Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 25-11-2020 10:48 PM

Anyone can share why contract staff is the norm? Must be coz contract staff cheaper to hire than perm right? Or is it because it is easier to downsize when the need arises?

Unregistered 25-11-2020 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149926)
Anyone can share why contract staff is the norm? Must be coz contract staff cheaper to hire than perm right? Or is it because it is easier to downsize when the need arises?

u just answered ur own qn

Unregistered 26-11-2020 08:30 AM

Because being on contract is cool?

Unregistered 27-11-2020 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149926)
Anyone can share why contract staff is the norm? Must be coz contract staff cheaper to hire than perm right? Or is it because it is easier to downsize when the need arises?

Yes..

It is easier to not extend the contract than to fire people when they are not performing.

Unregistered 28-11-2020 01:58 PM

is it difficult to move from MX11 to MX11A?

Unregistered 28-11-2020 02:04 PM

CS got CIS plans with telco?

Unregistered 29-11-2020 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150004)
Yes..

It is easier to not extend the contract than to fire people when they are not performing.

I see... maybe people got too comfortable with their iron rice bowl

Unregistered 30-11-2020 10:51 AM

Hi all, stat board offer of 3.9k basic pay. Male, NS, fresh grad, hons in software eng (local U but not big-3)
Unsure if this is within an acceptable range? Thanks all, any advice will be appreciated.

Unregistered 30-11-2020 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150219)
Hi all, stat board offer of 3.9k basic pay. Male, NS, fresh grad, hons in software eng (local U but not big-3)
Unsure if this is within an acceptable range? Thanks all, any advice will be appreciated.

you are better off going to private, they pay slightly higher 4.1k~4.3k

Unregistered 30-11-2020 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 150220)
you are better off going to private, they pay slightly higher 4.1k~4.3k

Understand that the bonuses and benefits are not as attractive in private though, or at least most that I am offered. Fresh grad not that easy to find I guess, only 1-2 MNCs offered me, but many TAPS offered me around 4k range which I've read only has AWS (13mnth).


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 01:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2