Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 19-10-2020 04:17 PM

Is it possible to nego pay with hr
They offered me lower than my current job....

Unregistered 19-10-2020 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147606)
Haha I don't know to take that as a compliment or what 😅

I'm looking at more of the security / enforcement side in other ministries or SB.

I think you have a chance to join the equivalent grad/ SO scheme of the new SB/ ministry. Pay offered will really depend on how the new agency views your application.

Unregistered 20-10-2020 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147584)
ehh...what value add can you add to another stat board? if no value add, suggest you stay at your current place. You are kinda overachieving based on yr qualifications unless you further studies.

I will recommend that you upgrade your academic qualifications. Unlike the private sector, the CS still places alot of emphasis on academics.

Unregistered 20-10-2020 09:21 PM

MSF Social Assistance

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147335)
Hi anyone can advise for an Assistant manager position in MSF for Social Assistance what is the salary range? I've passed the first interview so far, but can't find much information on the salary range.

My background:

No NS, Private Uni from Aussie, around 1 year relevant experience in this sector, but i've been working for at least 4 years.

thanks!

Australian Degree
3 yrs experience in VWO
AM, Social Service

Unregistered 20-10-2020 09:23 PM

Singapore Food Agency

Any idea on salary scheme?

Unregistered 21-10-2020 02:06 PM

Does MOM take slightly longer to come back with the status?

Unregistered 22-10-2020 11:16 AM

CS MX11 salary band range limits

Hi, does any know what is the MX11 salary band range limit? Was it $72xx or has it changed?

Unregistered 22-10-2020 11:29 PM

IT Executive

Hi, I’m 37 this year. Male with NS and a private higher Diploma. Joined CS about a year ago. Got emplacement after reaching my 1 year probation this year. Joined CS with 3.5K last year and after emplacement getting slightly near to 3.7k, with MX13i. I have about 14 years of working experience in private sector and due to recent years of economic turbulence my company also was not doing well as a SME and I was forced to look for a job else where due to my family commitments. Thankful I got a job after nearly 3 years of job search and multiple interviews and rejections finally found a job at CS.

Since I was finding work I didn’t demand for high pay. My question is, will I get my pay adjustment for my work experience in private sector and market rate or will follow the pay scale of MX grade? Just asking. TIA.

Unregistered 23-10-2020 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147854)
Hi, I’m 37 this year. Male with NS and a private higher Diploma. Joined CS about a year ago. Got emplacement after reaching my 1 year probation this year. Joined CS with 3.5K last year and after emplacement getting slightly near to 3.7k, with MX13i. I have about 14 years of working experience in private sector and due to recent years of economic turbulence my company also was not doing well as a SME and I was forced to look for a job else where due to my family commitments. Thankful I got a job after nearly 3 years of job search and multiple interviews and rejections finally found a job at CS.

Since I was finding work I didn’t demand for high pay. My question is, will I get my pay adjustment for my work experience in private sector and market rate or will follow the pay scale of MX grade? Just asking. TIA.

I think some of us may be confused about what you are really asking.

Didnt you said your civil service (CS) salary has been adjusted from $3.5k to $3.7k?

I am sure HR has considered everything about you (qualification + work experience) and offered you $3.7, which you accepted. There is literally no chance to negotiate the salary now.

Unregistered 23-10-2020 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147859)
I think some of us may be confused about what you are really asking.

Didnt you said your civil service (CS) salary has been adjusted from $3.5k to $3.7k?

I am sure HR has considered everything about you (qualification + work experience) and offered you $3.7, which you accepted. There is literally no chance to negotiate the salary now.

Thank you for your response. Much appreciated it. Sorry if I didn’t state my question clearly earlier.

The reason I post my question earlier, cos I got to know of my colleague pay package and they’re earning at least 1k higher than me and some even more with less work experience than me, although they might have local diploma or degree cert with them. Doesn’t work experience counts as well and my colleagues who are senior to me interms of working in CS earlier than me. They have half the work experience than me and have a different pay package. So I was wondering if I could be paid unfairly and why the huge difference in pay package.