Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 03-12-2020 09:38 AM

I guess u are right. I'm a farmer from local uni. I can't expect more than a Director's post.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150412)
The fact is, if you are a scholar,

your MINIMUM outcome is Director. If you are a farmer, your MAXIMUM is Director.
Below Director, there is room for all sorts and backgrounds. But don't assume you'll move up the ladder at the same rate or end up at the same level.

Unregistered 03-12-2020 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150407)
update: received a conditional offer. confirm they are offering 3.9k, but based their annual package on 15.5-month basis (which of course will be lower due to covid). should i continue to slog in big 4 given that bonus and increment is uncertain, or just take on this job, with lesser progression? still feel kinda lowballed cos of covid unfortunately

FYI: they offered me on a 2-year contract basis

What does 15.5 months package means? Sorry quite new to the working world

Unregistered 03-12-2020 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150434)
What does 15.5 months package means? Sorry quite new to the working world

It means 12 mths salary + 1 mth of 13th mth "bonus" + 2.5 mths of other bonuses

Unregistered 03-12-2020 05:37 PM

Hi, got offered a 2 yr contract with 3.1K salary in a SB. Fresh grad, local uni, 2nd lower, no NS. Is the salary too low?

Unregistered 03-12-2020 05:59 PM

Some advice needed

Hi, got offered a 2 yr contract with 3.1K salary in a SB. Fresh grad, local uni, 2nd lower, no NS. Is the salary too low?

Unregistered 03-12-2020 08:50 PM

Unregistered 03-12-2020 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150412)
The fact is, if you are a scholar, your MINIMUM outcome is Director. If you are a farmer, your MAXIMUM is Director.
Below Director, there is room for all sorts and backgrounds. But don't assume you'll move up the ladder at the same rate or end up at the same level.

i bet to differ.
Agreed that non scholar max is Director but there are a lot of scholars (including president and psc scholars) stuck and retire at Deputy Director.

i am a non scholar and from non local U, sitting next door to me is a PSC scholar 5 yr older than me currently at the same grade (mx10) as me. both of us reports to the same Director. I am officially appointed the 2IC of the team earlier this year and is covering his duties when my D is away.

btw at the place i am at, Director is just 1 lvl below C lvl (GD).
i certainly wont reach group director but likewise for many other scholars i am sure.

Unregistered 03-12-2020 11:18 PM

Hi, got offered a 2yr contract with 3.1K salary in a SB. Fresh grad, local uni, 2nd lower, no NS. Is the salary too low?

Unregistered 03-12-2020 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150458)
Hi, got offered a 2yr contract with 3.1K salary in a SB. Fresh grad, local uni, 2nd lower, no NS. Is the salary too low?

looks pretty normal for a fresh grad with no NS? most prob private sector will pay you higher?

Unregistered 04-12-2020 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150459)
looks pretty normal for a fresh grad with no NS? most prob private sector will pay you higher?

Sounds like IRAS.