Compare civil service salary - Page 1092 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Compare civil service salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #10911 (permalink)  
Old 01-12-2020, 09:12 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
"show their pay"... there is some truth in what you say but this is an anonymous online forum... I might be perm sec for all you know
But you are just a cockroach. Your point being?

Reply With Quote
  #10912 (permalink)  
Old 01-12-2020, 09:14 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Im also in a statboard, 26, NS, 5.2K
But it's obvious that you are on some specialist scheme and that he/she is on a generic mx (or equivalent) scheme. Apples to oranges. Not even a valid comparison!

Reply With Quote
  #10913 (permalink)  
Old 01-12-2020, 09:58 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I am a private diploma holder, and a private U graduate. Now drawing $3.7K ish with one year job experience and NS. 26 years old. Failed N Levels, and did private O Levels - and did not do well too.

In a statboard. Working alongside bright minds, scholars and farmers like ourselves (cohesively!). Results truly doesn’t matter.

Reply With Quote
  #10914 (permalink)  
Old 01-12-2020, 10:51 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a private diploma holder, and a private U graduate. Now drawing $3.7K ish with one year job experience and NS. 26 years old. Failed N Levels, and did private O Levels - and did not do well too.

In a statboard. Working alongside bright minds, scholars and farmers like ourselves (cohesively!). Results truly doesn’t matter.
Good for you!

Some statboard and ministries are still very academic oriented.


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #10915 (permalink)  
Old 01-12-2020, 12:05 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a private diploma holder, and a private U graduate. Now drawing $3.7K ish with one year job experience and NS. 26 years old. Failed N Levels, and did private O Levels - and did not do well too.

In a statboard. Working alongside bright minds, scholars and farmers like ourselves (cohesively!). Results truly doesn’t matter.
depends on your job scope.. in most SB (not Min), they look for specialised skillset rather than your academic, you still need to be a degree holder though.

i am also from private U, 35 this yr, mx10
Reply With Quote
  #10916 (permalink)  
Old 02-12-2020, 04:25 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

the odds are not in your favour bah.

if u compare 100 private uni grads with 100 NTU/NUS grads across the board, do u really think both groups will have equal number of MX10s?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
depends on your job scope.. in most SB (not Min), they look for specialised skillset rather than your academic, you still need to be a degree holder though.

i am also from private U, 35 this yr, mx10
Reply With Quote

  #10917 (permalink)  
Old 02-12-2020, 09:42 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
the odds are not in your favour bah.

if u compare 100 private uni grads with 100 NTU/NUS grads across the board, do u really think both groups will have equal number of MX10s?
hmm.. you may be right but honestly i do not have the stats.
what i can share is if you are capable at your work domain, with good writing and presentation skills, you will likely be recognised and move up the ladder..

whether you are local U or not
Reply With Quote
  #10918 (permalink)  
Old 02-12-2020, 10:08 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Anyone know what's the prospects of fresh grad data science role in MHA or LTA?

Second Upper, NS, and with relevant internships
Reply With Quote
  #10919 (permalink)  
Old 02-12-2020, 10:49 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

u are not wrong in that it boils down to one's capability. That's one of the factors. But if u go deeper, it is the same reason why some had gone to certain unis and the rest did not. The other factor being that where one comes from counts. It adds up in terms of CEP and progression. It is too simplistic to think that it is not a factor. Similarly, i wont argue that being a non-scholar, i can outshine an AO if i am more capable than him/her. It just doesnt work that way.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hmm.. you may be right but honestly i do not have the stats.
what i can share is if you are capable at your work domain, with good writing and presentation skills, you will likely be recognised and move up the ladder..

whether you are local U or not
Reply With Quote
  #10920 (permalink)  
Old 02-12-2020, 10:52 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

adding on, if you are doing well, that is good. no ill intentions at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
u are not wrong in that it boils down to one's capability. That's one of the factors. But if u go deeper, it is the same reason why some had gone to certain unis and the rest did not. The other factor being that where one comes from counts. It adds up in terms of CEP and progression. It is too simplistic to think that it is not a factor. Similarly, i wont argue that being a non-scholar, i can outshine an AO if i am more capable than him/her. It just doesnt work that way.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
civil servants, civil service, government, law, lawyer, mx scale, public sector, scholar, scholarship, superscale

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Civil Service Pay - Director level curious Income and Jobs 149 15-06-2021 09:35 AM
Civil Service Bonus 2007 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 18-03-2010 12:42 PM
High Earners In Civil Service Salary.sg Income and Jobs 29 28-04-2009 10:29 AM
HK civil service salary hike Salary.sg Income and Jobs 5 21-11-2008 11:57 PM
Civil Service Bonus mid-2008 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 6 15-07-2008 01:40 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,327 Replies, 4,817,454 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
328 Replies, 110,204 Views
Top paying companies in SG for... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
90 Replies, 137,731 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,324 Replies, 1,385,270 Views
Mnc jobs - a must in life ?? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
160 Replies, 67,772 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,070 Replies, 267,580 Views
Relocation to the US or stay in SG? ( 1 2)
17 Replies, 631 Views
Officer Role in Bank of Tokyo -... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
204 Replies, 171,826 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,948 Replies, 1,807,267 Views
Getting MBA worth? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
127 Replies, 100,687 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
818 Replies, 220,476 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
166 Replies, 68,043 Views
GovTech Tech Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
109 Replies, 44,045 Views
Citibank Singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
150 Replies, 106,160 Views
JTC (Jurong Town Corporation) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
37 Replies, 40,203 Views
Need advice - local bank or bulge... ( 1 2 3)
20 Replies, 1,452 Views
Whats your net worth ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,848 Replies, 967,933 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,905 Replies, 1,458,157 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,389 Replies, 605,822 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,033 Replies, 755,145 Views
architecture graduate - go hdb or...
5 Replies, 1,519 Views
Visa Graduate Development Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
49 Replies, 18,652 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,104 Replies, 549,953 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,876 Replies, 627,798 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,720 Replies, 7,478,418 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,200 Replies, 2,591,262 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,148 Replies, 1,717,847 Views
FDM - Technical Graduate Program
2 Replies, 1,058 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
573 Replies, 457,430 Views
infosys, cognizant
5 Replies, 1,799 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 01:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2