Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 16-11-2020 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149313)
Yea no offence taken, agree that Im not a high flyer and there will not be any breakthrough anytime soon too :( The new role is a management position to manage a team of 8-10pax. I have no experience. Can't decide if should I take the risk, after all it is a contract role compared to my current perm job (my first job after grad). (Most of my colleagues have been in the same company for 10 yrs and more) 🤨

Well if you are the sort who can stay in a position long term even without very high pay, then the CS would definitely be a better choice. Apart from mastering the technical aspects of your role, you will have a steep learning curve in making both your subordinates and your bosses happy.

Even if there is no headcount for a perm position, there is a chance they might renew your contract after the 1 year term - a short term problem to deal with until they have a perm opening.

Unregistered 16-11-2020 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149313)
Yea no offence taken, agree that Im not a high flyer and there will not be any breakthrough anytime soon too :( The new role is a management position to manage a team of 8-10pax. I have no experience. Can't decide if should I take the risk, after all it is a contract role compared to my current perm job (my first job after grad). (Most of my colleagues have been in the same company for 10 yrs and more) 🤨

is that a role in CPF? lol. #justasking

Unregistered 17-11-2020 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149317)
is that a role in CPF? lol. #justasking

No. Heard the turnover rate is high in the new role, may not be taking up the job. Thanks all for the advices

Unregistered 17-11-2020 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149097)
Hi all, looking for some advice please.

35 years old, 2nd Lower Hons and a M.Sc with about 8-9 years of work experience (3+yrs in a MNC), currently with a statboard drawing 5.8k on grade IPS 7.

Another statboard has verbally offered me MX11 but monthly salary is lower and title dropped from Manager to DM.

Am i being undercut? I will say the benefits are about the same.

Thanks for your advice.

Title different is normal la, different SB can even give the same candidate Assistant Director or Assistant Manager.

$5.8k sounds okay for a 35 YO on mx11. How much lower did they offer you. Since both are SB, don't jump over especially since there is a pay-cut.

Unregistered 17-11-2020 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149324)
No. Heard the turnover rate is high in the new role, may not be taking up the job. Thanks all for the advices

Yes, high turnover rate usually means bad/overly tough boss. Congrats on not taking up the job.

Unregistered 17-11-2020 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 148829)
Spf mx 12, no ns, 3+yrs exp, non local pass.

3.7k offered. Feel like got lowball.

this job ah? :p

careers(dot)pageuppeople(dot)com/688/cwlive/en/job/541714/sgunitedjobs-research-and-development-officer

Unregistered 17-11-2020 04:12 PM

is anyone still waiting on vital to get back?

Unregistered 17-11-2020 10:45 PM

anyone heard any news if we are getting MAC in dec?

Unregistered 18-11-2020 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149331)
this job ah? :p

careers(dot)pageuppeople(dot)com/688/cwlive/en/job/541714/sgunitedjobs-research-and-development-officer

Not this but similar. Mha one.
You gonna be my colleague? Haha

Unregistered 18-11-2020 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 148884)
New to working life here. PS pay seems to be lower base pay but 14-16 month annual package as compared to like 13-14 in private? Talking about fresh grad pay.

Hello, Lower in what sense? Just curious.. I just join too 2nd upper, 4.6 gross before allowance