Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 07-08-2020 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143485)
4.8xk now. Started at 3.6k in 2017 (yes i know it is very slow and little increment compared to others).

In my early 30s now, took a longer path in my education journey, was a rebellious student in the past.

what are you talking about? you’ve done very well! getting from MX13 to MX11 in 3 years is very good liao

Unregistered 08-08-2020 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143486)
what are you talking about? you’ve done very well! getting from MX13 to MX11 in 3 years is very good liao

Whatever the MX is, I get lots of criticism from family and some friends that this is ridiculous increment as some in private get 500-1000+ increment a year early in their career.

Unregistered 08-08-2020 08:35 AM

Slow and steady wins the race! Outside can increase very fast, but once you reach certain age and level, you will be prone to retrenchment whenever the economy sours...
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143488)
Whatever the MX is, I get lots of criticism from family and some friends that this is ridiculous increment as some in private get 500-1000+ increment a year early in their career.


Unregistered 08-08-2020 03:00 PM

27 yo here, 1 year in service, 5.5k basic in a specialised scheme

Unregistered 08-08-2020 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143493)
Slow and steady wins the race! Outside can increase very fast, but once you reach certain age and level, you will be prone to retrenchment whenever the economy sours...

Even if they get retrenched, they can still join CS and take on leadership appointment with their years of experience in the private sector

sinkingfeeling 08-08-2020 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143485)
4.8xk now. Started at 3.6k in 2017 (yes i know it is very slow and little increment compared to others).

In my early 30s now, took a longer path in my education journey, was a rebellious student in the past.

Heng I took the longer path but still never 出人头地 :(

Unregistered 09-08-2020 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143525)
Even if they get retrenched, they can still join CS and take on leadership appointment with their years of experience in the private sector

Nope....CS won’t take you if you only wanna join because you were retrenched. Believe it or not, entry interviews are very stringent because they sieve out private sector type who only want to hop in and hop out.

Unregistered 09-08-2020 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143509)
27 yo here, 1 year in service, 5.5k basic in a specialised scheme

Can share what scheme?

Unregistered 09-08-2020 09:21 AM

That is what the folks in the private sector love to think. But it is not true. Far from it.

My friend who is a Manager in the maritime industry was only offered a senior exec position when he applied for a position at my Ministry HQ. From 8K to around 4-5K. And that was provided he cleared through all the subsequent interviews.

Didnt proceed further.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143525)
Even if they get retrenched, they can still join CS and take on leadership appointment with their years of experience in the private sector


Unregistered 09-08-2020 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143540)
Can share what scheme?

The one most discussed above. Thought i’d inject some real world numbers.
Local uni FCH + uni scholar + NS.


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 02:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2