Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 18-10-2020 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147542)
where is your recognised law degree from? NUS?

why dont u venture out or return to the private sector?

I can't share where in order to maintain my privacy. It's my fault for not returning to practice.

Just wanted to make the point that the guy with a diploma is making more than myself though he is also a year younger.

This realisation is really shaking me up.

Unregistered 18-10-2020 01:13 PM

Feels more 'Ok' if your degree is not from NUS. I suppose it's easier to come to terms with that.

Whatever the decisions made in the past, just got to move on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147547)
I can't share where in order to maintain my privacy. It's my fault for not returning to practice.

Just wanted to make the point that the guy with a diploma is making more than myself though he is also a year younger.

Unregistered 18-10-2020 04:10 PM

Hi all, I'm planning to apply to DSTA, may I know what is the latest pay structure like? and is it true that there is a slight difference in pay which depends on which department you are applying/posted to? NTU degree if it helps.

Unregistered 18-10-2020 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147547)

If you are not using your law degree, then it's really just a regular office job, which has many functions, si you shouldn't compare with diploma holder. For example, he or she may have NS and is in a HR or IT role rather than office support. Also, small SBs pay less well.

Unregistered 18-10-2020 10:38 PM

Anyone has the latest salary range for civil service for Grade 12, 11, 11A & 10?

Unregistered 18-10-2020 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147565)
If you are not using your law degree, then it's really just a regular office job, which has many functions, si you shouldn't compare with diploma holder. For example, he or she may have NS and is in a HR or IT role rather than office support. Also, small SBs pay less well.

Forgot to add, I had not completed my NS prior to signing on. Was just midway through. Hmm, I think in this case I should count myself fortunate.

Unregistered 18-10-2020 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147533)
You are doing superbly well with just a diploma. I'm not sure how another Stat Board of Ministry will pay, but I can tell you that im 32 and have a recognised law degree but earned only 68k for 2019 at my SB.

Ohh wah ok, that puts things in perspective. How long have you been in that SB?

Unregistered 19-10-2020 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147555)
Hi all, I'm planning to apply to DSTA, may I know what is the latest pay structure like? and is it true that there is a slight difference in pay which depends on which department you are applying/posted to? NTU degree if it helps.

Forget to add: male, completed NS, 2nd upper comp sci

Unregistered 19-10-2020 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147426)
I'm 31 this year in MHA uniformed service. Local diploma holder. Started with salary of $2k around 8 years ago. Currently drawing about $4.5k per month before bonuses. Annual salary for 2019 was $70k with the lousy 0.1 year end bonus.

Pursuing a part-time SUSS degree fully sponsored by MHA.

Question - should I move one to other sector upon getting my degree? Can I expect a higher salary after getting my degree if I join a Stat Board or another Ministry?

ehh...what value add can you add to another stat board? if no value add, suggest you stay at your current place. You are kinda overachieving based on yr qualifications unless you further studies.

Unregistered 19-10-2020 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147584)
ehh...what value add can you add to another stat board? if no value add, suggest you stay at your current place. You are kinda overachieving based on yr qualifications unless you further studies.

Haha I don't know to take that as a compliment or what 😅

I'm looking at more of the security / enforcement side in other ministries or SB.