Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 23-09-2020 11:03 PM

Hi,

Would lyke to ask hows the payscale for MOE teachers like?

How much can i be earning in about 10 years time?

Assuming avg performance in sch, graduated from public U.

Unregistered 23-09-2020 11:09 PM

I'm not yet an employee of public service, so this post may be off topic, but I've already received a provisional offer from HR (working adult with 5 years working experience+degree). When the HR 'crunch the numbers' for me, he was saying I would be drawing an average of ?k per month if I included all the bonuses with annual salary and divided by 12. The number (annual+bonuses /12) is 60% more than my monthly salary, is this realistic? Is he using a best case scenario to illustrate (best performer, economy doing very well)?

What is the estimated gauge of bonus (in terms of months maybe) in civil service now?

Just curious.

Unregistered 24-09-2020 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146111)
I'm not yet an employee of public service, so this post may be off topic, but I've already received a provisional offer from HR (working adult with 5 years working experience+degree). When the HR 'crunch the numbers' for me, he was saying I would be drawing an average of ?k per month if I included all the bonuses with annual salary and divided by 12. The number (annual+bonuses /12) is 60% more than my monthly salary, is this realistic? Is he using a best case scenario to illustrate (best performer, economy doing very well)?

What is the estimated gauge of bonus (in terms of months maybe) in civil service now?

Just curious.

I would say in good times it would average of 4 months additional bonuses (including AWS, performance bonus, mid + year end bonus). But now with bad economy you should remove the mid+year end.

Unregistered 24-09-2020 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146111)

Just curious.

dont trust HR say... alot of my friends listen to those civil service HR say got 16-17 month package.. ALWAYS take the minimum guarantee package then divide by 12 (eg. 15 month)

bonus is not guarantee but monthly salary is...

Unregistered 24-09-2020 01:56 PM

If the job is in a special scheme (e.g. engineer, architect, doctor, statistician), there's also market adjustment component bonuses which can go up to 3 months. Total yearly bonus can be up to 7 months for an average performer.

That's in a normal year. The bonus this year will shrink dramatically.

Unregistered 26-09-2020 12:33 AM

LTA executive engineer/senior engineer is tagged to which MX pay grade? How much should a 3 years relevant working experience Male local uni with 2nd class uppers expect? Thanks!

Unregistered 27-09-2020 12:39 PM

Sounds like SE may be pegged to MX11 and EE pegged to MX11A.
Perhaps Project Manager in LTA is equivalent to MX10.
Not very sure though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146255)
LTA executive engineer/senior engineer is tagged to which MX pay grade? How much should a 3 years relevant working experience Male local uni with 2nd class uppers expect? Thanks!

Unregistered 27-09-2020 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146255)

SE is mx12, EE is mx11..

mx11a is PE. PM can be mx11a or mx10

Unregistered A.I. Human 03-10-2020 04:54 PM

Qns: Is Pay more important or the grade? Does it affects progression?
May I know which grade does a 5.9k Senior Manager (SB) falls under?

Unregistered 03-10-2020 10:40 PM

Sfa

hi anyone can share the SFA salary scheme, please?