Compare civil service salary - Page 1262 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Compare civil service salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #12611 (permalink)  
Old 25-09-2021, 09:14 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Think depends on the package offered right. Likely shopee qould have highest pay, follow by dsta.
Nope, starting package wise dsta would be the highest and shopee lowest for PM position. I know because I have been offered for both and also counter checked with those working inside

Reply With Quote
  #12612 (permalink)  
Old 25-09-2021, 10:01 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Can anyone share insights on the stability of a Govt job? As I have been working for 6 months as a fresh grad at a stat board, work life balance is decent but I mainly joined for the stability, as I was willing to sacrifice on the pay. But after hearing from some of my friends in private sector like banks etc., they are earning more than me and as an average graduate, my progression is likely fixed. I have yet to experience the stability of the job since Iím only 6 months in.
Should I leave for the private sector after 2/3 years and can anyone share some stories on the stability of a Govt job

Reply With Quote
  #12613 (permalink)  
Old 25-09-2021, 10:37 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can anyone share insights on the stability of a Govt job? As I have been working for 6 months as a fresh grad at a stat board, work life balance is decent but I mainly joined for the stability, as I was willing to sacrifice on the pay. But after hearing from some of my friends in private sector like banks etc., they are earning more than me and as an average graduate, my progression is likely fixed. I have yet to experience the stability of the job since Iím only 6 months in.
Should I leave for the private sector after 2/3 years and can anyone share some stories on the stability of a Govt job
If you are mostly average, better stay in govt. At least got a level of certainty with progression and bonus, with stability and work life balance. I haven't heard of anyone retrenched by govt due to covid so far.

Reply With Quote
  #12614 (permalink)  
Old 25-09-2021, 11:03 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can anyone share insights on the stability of a Govt job? As I have been working for 6 months as a fresh grad at a stat board, work life balance is decent but I mainly joined for the stability, as I was willing to sacrifice on the pay. But after hearing from some of my friends in private sector like banks etc., they are earning more than me and as an average graduate, my progression is likely fixed. I have yet to experience the stability of the job since Iím only 6 months in.
Should I leave for the private sector after 2/3 years and can anyone share some stories on the stability of a Govt job
Well for our parents generation, there are people who spent their entire career all the way to retirement in government. Is that the kind of stability you are looking for?
Reply With Quote
  #12615 (permalink)  
Old 25-09-2021, 11:42 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If you are mostly average, better stay in govt. At least got a level of certainty with progression and bonus, with stability and work life balance. I haven't heard of anyone retrenched by govt due to covid so far.
I'm not a scholar but just a graduate from local uni, nothing good or bad to rave about. But I would consider myself to just be average?
Reply With Quote
  #12616 (permalink)  
Old 25-09-2021, 11:47 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Well for our parents generation, there are people who spent their entire career all the way to retirement in government. Is that the kind of stability you are looking for?
I am not entirely sure as if I can still progress and learn new things after 10 20 years, I am open to staying. But as mentioned above, I feel that as an average farmer, the progression is likely fixed end I might end up doing the same things after 5 years which can likely be mundane. Not to mention the salary component in public vs private.
Reply With Quote

  #12617 (permalink)  
Old 25-09-2021, 01:28 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am not entirely sure as if I can still progress and learn new things after 10 20 years, I am open to staying. But as mentioned above, I feel that as an average farmer, the progression is likely fixed end I might end up doing the same things after 5 years which can likely be mundane. Not to mention the salary component in public vs private.
I am a local grad and has since been in the same ministry for 13 years following my graduation. Now drawing $9.4k pm and have never looked back since. Yes, it is a stable job with the civil service, and you can consider if this is what you want. At least there is a decent level of work life harmony as what you have already known.
Reply With Quote
  #12618 (permalink)  
Old 25-09-2021, 01:36 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a local grad and has since been in the same ministry for 13 years following my graduation. Now drawing $9.4k pm and have never looked back since. Yes, it is a stable job with the civil service, and you can consider if this is what you want. At least there is a decent level of work life harmony as what you have already known.
Salary is not great but if you get job security and wlb not a bad deal I guess
Reply With Quote
  #12619 (permalink)  
Old 25-09-2021, 02:26 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Nope, starting package wise dsta would be the highest and shopee lowest for PM position. I know because I have been offered for both and also counter checked with those working inside
Depends on how big a difference. If few hundred dollars, just matter of 1-2 years to catch up. After that surely will exceed. Gov pay can never match tech companies
Reply With Quote
  #12620 (permalink)  
Old 25-09-2021, 02:28 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a local grad and has since been in the same ministry for 13 years following my graduation. Now drawing $9.4k pm and have never looked back since. Yes, it is a stable job with the civil service, and you can consider if this is what you want. At least there is a decent level of work life harmony as what you have already known.
13 year and not even 10k yet..
Ermm.. 5 years in mnc and already getting much more than you.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
civil servants, civil service, government, law, lawyer, mx scale, public sector, scholar, scholarship, superscale

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Civil Service Pay - Director level curious Income and Jobs 149 15-06-2021 09:35 AM
Civil Service Bonus 2007 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 18-03-2010 12:42 PM
High Earners In Civil Service Salary.sg Income and Jobs 29 28-04-2009 10:29 AM
HK civil service salary hike Salary.sg Income and Jobs 5 21-11-2008 11:57 PM
Civil Service Bonus mid-2008 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 6 15-07-2008 01:40 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
Year end bonus for civil service ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
343 Replies, 71,280 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
844 Replies, 245,301 Views
Whats your net worth ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,870 Replies, 987,071 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,889 Replies, 5,052,241 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,234 Replies, 1,533,688 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,055 Replies, 775,465 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,968 Replies, 7,659,022 Views
Owning a car in Singapore - the...
1 Replies, 852 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,541 Replies, 767,273 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,182 Replies, 586,129 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,951 Replies, 1,513,524 Views
SIA AO grades ( 1 2 3)
26 Replies, 12,746 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
720 Replies, 383,258 Views
GovTech Tech Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
180 Replies, 55,924 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,808 Replies, 2,163,744 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
665 Replies, 334,967 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
550 Replies, 320,178 Views
Citibank Singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
172 Replies, 115,066 Views
NUS (National University of... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
142 Replies, 128,671 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,860 Replies, 4,481,259 Views
Standard Chartered International... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
70 Replies, 78,346 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
932 Replies, 293,364 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,408 Replies, 643,515 Views
Career at Keppel
4 Replies, 1,417 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
601 Replies, 477,061 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,930 Replies, 648,603 Views
Cybersecurity/Info security career ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
195 Replies, 51,204 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
213 Replies, 81,622 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,061 Replies, 1,881,573 Views
ST Engineering Land Systems ( 1 2 3)
21 Replies, 1,985 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 07:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2