should try asking for alittle more? Thanks!

Unregistered 31-08-2010 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 7159)
Hi,

can i check with you guys? I have a degree from the UK and graduated with a second class lower. With that, I worked in the Stat Board for about 2 years with a starting of $2.7K and ending at $3.3K before I left for further studies.

Now graduated with a Masters, I am returning back to the Civil Service, EDB to be specific. I am offered a starting salary of $3.6k now and I am not sure if this is reasonable or not. It is relatively lower than I expected and it is just $300 more for the 2 years I spent attaining the Masters.

To what I understand, $3.6k is usually a fresh masters pay but I have job experience which was considered.

Can anyone tell me if this is reasonable or I should try asking for alittle more? Thanks!

you are under paid.

Fresh NTU/NUS grad with 2nd upper joining DSTA getting about $3580 as starting pay.
1st class getting about $3880. And I mean FRESH GRAD.

For you, armed with master degree + few years of working experience u getting $3600....well is underpaid for sure.