Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Anonymous 01-01-2012 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 19279)
ok the above example hit 3.8K at the start of the 3rd year at MX12 and 4.2K at the start of 4th year.

myself i'm 4.4K after 3+ years at MX12, my senior is at ard 4.7K after 4+ years. This does not include our NS. Does this mean we have to wait until the 5.3K ceiling for MX12 to be promoted to MX11?

No one can really tell you when you would be promoted without knowledge of your CEP. If I guess your cep to be 10, then my very rough estimate based on what I've observed in other cases is promotion in 2 yrs time for u if u are performing ok.

Anonymous 01-01-2012 11:58 PM

In the end, you need to have a sense of your cep.

Unregistered 03-01-2012 09:46 PM

can i asK more abt the CEP system?
does CEP stay more or less the same or does it drop as years go by?

i joined a stat board more than 1 yr ago in 2010.
recently i saw my CEP by accident, its abt the level of head of dept.
also i am wondering is it meaningful to estimate potential at age 50 when u r only in mid/late 20s

Anonymous 03-01-2012 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 19329)
can i asK more abt the CEP system?
does CEP stay more or less the same or does it drop as years go by?

i joined a stat board more than 1 yr ago in 2010.
recently i saw my CEP by accident, its abt the level of head of dept.
also i am wondering is it meaningful to estimate potential at age 50 when u r only in mid/late 20s

I'm no HR practitioner hence what I say would not be authoritative. From what I know though, the CEP fluctuates within the first few years and subsequently stabilises in later years.

Am not in the know of what the rank of a head of department is at a statutory board. Is it a divisional director rank? Or a branch/section head rank?

As to whether it is meaningful, I think if you ask different people you would get very different answers. I have some supervisory experience myself and my view is that it is possible to estimate the maximum potential of a young officer based on certain qualities demonstrated in the course of work. if one pays attention. Of course, such assessments should be reviewed/updated regularly by the supervisor and management.

Unregistered 08-01-2012 10:14 PM

Hi,

I'm a local uni 2nd upper grad spent abt 4 yrs++ in private sector finance. Basic salary now only 3.5k (Amazing)

Does anyone know how's the work culture like at MAS and

IE Singapore (International Enterprise)? As well as their typical remuneration for someone

with 4 yrs+ of work exp?

tutorial 12-01-2012 08:55 PM

Gross Salary: 4.2
With MRes and 2nd Lower NUS
2 Years working (contract) working exp
27 With NS

wing 12-01-2012 11:21 PM

private to public

im currently working in operatons of a foreign investment bank. joined as mngt trainee, abt 3 yrs of exp, drawing 5.2k mthly now. im from local uni, 1st class hons, completed NS. if i am to join ministry/ stat board (say MX scheme), how much can i expect?

thanks!

Anonymous 13-01-2012 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wing (Post 19706)
im currently working in operatons of a foreign investment bank. joined as mngt trainee, abt 3 yrs of exp, drawing 5.2k mthly now. im from local uni, 1st class hons, completed NS. if i am to join ministry/ stat board (say MX scheme), how much can i expect?

thanks!

do you really intend to do so? don't ask for the sake of asking.

Unregistered 13-01-2012 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous (Post 19707)
do you really intend to do so? don't ask for the sake of asking.

Why not? He's doing backend operations..which is incredibly boring though it pays well and it's a pity for his calibre of 1st class hons. Plus, invesment banking is laying off people at the moment.

I guess your prospective pay would depend on whether the govt job has any relevance to your IB ops experience at all.

wing 14-01-2012 12:44 AM

yes, im indeed contemplating on a career switch to public svc, mayb in the next yr or so. just trying to understand the market rate for ppl of my profile in the public sector. and how much a paycut to expect.

thanks for all the replies. appreciate it.