Compare civil service salary - Page 148 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Compare civil service salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1471 (permalink)  
Old 17-02-2012, 07:45 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Just to add:

Yr 2003 - Pay about $2950+ with 2nd Upper
Yr 2005 - $3450 when transferred to another orgn.
Yr 2007 - $4000 when joined Stat Board at 1 grade higher
Yr 2008 - $4450 after mkt adjustment and MI, less than 1 yr of joining
Yr 2011 - $5400 with mostly 'B' grades in past years and 1 promotion
Yr 2012 - About $6150+ with lower MI and added in mkt adjustment

Offered $5550 by Ministry for same level and job scope, but with better prospect in longer term. Limited future growth at current position with Stat Board. So, is it normal to get lesser pay when one jump ship from stat board to ministry ?? Anyone with this experience?
u have quite gd prospect there..since you just got promoted in 2011, you can still stay on and work your way up to higher positions. Usually if jump from stat to ministry shd be more pay, ministry to stat will hv higher chance of lesser pay..

Reply With Quote
  #1472 (permalink)  
Old 17-02-2012, 08:59 PM
Super Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 168
Anonymous is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Checking with those in the know. And how does this programme work?
you don't look for them. they look for you.



SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iPhone


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #1473 (permalink)  
Old 17-02-2012, 09:12 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

those in gov sector yet still wan pay rise v fast or huge pay jump can forget it. i used to b fm tax gov and i left for i think 2 yrs. went for their interview last yr and HR said though i have the tax experience in private sector(US mnc) i will need to be prepared to take a huge pay cut. i hv a friend who told me that her fren work there and worked for 10yrs, local grad last drawn was only 3.8k...
i do know of ppl in their early 30s, in finance line, private sector hitting 10k at manager level. tats y those who wan to advance further in terms of pay in gov sector will b v hard and hence many young ppl want to work in private sectors as pay advancement is like no gov one.

Reply With Quote
  #1474 (permalink)  
Old 17-02-2012, 10:02 PM
Super Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 309
Bean is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
those in gov sector yet still wan pay rise v fast or huge pay jump can forget it. i used to b fm tax gov and i left for i think 2 yrs. went for their interview last yr and HR said though i have the tax experience in private sector(US mnc) i will need to be prepared to take a huge pay cut. i hv a friend who told me that her fren work there and worked for 10yrs, local grad last drawn was only 3.8k...
i do know of ppl in their early 30s, in finance line, private sector hitting 10k at manager level. tats y those who wan to advance further in terms of pay in gov sector will b v hard and hence many young ppl want to work in private sectors as pay advancement is like no gov one.
maybe for the financial sector , joining the private sector is better...

as for the engineering graduate, it is better to join the ministry/statboard...for better salary.....I am a very good example
Reply With Quote
  #1475 (permalink)  
Old 17-02-2012, 10:11 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Haha. Don't be rash! Giving up a cushy civil service job for shift work as park ranger? It's not worth it.

Subiram
Heard manager at these parks earn damn little. Plus no shift allowance at this level. Not worth it.

Anyone got rws pay info to share?

Fivecentsworth
Reply With Quote
  #1476 (permalink)  
Old 17-02-2012, 10:16 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bean View Post
maybe for the financial sector , joining the private sector is better...

as for the engineering graduate, it is better to join the ministry/statboard...for better salary.....I am a very good example

also will rch a salary ceiling for gov engineering job right?
Reply With Quote

  #1477 (permalink)  
Old 17-02-2012, 11:16 PM
Super Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 309
Bean is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
also will rch a salary ceiling for gov engineering job right?
i dun want to be like my boss after 18years with degree + "A" grader with GLC only getting 6.5k....
Reply With Quote
  #1478 (permalink)  
Old 18-02-2012, 08:30 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bean View Post
i dun want to be like my boss after 18years with degree + "A" grader with GLC only getting 6.5k....
Most likely your boss is at his ceiling cap already.
Reply With Quote
  #1479 (permalink)  
Old 18-02-2012, 11:36 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

2009-3.6k (second upper fresh grad)
2010-4.2k
2011-4.8k
2012-5k in next increment?

amts exclude bonus.

does not matter. i am leaving this year to persue my overseas masters and after that join the financial sector.

After applying for jobs in the financial sector, i then noticed how my resume was so irrelevant and useless to them. the truth is that if u cannot job hop, u limit ur chances of getting a pay increase or promotion. By slaving to one company alone, u r just limiting ur options.

My peers in banking are earning more than me and they are getting head hunted. Who wants to head hunt a civil servant???
Reply With Quote
  #1480 (permalink)  
Old 18-02-2012, 12:00 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
2009-3.6k (second upper fresh grad)
2010-4.2k
2011-4.8k
2012-5k in next increment?

amts exclude bonus.

does not matter. i am leaving this year to persue my overseas masters and after that join the financial sector.

After applying for jobs in the financial sector, i then noticed how my resume was so irrelevant and useless to them. the truth is that if u cannot job hop, u limit ur chances of getting a pay increase or promotion. By slaving to one company alone, u r just limiting ur options.

My peers in banking are earning more than me and they are getting head hunted. Who wants to head hunt a civil servant???
Have you researched on the state of the financial sector around the world?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
civil servants, civil service, government, law, lawyer, mx scale, public sector, scholar, scholarship, superscale

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Civil Service Pay - Director level curious Income and Jobs 140 06-07-2017 02:14 PM
Civil Service Bonus 2007 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 18-03-2010 12:42 PM
High Earners In Civil Service Salary.sg Income and Jobs 29 28-04-2009 10:29 AM
HK civil service salary hike Salary.sg Income and Jobs 5 21-11-2008 11:57 PM
Civil Service Bonus mid-2008 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 6 15-07-2008 01:40 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
How much do you earn and save? ( 1 2)
11 Replies, 232 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,573 Replies, 1,555,048 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,999 Replies, 921,964 Views
Q: Management Associate at SGX ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
89 Replies, 12,300 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
133 Replies, 65,199 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
931 Replies, 741,308 Views
Officer Role in Bank of Tokyo -... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
179 Replies, 143,166 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,689 Replies, 1,255,479 Views
For local U grads, how well are...
3 Replies, 311 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,839 Replies, 1,060,411 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,731 Replies, 2,393,551 Views
Local Uni Class of 2020 - COVID19... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
256 Replies, 48,282 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,746 Replies, 5,459,959 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,160 Replies, 881,469 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
331 Replies, 241,172 Views
Marsh Graduate Development Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
58 Replies, 5,130 Views
Constituency Manager (People... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
861 Replies, 439,271 Views
Mid-Year Civil Servant Bonus 2019 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,478 Replies, 749,398 Views
Dsta ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
817 Replies, 535,310 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,221 Replies, 1,862,665 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
71 Replies, 110,569 Views
Diploma in Digital Marketing at...
3 Replies, 1,101 Views
anyone working at NCS ? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
355 Replies, 275,478 Views
Whats your net worth ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,711 Replies, 781,109 Views
DBS Management Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,308 Replies, 236,417 Views
Pay grade at CSA ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
104 Replies, 23,969 Views
Cold calls/emails to HR ( 1 2)
13 Replies, 1,324 Views
Insurance Agent to Bancassurance...
7 Replies, 5,167 Views
ITE lecturer ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
121 Replies, 114,180 Views
Insurance Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
60 Replies, 16,457 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 05:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2