Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 23-10-2020 04:48 PM

Hello! Just want to find out what's the range of starting salary of a MOF associate? 2nd Upper male from a local uni that just graduated

Unregistered 24-10-2020 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147921)
Hello! Just want to find out what's the range of starting salary of a MOF associate? 2nd Upper male from a local uni that just graduated

3.5k for mof ns 2nd upper

Unregistered 24-10-2020 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147865)
Thank you for your response. Much appreciated it. Sorry if I didn’t state my question clearly earlier.

The reason I post my question earlier, cos I got to know of my colleague pay package and they’re earning at least 1k higher than me and some even more with less work experience than me, although they might have local diploma or degree cert with them. Doesn’t work experience counts as well and my colleagues who are senior to me interms of working in CS earlier than me. They have half the work experience than me and have a different pay package. So I was wondering if I could be paid unfairly and why the huge difference in pay package.

No offence but your colleagues are much better qualified. Why would they be paid on the same scale? Ordinarily you would not even be hired with a private diploma, but i suppose your 14 years of experience has been factored into your current pay.

goaswind 24-10-2020 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147964)
No offence but your colleagues are much better qualified. Why would they be paid on the same scale? Ordinarily you would not even be hired with a private diploma, but i suppose your 14 years of experience has been factored into your current pay.

I don't think it's a matter of being better qualified. The reason should because of the last drawn pay. Furthermore, he has been unemployed for awhile, so the last drawn pay become less meaningful. His colleague maybe came over with a 4k+ last drawn pay, and thus will be given a higher pay.

Same job same pay grade can have a huge range. For my company A manager salary can be from 5k to 8.5k How to compare? Many times a Young Senior manager can be lower pay then a "Old" Manager.

Unregistered 24-10-2020 01:35 PM

Hi

Got offer from mas policy role and edb corporate. Which one should I choose?

goaswind 24-10-2020 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147982)
Got offer from mas policy role and edb corporate. Which one should I choose?

Whats the pay offer for both? EDB sounds more exciting if dont consider pay.

Unregistered 24-10-2020 04:33 PM

Is it common for civil servants to earn more than 100K annual salary in early to mid 30s?

Unregistered 24-10-2020 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147996)
Is it common for civil servants to earn more than 100K annual salary in early to mid 30s?

Most do, maybe 95% of civil servants(?) if you read this forum. But for myself, no...far from it. In my mid 30s.

Unregistered 24-10-2020 07:33 PM

Quote:

Yes. Not a problem at all in civil svc.

Unregistered 24-10-2020 07:34 PM

Quote:

If you have a good degree or on scholarship type then probably yes.