Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 15-10-2020 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147397)
Hi Guys,

I just received an contract by the Civil Sector.

They offer me 5000 per month.

Can I ask what is all these 4 components mean?

Your gross monthly salary is made up of
1) 53.5% Basic Salary,
2) 9% Monthly Variable Component,
3) 5.5% Non-Pensionable Component, and
4) 32% Non-Pensionable Variable Payment.

But they never mention anything about AWS (13th Month), Performance Bonus, and the Mid Year, End Year Civil Bonus.

Anyone working in civil sector know what it means? Thank you.

To add on, it's a MX12 position.

Unregistered 16-10-2020 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147398)
To add on, it's a MX12 position.

kind of weird to have mvc, npc and npvc in your salary. i thought usually jus one of them.

Unregistered 16-10-2020 02:48 AM

Salary Component

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147412)
kind of weird to have mvc, npc and npvc in your salary. i thought usually jus one of them.

What's mvc, npc and npvc?

Unregistered 16-10-2020 08:22 AM

I'm 31 this year in MHA uniformed service. Local diploma holder. Started with salary of $2k around 8 years ago. Currently drawing about $4.5k per month before bonuses. Annual salary for 2019 was $70k with the lousy 0.1 year end bonus.

Pursuing a part-time SUSS degree fully sponsored by MHA.

Question - should I move one to other sector upon getting my degree? Can I expect a higher salary after getting my degree if I join a Stat Board or another Ministry?

Unregistered 16-10-2020 01:50 PM

i think uniformed pays better than most stat boards with degree, not sure tho

Unregistered 17-10-2020 12:28 PM

Would like to check on how hard it is to join economist service? What are they looking out for? Fresh grad with 2nd upper from local u here.

Unregistered 17-10-2020 09:20 PM

firstly, you need to serve your bond after completing your degree.

secondly, it is not easy to find a job at such a job and with a suss degree.

stay on with MHA. i am also in MHA.

good wat....we had a Minister awarding u all with the scholarship and sponsorships.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147426)
I'm 31 this year in MHA uniformed service. Local diploma holder. Started with salary of $2k around 8 years ago. Currently drawing about $4.5k per month before bonuses. Annual salary for 2019 was $70k with the lousy 0.1 year end bonus.

Question - should I move one to other sector upon getting my degree? Can I expect a higher salary after getting my degree if I join a Stat Board or another Ministry?

Unregistered 17-10-2020 09:21 PM

typo. i meant at such an age.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147531)
firstly, you need to serve your bond after completing your degree.

secondly, it is not easy to find a job at such a job and with a suss degree.

stay on with MHA. i am also in MHA.

good wat....we had a Minister awarding u all with the scholarship and sponsorships.

Unregistered 17-10-2020 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147426)

You are doing superbly well with just a diploma. I'm not sure how another Stat Board of Ministry will pay, but I can tell you that im 32 and have a recognised law degree but earned only 68k for 2019 at my SB.

Unregistered 18-10-2020 10:49 AM

where is your recognised law degree from? NUS?

why dont u venture out or return to the private sector?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147533)
You are doing superbly well with just a diploma. I'm not sure how another Stat Board of Ministry will pay, but I can tell you that im 32 and have a recognised law degree but earned only 68k for 2019 at my SB.