Compare civil service salary - Page 1046 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Compare civil service salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #10451 (permalink)  
Old 23-08-2020, 09:25 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Assuming Covid hasn't changed anything, average MX(ministry) would be:

Fresh - around 3.8k
35yo - around 6.5k
45yo - around 8-9k
50s - you'll probably stop increasing at about 9+k, depending on your CEP/performance.

The real draw would be your bonuses though, which will be a given every year and is generally better than the private sector.
is the annual package for avg performer around 16 mths?

Reply With Quote
  #10452 (permalink)  
Old 23-08-2020, 09:47 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Donít talk cock if you donít know anything. MTI AD is 3.5-3.8k starting. MAS is similar too.
But bonuses in MTI/MAS are generally higher than the social ministries/stat boards. So in a sense, officers from these economic agencies do get higher pay compared with officers from social agencies.

Reply With Quote
  #10453 (permalink)  
Old 23-08-2020, 09:53 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
is the annual package for avg performer around 16 mths?
Depends on where you go, really. Average across the civil service is 14-15 months.

Reply With Quote
  #10454 (permalink)  
Old 23-08-2020, 11:40 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

For average farmer who eventually make it to Director, usually how old will they be?


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #10455 (permalink)  
Old 23-08-2020, 11:49 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
For average farmer who eventually make it to Director, usually how old will they be?
First of all this is near impossible. If they do make it, I imagine they'll be late 40s at least.
Reply With Quote
  #10456 (permalink)  
Old 23-08-2020, 02:39 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Assuming Covid hasn't changed anything, average MX(ministry) would be:

Fresh - around 3.8k
35yo - around 6.5k
45yo - around 8-9k
50s - you'll probably stop increasing at about 9+k, depending on your CEP/performance.

The real draw would be your bonuses though, which will be a given every year and is generally better than the private sector.
Bonuses in private sector are dependent on the industry. Lower bonus may mean higher fixed monthly gross salary.

In my company, mid 8K (inclusive of AWS) can be obtained by 30 yo. Not counting variable bonus.

Not all private sector companies are the same.
.
Reply With Quote

  #10457 (permalink)  
Old 23-08-2020, 05:51 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
But bonuses in MTI/MAS are generally higher than the social ministries/stat boards. So in a sense, officers from these economic agencies do get higher pay compared with officers from social agencies.
All are on the MXO scheme with the same PSD mandated bonuses. Unless youíre on a special scheme then youíll get higher bonuses.
Reply With Quote
  #10458 (permalink)  
Old 23-08-2020, 07:28 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
First of all this is near impossible. If they do make it, I imagine they'll be late 40s at least.
Possible, but it's usually those with at least 20 years experience. In fact, some directors come from industry directly, esp for tech agencies.
Reply With Quote
  #10459 (permalink)  
Old 24-08-2020, 12:58 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Depends on where you go, really. Average across the civil service is 14-15 months.
oh then not very good.
i am on a specialised scheme, avg perfomer getting 17 mths. (unless its during bad econs year like now)
Reply With Quote
  #10460 (permalink)  
Old 24-08-2020, 02:11 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Good that your company is paying very well. There is no conversation here at all, since Civil Service is poor in your views. Good luck in your career in the private sector.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Bonuses in private sector are dependent on the industry. Lower bonus may mean higher fixed monthly gross salary.

In my company, mid 8K (inclusive of AWS) can be obtained by 30 yo. Not counting variable bonus.

Not all private sector companies are the same.
.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
civil servants, civil service, government, law, lawyer, mx scale, public sector, scholar, scholarship, superscale

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Civil Service Pay - Director level curious Income and Jobs 149 15-06-2021 09:35 AM
Civil Service Bonus 2007 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 18-03-2010 12:42 PM
High Earners In Civil Service Salary.sg Income and Jobs 29 28-04-2009 10:29 AM
HK civil service salary hike Salary.sg Income and Jobs 5 21-11-2008 11:57 PM
Civil Service Bonus mid-2008 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 6 15-07-2008 01:40 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,818 Replies, 4,238,577 Views
GIC (Government of Singapore... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
320 Replies, 433,111 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,220 Replies, 7,070,073 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,040 Replies, 1,114,358 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,776 Replies, 2,351,344 Views
Career as Insurance Agent - HR are...
2 Replies, 1,768 Views
HDB (under MND) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
447 Replies, 353,351 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,812 Replies, 1,615,017 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
407 Replies, 286,302 Views
Cybersecurity/Info security career ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
75 Replies, 21,741 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
701 Replies, 163,302 Views
How rich/poor am I compared to... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
68 Replies, 62,100 Views
How much do you earn and save? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
282 Replies, 87,660 Views
How much does influencers make... ( 1 2)
10 Replies, 3,369 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3)
28 Replies, 13,719 Views
ICA (under Home Affairs) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
107 Replies, 160,291 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
87 Replies, 45,496 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,480 Replies, 1,311,352 Views
advice
3 Replies, 294 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
978 Replies, 700,560 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,277 Replies, 512,565 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
440 Replies, 243,105 Views
Marsh Graduate Development Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
80 Replies, 31,551 Views
Anyone work for Casino (RWS/MBS) ?... ( 1 2 3)
28 Replies, 24,906 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,884 Replies, 2,396,129 Views
Our Children's Future in Singapore
2 Replies, 1,813 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,046 Replies, 1,271,570 Views
Engineer Pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
269 Replies, 111,025 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
124 Replies, 122,313 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 03:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2