Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 22-08-2020 01:38 PM

The fresh grad is young and probably has stellar academic credentials. Massive potential too. Thus the high starting pay and good CEP.

For someone with 10 years of experience, unless the management thinks that the person is exceptional, is usually seen as a mid careerist. Past experiences are not always commensurate with the offered package. Thus the 6K. (there are always exceptions, not arguing against that)

The whole matter is not based on linear proportionality.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144311)
DSTA fresh grad is alr $4.8k, asking for $6k as someone with 10 years exp is really cmi.


Unregistered 22-08-2020 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144317)
The fresh grad is young and probably has stellar academic credentials. Massive potential too. Thus the high starting pay and good CEP.

For someone with 10 years of experience, unless the management thinks that the person is exceptional, is usually seen as a mid careerist. Past experiences are not always commensurate with the offered package. Thus the 6K. (there are always exceptions, not arguing against that)

The whole matter is not based on linear proportionality.

$4.8k is for hons (2nd lower/3rd class), good hons (2nd upper/1st class) will receive $5.1k

Unregistered 22-08-2020 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144316)
Just wondering, given your suggestion that one's last drawn salary seems to be highly relevant, if someone with 1-2 years working experience drawing 6-7k moves to civil service, would one qualify for a higher pay grade notwithstanding one's lack of working experience?

Likely will need to take payout. Years of exp is an impt part of salary calculation.

For example, a fresh grad earning $9k at goldman sachs will take a massive payout if he joins MAS 2 years later.

Unregistered 22-08-2020 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144320)
Likely will need to take payout. Years of exp is an impt part of salary calculation.

For example, a fresh grad earning $9k at goldman sachs will take a massive payout if he joins MAS 2 years later.

Typo, should be Paycut*

Unregistered 22-08-2020 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144303)
Which statboard? Diff statboards have diff structures, but for fresh grad on MX scheme should be $3k to $4k. Specialist schemes start from $4k to $5k (higher for defence statboards like DSTA, CSIT, etc).

I have 6 years of exp and my last drawn is 6kUSD. I have an offer from HPB under grade 8, is that the the same as MX scheme?

Also, they said that they can only offer 4.7k due to internal parity. Do I have the right to ask for more and is it likely that they won't budge on the amount?

Thank you.

Unregistered 22-08-2020 03:46 PM

They dont need to give in, and they won't give in. There are many others behind you in the queue. Unless u are offering them someone which others can't. Which i doubt.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144322)
I have 6 years of exp and my last drawn is 6kUSD. I have an offer from HPB under grade 8, is that the the same as MX scheme?

Also, they said that they can only offer 4.7k due to internal parity. Do I have the right to ask for more and is it likely that they won't budge on the amount?

Thank you.


Unregistered 22-08-2020 05:08 PM

Hi, can i ask what the salary range for a fresh graduate with NS and Scholarship for IRAS? Job is related to IT/Transformation.

Unregistered 22-08-2020 05:18 PM

Singapore Local Uni Singaporean Male 2nd upper. If average or above average Performer, what is the base salary at early 30s, early 40s and early 50s be like.

Unregistered 22-08-2020 07:53 PM

Is it true that public service will at least match your last drawn?

Can I use this to negotiate higher?

Unregistered 22-08-2020 08:50 PM

no it is not true.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144337)
Is it true that public service will at least match your last drawn?

Can I use this to negotiate higher?



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 02:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2